Subject: Announcing Release of Friar Tuck

From: Martin Henz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 17:00:15 +0800 (GMT-8)

Friar Tuck: A Constraint-based Round Robin Planner

In round robin sport competitions, each team plays each other one or
several times, according to a rigid scheme. The coordinators of such
tournaments often have to deal with a host of requirements from the
participating teams, the fans and the media. The result is a
combinatorial search problem of often considerable complexity.

Friar Tuck is a round robin tournament planner that is designed to
solve such problems. Friar Tuck allows to conveniently enter a variety
of typical round robin constraints. Friar Tuck allows the coordinator
of (especially professional) sport tournaments to compute provably
optimal tournament plans. Friar Tuck is based on constraint
programming and implemented in the concurrent constraint language Oz,
using the programming system DFKI Oz 2.0.

Further information and downloads for Windows95/NT and Solaris Sparc
are available at
	http://www.iscs.nus.edu.sg/~henz/projects/FriarTuck/

Friar Tuck is distributed free of charge, including the source code. 
No warranties are implied or expressly given. NUS, DISCS or Martin 
Henz will not be responsible for any loss resulting from the use of 
this software. Suggestions and other feedback regarding the use of
Friar Tuck are highly appreciated.

Martin Henz
http://www.iscs.nus.edu.sg/~henz