Subject: Re: eigenvalue computation software with java

From: Roldan Pozo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 21:16:02 -0400

Jianbo Wang wrote:

> Sorry to interrupt you, I am really in trouble now. Would you plese tell me
> where can I find the software  or package for Matrix eigenvalue computation
> with Java?

Some references to Java linear algebra libraries can be found at
the Java Numerics web site: "http://www.math.nist.gov/javanumerics".

In addition, The Mathworks and NIST are working together on a (linear
algebra) Matrix package which includes eigenvalue computations, together
with basic factorizations (LU, Cholesky, QR, and SVD).  This work is
being developed in conjunction with the standardization efforts of
the Java Numerics group with the goal to help form foundation APIs
for scientific and engineering applications.

Regards,
Roldan
--
    Roldan Pozo
    Co-chair, Java Numerics Group
    http://www.math.nist.gov/pozo