Subject: Multiple Objective MetaHeuristics special session

From: xavier gandibleux <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 14:17:35 +0100

Dear Colleague,

We would like to invite you to participate in the special 
session on "Multiple Objective MetaHeuristics" to be held 
during XV-th International Conference on Multiple Criteria
Decision Making, Ankara, Turkey, July 10-14, 2000.

With best regards,
 Xavier Gandibleux and Andrzej Jaszkiewicz

P.S. We would be obliged if you could pass this mail to 
     other persons that could be interested. 
     Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this email.

----------------------------------------------------------------
 XV-th International Conference on 
 Multiple Criteria Decision Making
 http://mcdm2000.ie.metu.edu.tr/

 Special session on
 Multiple Objective MetaHeuristics
 http://www.univ-valenciennes.fr/ROAD/MOMH_MCDM.html
 http://www-idss.cs.put.poznan.pl/~jaszkiewicz/momh.html

 CALL FOR PAPERS

 Organizers:
 Xavier GANDIBLEUX              Andrzej JASZKIEWICZ
 LAMIH-ROAD / UMR CNRS 8530     Institute of Computing Sciences
 Universite de Valenciennes     Poznan University of Technology
 Le Mont Houy                   ul. Piotrowo 3a
 F-59313 Valenciennes Cedex 9   60-965 Poznan
 FRANCE	                  POLAND

 Xavier.Gandibleux              jaszkiewicz
    @univ-valenciennes.fr          @cs.put.poznan.pl       
                                 
 www.univ-valenciennes.fr        www-idss.cs.put.poznan.pl
    /ROAD/XavierG.html             /~jaszkiewicz

Theme and purpose
Most real-life problems require taking into account several 
conflicting points of view corresponding to multiple objectives.
Furthermore, realistic modeling of the real life problems
requires taking into account their non-linear and discrete
character. Thus, in the recent years, we are observing growing
interest in computationally hard multiple objective
optimization problems, e.g. strongly non-linear multiple 
objective optimization problems and hard multiple objective 
combinatorial optimization problems. The use of metaheuristics, 
e.g. genetic algorithm, tabu search or simulated annealing, 
seems to be the most promising approach to such problems 
because of their efficiency, generality and relative simplicity
of implementation.

The aim of the special session is to bring together researchers 
working in the field of multiple objective metaheuristics for
discussion including (but not limited to) the following topics:

* methodology of metaheuristics applied to multiple objective 
  optimization problems,
* real-life applications of multiple objective metaheuristics 
  and case studies,
* well designed experiments with multiple objective 
  metaheuristics,
* theoretical aspects of multiple objective metaheuristics, e.g.
  evaluations of efficiency and quality of results, convergence, 
  guidelines for experiments.

Submission Procedure
According the conference submission procedure, intending 
contributors should submit abstracts not exceeding 200 words. 
The authors' names, addresses, telephone numbers, and e-mails 
should be listed starting with the presenting author. 
Electronic submission through e-mail is strongly preferred 
(RTF format).

Deadlines
* Abstract submission: February 20, 2000
* Notification of acceptance: April 10, 2000
* Final registration: May 15, 2000

                                 * * * * *

  Xavier GANDIBLEUX
  LAMIH - ROAD -- UMR CNRS 8530
  Universite de Valenciennes
  Bureau 124 - Batiment Jonas
  Campus Le Mont Houy - BP311
  F-59304 Valenciennes cedex - FRANCE
  Tel    : +33 (0)3 27 51 14 72  ( ! new number ! )
  Fax    : +33 (0)3 27 51 11 83  ( ! new number ! )
  E-mail : [email-masked]