Subject: Job announcement (fwd)

From: Saleh <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 May 1999 17:53:26 -0400 (EDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 00:31:49 -0700
From: Peter Kalocsai <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Job announcement

Data Mining Scientist

BioDiscovery, Inc. is a leading gene expression image and data analysis
firm with an outstanding client list and a progressive industry stance.
We are an early-stage start-up company dedicated to the development of
state-of-the-art bioinformatics software tools for molecular biology and
genomics research. We are rapidly growing and are looking for talented
individuals with experience and motivations to take on significant
responsibility and deliver with minimal supervision. BioDiscovery is an
equal opportunity employer and our shop has a friendly, fast paced
atmosphere. We are headquartered in sunny Southern California close to
the UCLA campus.

We are looking for a talented, creative individual with a strong
background in software development, mathematics, statistics, and pattern
recognition. Knowledge of biology and genetics is a plus but not
necessary. This position involves development and implementation of
pattern recognition and data mining algorithms for a number of ongoing
and planned projects. This position requires the ability to formulate
problem descriptions through interaction with end-user scientist working
in the various aspects of genomics. These technical issues must then be
transformed into innovative and practical algorithmic solutions. We
expect our scientists to have outstanding written/oral communication
skills and encourage publications in scientific journals.

Requirements:

A Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics,
Biostatistics, or related field, or equivalent experience is required.
Knowledge of biology and genetics is a plus but not necessary.
Experience with MatLab, JAVA, or at least 5 years programming
experience.

Please send resume and cover letter to: [email-masked]

----------------------------------------------
Peter Kalocsai, Ph.D.
BioDiscovery, Inc.
11150 W. Olympic Blvd.
Suite 805E
Los Angeles, CA 90064
Ph: (310) 966-9366
Fax: (310) 966-9346
E-mail: [email-masked]