Subject: Re: The old account: pcrc_hpf

From: Kathy Becker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 07:19:57 -0400

Saleh,

You'll need to speak directly with Roman about this.
Each time this issue has come up in the past, I've
asked for more details and assurances that there
will be a designated person to configure and maintain
this webserver and account.  No progress is ever made
in regard to that request.

Regards,
Kathy

In message <[email-masked]>Saleh E
lmohamed writes
>Hi Kathy,
>
>You may recall that we talked about this few months ago... 
>pcrc_hpf was closed at the time. It used to host VPL, the 
>package that was used for last year's Jackson's class, CPS615.
>
>Geoffrey seems to be interested in taking another look at 
>that package... He mentioned the idea about integrating it 
>with Tango and used again just like last year's but this time 
>as part of tango. A week or so ago I asked Remek to modify his 
>tango editor (xemacs) to take into account the master-slave 
>(or teacher-student) mode, so that something like VPL tools can 
>be of some use in tango's collaborative env.
>
>I guess the first thing needed is an apache server to be used
>to host it... Is it possible to open this account? I'd like to
>see if we can have an apache running there instead of the old
>and un-secure server.
>
>regards,
>Saleh
>
>
>
>
>