Subject: FW: HW2

From: "Chiarito, Vincent P WES" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 01:02:35 -0600

This is what I get when I run the same problem for 4-nodes (by just
selecting 4-nodes from the menu in the MPI session window and changing only
- it appears - the output file name using mpichw2.c with output in file
mpichw2.out4b in directory chiariv/hw2/):

tmrun: /npac/home/pcrc_hpf/class-accounts/chiariv//cps615-mpi-c.exe: No such
file or directory

There seems to be some problem again with running VPL from here?

I did not have this problem yesterday after I was informed that the problem
was fixed - maybe it's the same problem again?

-----Original Message-----
From: Chiarito, Vincent P WES 
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2000 12:34 AM
To: 'Zheng, Qiang'
Subject: RE: HW2

Dear Zheng:

I've posted hw2, but I got this problem again with running 2 nodes on VPL (I
had rerun my HW to add the line:  process .. : contibution = ... (which in
my code is psumintegral).  This is the same problem I had for the last three
days while checking with HelloWorld.c that you got fixed yesterday evening.
You'll probably see this in file mpichw2.out2  I reran succesfully for
1-node, but as you see there still seems to be a problem with 2-nodes from
my end.  I haven't tried for 4-nodes, but I will with a different output
file - I'll call it mpichw2.out4b . Thanks.

The message is (after submitting for a 2-node process in VPL's MPI session):

TMTL_shmem_connection_init: [osprey4.npac.syr.edu]
        Not enough space left for shared memory files
        Free space available on filesystem:   39960576 bytes
        Free space available for shmem files: 32943309 bytes
        Space requested:                      34966528 bytes
        Consult the Sun MPI Guide on shared memory allocation.
Rank 0 TMTL_init: Physical connection init for PM 4 failed, errorcode = -10
Rank 0 TMTL_init: Aborting....
TMTL_abort aborting process....
Signaled (core dumped).> 

> Vince Chiarito,
> ERDC, Vicksburg, MS