Subject: To students who havn't linked their proposal to the homework page

From: "Zheng, Qiang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 12:31:57 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

Please email your proposal to:
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

Till now, I just found three of you linked the proposal.

Thank you.

Regards,

                                                 - Zheng, Qiang

---

From: "Zheng, Qiang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 12:41:39 -0400 (EDT)

If you've already linked. You don't need to send email. Thank you.

Regards,

                                                 - Zheng, Qiang

> Qiang:
> 
> I'm just checking ...
> 
> If we linked our proposal, we do not have to email?  Is that correct?

---

From: "Zheng, Qiang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 13:16:06 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, Vicent,

I just got your email. I think it is OK if you wanna compile and run your
code in IBM SP, VPL complains or even refuse to work when the number of
users increases. Sometims it is painful to wait for the result when it is
heavily loaded. About the problem of posting files, I'll look into it.

And I realized that many students are working full time in this class.
I'll consider that when grading the late homework. I noticed that your
first two home work were pretty good, so I was curious when I failed to
find your homework 3 and 4. 

As to your question about parallel FFT and `SIMD' FFT, I need to do more
research before I can give my opinion. Sorry. However I don't agree with
your using SIMD (Single instruction Multiple Data) in your approach of
solving FFT, SIMD means an architecture which has only one control unit,
but more than one processing elements(calculating), they execute same
instruction during the same clock cycle. I think you should address your
approach by SPMD (Single Program Multiple Data). It is also a kinda
parallel FFT.

Regards,

                                                 - Zheng, Qiang