Subject: JW Top 3 January articles, Second Code Masters Challenge, and News and New Product Briefs and more!

From: JavaWorld <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 21:09:09

J A V A W O R L D   A L E R T
                   JavaWorld -- Fueling Innovation!

             Get the Java TIPS, TOOLS, and TECHNOLOGIES at
                  http://www.javaworld.com?011000txt

==========================================================================

HIGHLIGHTS -- January 10, 2000

* Visit the TOP 3 most-read articles in our January issue
* The second CODE MASTER'S CHALLENGE is here!
* Check out the latest Java news in NEWS AND NEW PRODUCT BRIEFS
* Participate in the next SERVER-SIDE JAVA EVENT hosted by JGuru!

==========================================================================

Dear JavaWorld reader,

Our JANUARY MID-ISSUE UPDATE is ready for you to read! 
For the latest Java Tip, code challenge, Java news stories, and more, 
go to:

  http://www.javaworld.com/jw-01-2000/jw-01-toc.html?011000txt

READERS CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF JAVAWORLD'S JANUARY ISSUE

The JavaWorld editors ranked the most popular January articles,
based on readers' visits. Here are the TOP 3 must-reads:

1. "COVER STORY: XML APIs for databases" 
XML, because of its ability to separate content from presentation,
is fast becoming an industry standard for data exchange. This article 
presents a way to blend the power of a database with the features of 
XML. Resolve to read this article today!

  http://www.javaworld.com/jw-01-2000/jw-01-dbxml.html?011000txt

2. "Build an object database"
The authors of "Build an object database" show you how to construct an 
object database frontend. This frontend can automatically map between 
Java objects and records within a relational database. Begin
construction at:

  http://www.javaworld.com/jw-01-2000/jw-01-step.html?011000txt

3. "Java Tip 86: Support native rendering in JDK 1.3"
Already a reader favorite, Java Tip 86 is part of JavaWorld's mid-issue 
update, posted just this week. This tip helps you gain portability and 
a quicker development cycle, without sacrificing performance of native 
GUI code. Quick! Click this tip:

  http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/javatips/jw-javatip86.html

SECOND CODE MASTERS CHALLENGE IS HERE!

With the huge success of our first code challenge, JavaWorld and IBM 
now challenge you a second time. Can you build a Java utility that is
a visual development tool? Here's your chance to prove your 
programming prowess or submit your own challenge idea:

  http://www.javaworld.com/codemasters/index.html?011000txt

JAVA NEWS UNVEILS FREE JAVA 2, PERVASIVE ON SUN, 
J2EE BLUEPRINTS & MORE!

Dusan Palka delivers 25 informative news bits in the mid-issue 
update of NEWS AND NEW PRODUCT BRIEFS. Top stories include: 
Sun offers Java 2 for free; Pervasive now runs on Sun; Sun offers
BluePrints for J2EE; and more! Fill up on Java news at:

http://www.javaworld.com/jw-01-2000/jw-01-newsbriefs2.html?011000txt

PARTICIPATE IN JGURU'S SERVER-SIDE JAVA EVENT 
WITH ITS JW AUTHORS

Meet with the authors of the server-side Java series in January's
JavaWorld issue. Discuss "Use JDBC for industrial-strength performance,
Part 1" with author Lennart Jorelid, "One, two, three, or n tiers?" with
author Alex Chaffee, and "Create forward-compatible beans in EJB, Part 2"
with author Richard Monson-Haefel. The event is hosted by JGuru  at
11:00am PST on January 13th at:

 http://www.jguru.com/jguru/jwevent/jwRegister.jsp

Thanks for reading JavaWorld! 

      SPREAD THE WORD! Send this email to a friend, and spread
   the word about Java -- and JavaWorld, the leading Java magazine!
                    More than 200,000 readers

                 JavaWorld -- Fueling Innovation!
                http://www.javaworld.com?011000txt  

*************************** ADVERTISEMENT ***************************           
Looking for the fastest way to deploy Java Servlet- and JSP-
based Web applications? Insist on JRun, the leading Java
Servlet and JSP engine trusted by 80,000 developers. JRun
supports all major platforms, JVMs and Web servers.
Download your FREE 30-day evaluation copy today at
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;856741;2814936;t                                                                                                                          
*************************** READER SERVICE ***************************

Can Your Hiring Keep Up With Growth?   Your hiring solution starts 
with our audience.

ITworld.com attracts an extensive audience of intense talent. 
IT professionals naturally go to ITcareers.com to look for the best 
job opportunities, featured employers, and career management tools. 
Post your job description today and see quick results! We're fast, 
easy, and priced for value.  Find out more at http://www.Itcareers.com 
or forward this letter to your recruiting team.

Subscription Services
--------------------------------
You can subscribe or unsubscribe to any of your e-mail newsletters by
updating your form at:
http://www.itworld.com/itpostmaster/mailregister.html 

For subscription changes that cannot be handled via the web, 
please send an email to our customer service dept:  [email-masked]

JavaWorld is part of ITworld.com, the problem solving portal for 
IT professionals.
Copyright ITworld.com, Inc., 2000

Questions or comments?
--------------------------------
* For editorial comments, write Heidi Carson, Managing editor,
Newsletters at: [email-masked]
* For advertising information, write Dan Chupka, Account Executive at:
[email-masked]
* For all other inquiries, write Jodie Naze, Product Manager,
Newsletters at: [email-masked]