Subject: Letter of Recommendation

From: Saleh Elmohamed <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 17:00:02 -0500 (EST)

Geoffrey,

I put together the following draft letter. Go over it
and see if it is in a good form structurely as well as
grammatically. If you think it is fine I'd appreciate it 
if you could type it on an official letter and then sign
it. I really thank you if you could do before you leave
town tomorrow. I'd like to take a copy with me.

--------------------------------------

Dear Sir,

I'm writing to you regarding my diligent student, Saleh Elmohamed.
I understand that he will be interviewing with you for 
a position in your company. Saleh has been working with me here,
at the Northeast Parallel Architectures Center, on a number of
research and development projects. His areas of focus are in high
performance and distributed computing (performance of multiprocessors
and interaction of applications and architecture), Java and Java
technologies for computational science and engineering, distance
learning, and scheduling.

He has developed a new set of annealing-based heuristics to carry
out scheduling and timetabling in a more efficient and least costly
fashion. Also, he developed and extensively worked on software
for distributed computing. He has been involved in teaching
computational science and engineering for the last three years.
He put together various web-based teaching resources, proposed
projects, as well as designed many parallel/distributed examples 
in C/MPI, High Performance Fortran, and Java to be used
as teaching tools for those courses.

Saleh is quite knowledgeable with experience on issues involved
in parallel computing, particularly programming models such as
shared-memory and message passing paradigms. He also has been working
on the use of high performance Java for application problems
in computational science and engineering. His dissertation is
on annealing-based algorithms for optimization, particularly,
for the hard problems of scheduling and timetabling.

As his academic advisor I also would like to say that he is not only
a hard working person but his work always of high quality. I whole
heartedly recommend him highly and believe he would be very valuable
member of your organization.
Please, feel free, if necessary, to contact me about Saleh's academic
background and his research and development work with NPAC.

Best Regards,