Subject: Re: [Re: Great Ecommerce Opportunity]

From: Dan Nagao <[email-masked]>
Date: 31 Jan 00 21:06:16 PST

Hi Saleh,

Unfortunately, KPMG does not have a specific job description for this area. 
The EBusiness group is currently rather small--approximately 200 people.  They
wish to expand this by 700 people this year.  In order to do this, they have
opportunities at all levels, from junior engineer to consultant to project
manager to architect.  The positions are either very technical or strategic. 
They require outstanding presentation skills along with excellent client
(customer service) skills.  The engagements will focus on B2B or B2C and they
will involve the leading edge technologies in ecommerce implementation.  KPMG
can use individuals at the front end (GUI), mid-tier or back-end (CORBA) of an
implementation.  Additionally, they seek difficult skill sets including
Broadvision, Orbix and XML along with the more standard C++, Java, Javascript
and RDBMS skills (Oracle).  So in essence, for the right talent, they will
find the right job.

You can visit their home site at www.kpmg.com.

Thanks for your reply and potential interest,
Dan

Saleh Elmohamed <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Hi Dan,
> 
> I'm now away from my office but will get a hold of you
> when I return. Can you please email (or point me to URL)
> full description(s) of the current position(s) you have. I'd
> be quite interested to take a look.
> 
> Thanks,
> Saleh
> 
> 
> 
> On 31 Jan 2000, Dan Nagao wrote:
> 
> > Dear Saleh,
> > 
> > My name is Dan Nagao and I am with an executive search firm that is
working
> > with KPMG to locate talented individuals to join their B2B/B2C ecommerce
> > practice.  I work with the Senior Manager and Practice Controller for
this
> > group and they have opportunities in San Francisco, Silicon Valley, Los
> > Angeles and Orange County (CA); however, this does not eliminate work
> > possibilities external to these areas.
> > 
> > KPMG is aggressively seeking consulting and web background individuals to
help
> > grow this strategic area.  They also offer some unique advantages over
the
> > other “Big 5” firms.  KPMG has applied for an IPO and the SEC is
currently
> > reviewing their application.  They expect to go public in the very near
> > future.  They also emphasize a more relaxed work atmosphere and “business
> > casual” is the norm over a business suit.  Lastly, KPMG stresses the
> > importance of a “balanced” lifestyle and while travel to the client site
is
> > necessary, they can be creative on minimizing this aspect of the job. 
> > Nevertheless, you must travel to the client site when necessary.
> > 
> > I’ll keep this brief as you may not have any interest in KPMG’s
opportunities.
> >  However, if you are interested, please either email me back (with your
> > resume) or call me at 650-404-5770.  I will get back to you promptly and
> > provide more details.  If you aren’t interested, thank you for taking time
to
> > read this message and I wish you the best of luck in your next endeavor.
> > 
> > Sincerely,
> > 
> > Dan Nagao
> > 
> >