Subject: Java code

From: Jason Levit <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 12:33:57 -0600 (CST)

Hi Michael and Saleh,

  I've been investigating using Java for some of my research center's 
numerical weather prediction codes, and in the course of my web research
I stumbled upon the NPAC "Java Resources for Science and Engineering"
web page.  In the "Applications" section, I viewed some of the CFD Java
applets which are presented there, and I was delighted to see some applications
which closely resemble the kind of work I'd like to do - that is, mainly
build small numerical weather prediction models within Java, and have a 
graphical presentation of contours, etc., available in a Java applet.

  Since I was unable to find the code available for the Java applets 
available on the web site, I dug a little deeper and found the HPF code 
both of you wrote for the "Nozzle Flow Simulation" applet.  The reason I'm
writing is to ask if there is any possibility that I could obtain the Java
code for this  - as it would be perfect to see your HPF code converted
to Java, since it could help educate me on how to convert my own F77 code.
Obtaining the Java source would be a huge help and might save me months of
work.  

  Thanks for any information or help you can give me!!!  I look forward to
hearing from you.

  Jason Levit

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jason J. Levit, N9MLA                         Research Associate,
[email-masked]                   Center for Analysis and Prediction of Storms
Room 1014                                   University of Oklahoma
405/325-3503                                http://www.caps.ou.edu/