Subject: Research Position at Fujitsu European Centre

From: "David E. Bernholdt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 13:45:14 -0500

------- Forwarded Message

From: Cliff Addison <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 12:59:52 +0000
Subject: Research Position at Fujitsu European Centre

The Fujitsu European Centre for Information Technology (FECIT) is a
multidisciplinary centre with an emphasis on obtaining optimal performance
in computationally critical applications from the scientific and technical
computing arena. FECIT is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fujitsu Limited, Japan.

FECIT has the following position available with an immediate start date:

Computational Scientist: Applicants should have a PhD in Computational
Mathematics or an allied subject with a proven research record. We are
particularly interested in individuals with experience in writing high
performance scientific software on SMP-cluster systems. A good knowledge of
Fortran and experience with OpenMP and MPI would be definite assets. The
main project associated with this position concerns the development of
product-grade parallel software for dense linear algebra and FFTs using
OpenMP.  However it is expected that the applicant would also contribute
to other R&D activities going on at FECIT. 

In addition to the scalable mathematics library project, current projects
at FECIT relate to performance modelling and optimisation and to the
assessment and design of development environments to support parallel
programming. Application projects include work in computational chemistry,
multiphysics modelling and finanical engineering.

The salary for this position will be in the range of 22,000 to 30,000 pounds,
depending on qualification. The benefits package includes 25 days annual
holiday, a pension scheme, private health insurance, death in services
benefits, subsidized Health Club fees and subsidized canteen facilities.

FECIT's web site is www.fecit.co.uk. Interested applicants should sent their
CV's to Mrs. E. Davis, FECIT, 2 Longwalk Road, Stockley Park, Uxbridge
UB11 1AB, UK.  Her E-mail is [email-masked]. Further details about the
position can be obtained from Dr. Cliff Addison, [email-masked].

------- End of Forwarded Message