Subject: CCC5-R8994-138580

From: Career Central - Leads <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 16:37:40 -0700

Dear Dr. Elmohamed

We recently sent you a job opportunity regarding the position of Software
Developer- E-Commerce.  Unfortunately, time is running out, and we need to
forward the final set of resumes to the hiring company within forty-eight
hours.

Before we close the search and forward the final resumes, we want to check
in with you to see whether or not you are interested in pursuing the job
position. For your convenience, the original JobCast(R) e-mail text is
below.  Please respond as soon as possible.

Thanks!
The Staff at Cruel World

Career Central is now Cruel World.  Our universe is expanding. Evolve with
us.

We've found an exciting job opportunity that meets your criteria. The job
description and company profile follow below. Please check the appropriate
box and reply to us within 48 hours.
[  ] YES I'm interested. My résumé is attached.
[  ] NO I'm not interested, but keep me posted about future matches.

CCC5-R8994-138580

------------------------
  Job Description
------------------------

Title:  Software Developer- E-Commerce

Company: Charles River Associates

Location: Boston, MA

Company Description:

Charles River Associates is an economics, finance, and business consulting
firm serving clients worldwide. Founded in 1965, CRA has completed thousands
of projects for law firms, corporations, and government agencies from around
the world. CRA's Litigation and Regulation group provides economic and
financial analysis, expert testimony, and other support to clients involved
in legal or regulatory proceedings. Our Business Consulting group combines
expertise in microeconomics, technology, industries, and markets to assist
clients with business strategy, market assessment, and technology
assessment.

Position Description:  

Charles River Associates, a leading Economic and Business Consulting firm,
is building the architecture for government-to-business and
business-to-business applications in support of its consulting services. In
its first project the CRA Auction Practice has been engaged to develop an
application to host government-to-business asset auctions. The firm is
looking for Software Developers who have experience building e-commerce
enabled web sites, with strong database and software testing skills, and
track records delivering commercial-quality software on short development
cycles. We are looking for Software Developers to be responsible for
delivering important server components of a strategic server product using
cutting edge Web and Microsoft development tools in a key growth area for
the company.  Candidates will have demonstrable experience in:

·ASP design and implementation 
·A thorough knowledge of SQL Server stored procedure implementation 
·Object oriented design and development with VB or C++
·Programming to specifications in a client/server architecture including
distributed databases  and Internet interface design

Required Technical Skills

·3 years of development experience 
·Advanced knowledge in one or more of VB, C/C++, COM, or JAVA 
·In-depth knowledge Windows 9x & NT 
·Understanding of Source Code Control Systems 
·Ability to read and write technical documents 
·Solid background in Object-Oriented design and programming. 
·Proven track record in Internet hosted application development, experience
with full process of application development from requirements through
maintenance a must

·Hands on experience in the following tools or technologies: Windows NT,
IIS/ASP, SQL Server, MTS, COM/DCOM, Java, C++, Visual Basic,  Client/Server,
HTML, JavaScript, VBScript, XML,SSL
·DBMS application development using MS SQLServer over secure Internet
connections 
·Windows SDK Programming Experience 
·Custom Control Development Experience 
·OLE Programming 
·Software Test Experience

Required Project Management Skills

·Capable of performing with minimal supervision 
·Can quickly understand and exploit new technologies
·Strong teamwork skills

Background and Experience

·3-5 years of total development experience with at least 2 concentrating on
Internet technologies 
·Microsoft Certified Solution Developer or Equivalent
·Strong experience with and passion for Internet technology
·Network Programming Experience 
·Commercial Windows Application Development 
·Equivalent experience in a major IT consulting firm 
·BS in Computer Science with graduate degree preferred 
·Experience with software design concepts, practices, modern development
methodologies, and common architectures.
 
·	

To pursue this opportunity, just reply to this message within 48 hours.
Check the box [X] that corresponds to YES at the top of the message. Attach
your résumé in any Windows or Macintosh word processing format. And leave
the subject of the message as is, so we'll know which position you're
interested in.
If you're not interested, reply and check the box [X] that corresponds to NO
at the top of this message. Even if this position isn't the right fit,
responding lets us know you're still interested in receiving future JobCast
messages. You might also want to update your member profile to ensure that
we're sending you the best possible matches. 

If you run into problems attaching your résumé, e-mail us at
[email-masked] and tell us what e-mail program you're using. You can
also fax your résumé to 1-888-238-1652; be sure to include the job reference
number on your cover sheet.

Thanks. And best of luck following your path,
Your friendly guides at Cruel World. 

http://www.cruelworld.com
Work happily ever after. TM