Subject: Re: Belly Dancing

From: "Fred L. Garrett" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 13:23:44 -0500

Saleh,

At 10:21 PM 5/2/98 -0400, Saleh Elmohamed wrote:
>It certainly was pleasure meeting you at the INFORMS. I must say that
>dinner and the very authentic entertainment afterward are simply 
>unforgettable :-)  Too bad I forgot to take my camera with me to 
>Montreal. 

I think Marco and I are just as happy that you did not have a camera with
you. Also, I think it is your and Filippo's turn to provide entertainment
on our next visit. I will be sure to have camera in hand. ;-)

>I hope we can meet again at a CP or a related conference. 

As do I. In fact, I hope it is at the ILOG Optimization Users' Group
meeting in Paris in October. :-)

Cheers,
--Fred

---

From: "Fred L. Garrett" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 23:40:37 -0500

Saleh,

> Just thought to check to see how you are doing. Been pretty busy
> and mostly out of town in the last few months that didn't get the
> chance to email.

Yep. I've been busy as well. This week I am in Denver. Last week I was in
California. The week before that in Paris. The THREE weeks before that in
Denver. I do get around.

The Users' Group Meeting was okay. It was interesting that this was the
first meeting with CPLEX users in attendance. Some of the presentations were
good, though some of them left you wondering which product (if any) was used
to solve their problem.

The best part of these meetings is mingling with the developers and with
other consultants and users one rarely sees.

Didn't see any of you at the meeting. And I had a video camera in addition
to my 35 mm and digital cameras! I was prepared for watching you guys dance!
And gathering a little Web page material. ;-)

--Fred