Subject: Sun and NPAC

From: Geoffrey Fox <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 1998 09:32:20 -0400

I am please to note that with a combination of a CRPC hardware
project and a very generous donation from Sun we will be upgrading
NPAC core facilities with approximately $360K list price Sun
software and hardware. This will inter alia improve both our
distributing computing and base server (Oracle etc.) capabilities

Sun will also give us a donation which will support a student working
in Bryan Carpenter's team on JavaGrande

In summary new Sun equipment is:
Three Enterprise 450 servers:   
Two UltraSPARC 30             
One Ultra 2 Model 2200       
Six Ultra-10 workstation     
Memory upgrades  (X7003A) for  10 Ultrasparcs
Software:
      5x solaris for PC           
      Windows 95 for UltraSparc  
      HPC basic                 
      HPC LSF 3.0            
      HPC WorkShop 3.0         
      HPC PDE 1.0  

Geoffrey Fox  [email-masked],   http://www.npac.syr.edu 
Director of NPAC and Professor of Physics and Computer Science
Phone 3154432163 (Npac central 3154431723) Fax 3154434741