Subject: Use JavaBeans to process XML, learn about Jini's JavaSpaces in new series, check out JW's new Net News, and more!

From: [email-masked] (JavaWorld Editor-in-Chief)
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 99 17:02:14 EST

J A V A W O R L D   A L E R T
                   JavaWorld -- Fueling Innovation!

             Get the Java TIPS, TOOLS, and TECHNOLOGIES at
                  http://www.javaworld.com?110199txt

=========================================================================

HIGHLIGHTS -- November 1, 1999

* Learn how to use IBM's XML Bean Suite to process XML
* Design bug-free JavaBeans for safe interoperability with your apps
* Get the skinny on Jini's JavaSpaces coordination service
* JW's Net News section has been redesigned. Check it out!

=========================================================================

Dear JavaWorld reader,

Haven't had a chance to read the latest issue of JavaWorld yet? No
worries! The NOVEMBER ISSUE is still waiting for you at:

  http://www.javaworld.com/jw-11-1999/jw-11-toc.html?110199txt

LEARN HOW TO PROCESS XML WITH INTERCONNECTED JAVABEANS

In Mark Johnson's latest JAVABEANS column you'll learn how to use IBM's
XML Bean Suite to interconnect JavaBeans to process XML. Mark's "Process
XML with JavaBeans, Part 1," shows you how to not merely create JavaBeans,
but how to use them in real world applications. If you use beans and XML,
you must read:

  http://www.javaworld.com/jw-11-1999/jw-11-beans.html?110199txt

DESIGN BUG-FREE JAVABEANS TO AVOID THOSE POUNDING HEADACHES

In his "Make a clean sweep with clean beans," Philippe Kaplan outlines
important design rules to keep your beans bug-free, ensuring that your
beans smoothly interoperate with your applications. If you enjoy doing
things right the first time, read:

  http://www.javaworld.com/jw-11-1999/jw-11-cleanbeans.html?110199txt

NEW SERIES EXAMINES JINI'S JAVASPACES COORDINATION SERVICE

In a new JINIOLOGY series, Eric Freeman and Susanne Hupfer outline Jini's
simple, yet powerful JavaSpaces network and distributed programming tool.
If you develop for Jini devices, you'll want to read "Make room for
JavaSpaces, Part 1":

  http://www.javaworld.com/jw-11-1999/jw-11-jiniology.html?110199txt

CHECK OUT JW'S REDESIGNED NET NEWS SECTION

You asked for up-to-the-minute Java news; JavaWorld delivers. Based on
reader feedback, we've redesigned our NET NEWS section by placing it
directly on the home page, expanding the coverage, and increasing the
updates to three-times per business day. We've even added short
descriptions to give you a better idea of the Java news you'll find. So,
for the new and improved way to get the best Java news from around the
World Wide Web, look for NET NEWS on the JW homepage:

  http://www.javaworld.com?110199txt

Thanks for reading JavaWorld!

      SPREAD THE WORD! Send this e-mail to a friend, and spread
   the word about Java -- and JavaWorld, the leading Java magazine!
                    More than 200,000 readers

                 JavaWorld -- Fueling Innovation!
                     http://www.javaworld.com?110199txt

      JavaWorld is part of IDG.net, the IDG Online Network.
      IT All Starts Here: http://www.idg.net

***************************ADVERTISEMENT**********************************

IBM launches developerWorks, a new HOT online resource for developers.
Focused on open standards and cross-platform development, developerWorks
offers FREE tools, code, and tips for Java, XML, Linux, Security, Web,
Open Source, and Unicode. Great Java content, including Jikes Java
compiler, JDK white papers, jCentral Search Engine, and much more.

  http://www.ibm.com/developer/?loc=007,t=nl,p=jw

***************************JW BOOKSTORE FEATURE TITLE*********************

"Professional Java Server Programming" by Andrew Patzer

The latest trend in Web development has been to lighten the load on the
client and move all of the processing to the more powerful Web server.
This not only increases application performance but also helps to ensure
that the application is browser independent.

  http://www1.fatbrain.com/partners/javaworld/home.asp

***************************JW Training Services***************************

Now available from jGuru.com, live, instructor-led, Web-based Java
technology training -- any time, anywhere. From custom training to public
classes, you'll find online courses on the latest Java technologies.
All from your own home or office, through a Web connection and telephone
line. For schedules and sign-up information, see:

  http://seminars.jguru.com

**************************************************************************

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
To stop receiving such messages, send email to [email-masked]
with a subject field of:

UNSUB javaworld [email-masked] jw1903

Distribution, database maintenance and response management
by The Email Channel, Inc. For more information, send e-mail 
to [email-masked]
---------------------------------------------------------------------