Subject: Get the goods on BML, Jini, servlets, and more in JW this month!

From: [email-masked] (JavaWorld Editor-in-Chief)
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 99 10:52:00 EST

J A V A W O R L D   A L E R T
                   JavaWorld -- Fueling Innovation!

             Get the Java TIPS, TOOLS, and TECHNOLOGIES at
                  http://www.javaworld.com?092799txt

Dear JavaWorld reader,

Greetings from JavaWorld Alert, your e-mail link to what's new at
www.javaworld.com.

For the latest tips, tutorials, news, resources, and more, go to:

   http://www.javaworld.com/jw-09-1999/jw-09-toc.html?092799txt

GET THE SKINNY ON THE BEAN MARKUP LANGUAGE, JINI, SERVLETS, AND MORE!

JavaWorld's OCTOBER issue went live last week and features a
NUTS & BOLTS section that's absolutely packed with code facts.
Here are just a few of the juicy offerings you can find in this
month's issue:

  JAVABEANS columnist Mark Johnson delivers Part 2 of his "Bean
  Markup Language" series, focusing this month on how to use BML
  to create event-driven applications. To continue learning about
  IBM's custom beans language, go to:

  http://www.javaworld.com/jw-10-1999/jw-10-beans.html?092799txt

  In "How to attach a user interface to a Jini service," veteran
  JavaWorld columnist Bill Venners demonstrates how the working
  proposal of the "serviceui" project standardizes the way a user
  interface is attached to a Jini service. Read the latest
  JINIOLOGY installment at:

  http://www.javaworld.com/jw-10-1999/jw-10-jiniology.html?092799txt

  Servlet guru Jason Hunter answers the question "What's new in
  Java Servlet API 2.2?" in this comprehensive update on the
  latest API release from Sun:

  http://www.javaworld.com/jw-10-1999/jw-10-servletapi.html?092799txt

GRAB THE CHANCE TO BE HEARD -- AND READ -- ON JAVAWORLD'S PAGES!

  Do you have a tip that you think would help out your fellow
  JavaWorld readers? We would like to see it!  For a list of
  previously published JAVA TIPS as well as guidelines on how to
  submit your ideas, see the Java Tips Index:

  http://www.javaworld.com/javatips/jw-javatips.index.html?092799txt

  The experts at RandomWalk Computing are poised to answer your
  toughest Java questions. Every week JavaWorld publishes two
  JAVA Q & As -- reader-submitted questions with responses from
  experienced Java programmers.  Find out what problems your fellow
  readers are grappling with:

  http://www.javaworld.com/javaqa/javaqa-index.html?092799txt

Thanks for reading JavaWorld!

      SPREAD THE WORD! Send this e-mail to a friend, and spread
   the word about Java -- and JavaWorld, the leading Java magazine!
                    More than 200,000 readers

                 JavaWorld -- Fueling Innovation!
                     http://www.javaworld.com

	JavaWorld is part of IDG.net, the IDG Online Network.
			IT All Starts Here:
			 http://www.idg.net

****************ADVERTISEMENT************************

LinuxWorld Featured Title:
Developing Linux Applications with GTK+ and GDK
The guide for Linux programmers explains how to develop GUI
applications using the GIMP toolkit and GTK+ bundled libraries.

Available at the LinuxWorld Bookstore with an additional 10%
discount on this title:

http://www1.fatbrain.com/partners/linuxworld/home.asp?from=linuxw

***************READER SERVICE************************

WIN     *      WIN    *       WIN     *      WIN     *     WIN

A DELL PRECISION WORKSTATION - WORTH $2,965

Check out IDG's  LinuxWorld, a FREE Web-only magazine dedicated to
Linux technology and the Linux community. Plus, enter to WIN a Dell
Precision Workstation-worth $2,965. It's easy to enter and entirely
FREE! Somebody's got to be a winner and it could be YOU!
Don't delay.  Enter now!

<a href="http://www.linuxworld.com/linuxworld/cgi-bin/subscribe.cgi?02LTJ8">http://www.linuxworld.com/linuxworld/cgi-bin/subscribe.cgi?02LTJ8</a>

**************SPONSORED EVENT*************************

Register now for the Embedded Systems Conference Europe!
16 - 18 November 1999, Maastricht, The Netherlands

ESC Europe -- a 3-day technical conference and 2-day free exhibition
-- is the largest pan-European embedded event of its kind in Europe.

Register for the conference before October 8th and save up to £170!
Go to http://www.esceurope.com

***********************************************************************

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
To stop receiving such messages, send email to [email-masked]
with a subject field of:

UNSUB javaworld [email-masked] jw1828

Questions? Email [email-masked]

Distribution, database maintenance and response management
by The Email Channel, Inc. For more information, send e-mail 
to [email-masked]
---------------------------------------------------------------------