Subject: VPL slow response and HW2 part 1

From: "Chiarito, Vincent P WES" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 17:19:11 -0600

What does the message mean when the window comes up after submitting an MPI
session: "Document contains no data, try again later or contact system
administrator"? 

 This is the message I got after waiting 6 minutes with just submitting the
helloworld.c for 2 processors (or 3, or 4 - I ran this code as a test to
make sure it wasn't something wrong with the code for HW).  It seems I've
been timed out - is that correct?  And, if so, how am I supposed to get HW
#2, part 1 completed if I am waiting for what seems to be simple use of the
machine?  I do not plan to stay up all night and just keep submitting jobs
until they run because of traffic without having some idea of the best times
to submit these jobs.  This has been a problem for the last three days.
Last week this was not a problem, but now it seems unpredictable for me at
this end of the internet highway.  I've been trying for the last two days
(and even using the helloworld.c example code shows this problem for more
than 1 processor).

> Vince Chiarito
> ERDC, Vicksburg, MS