Subject: Job Opportunities

From: Geoffrey Fox <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 17:53:15 -0400

Geoffrey Fox  [email-masked] [email-masked]
Phones Cell 315-254-6387  Syracuse Office 315-443-2163 FSU Office 850-644-4587

------- Forwarded Message

Date:    Fri, 21 Apr 2000 14:46:04 -0500
From:    "Dave Kuck" <[email-masked]>
To:      <[email-masked]>
Subject: KAI News

Hi Geoff,

We have had lots of excitement at KAI recently. I would appreciate any
help you can give with possible student hiring opportunities. As you may
know, Intel announced plans to acquire KAI (press release is attached)
and we signed a major contract with DOE ASCI for parallel performance tools.

Independently of this news, KAI continues to be a leader in developing new
parallel tools and C++ uniprocessor compiler technology. A quick scan of our
web site (www.kai.com) gives a good overview of what’s happening at KAI.

To meet future needs we are hiring people at all degree levels for compiler
and tool development, as well as parallel applications programmers. I would
appreciate any help you can give us and would be happy to hear directly from
students you may direct this to.

KAI-Intel will offer the advantage of working for one of the world’s leading
technology companies, in a Midwestern university town. First-time job
seekers may find our low cost of living, short commutes and small town
atmosphere attractive.

We are making travel plans for now and next fall, and would be happy to stop
by and give a technical talk if you think it would help with recruiting.

Hope everything is going well with you,
Best wishes,
Dave

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Intel Corporation
2200 Mission College Blvd.
P.O. Box 58119
Santa Clara, CA 95052-8119

 					News Release

CONTACT:	Chuck Mulloy
		(408) 765-3484
		[email-masked]

INTEL TO ACQUIRE KUCK & ASSOCIATES

Acquisition Expands Intel’s Capabilities in Software
Development Tools for Multiprocessor Computing

SANTA CLARA, Calif., April 6, 2000 – Intel Corporation today announced it
has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire privately held Kuck &
Associates, Inc. (KAI) for an undisclosed cash amount.
KAI is a leading provider of performance-oriented compilers and programming
tools used in the development of multithreaded applications.  The
acquisition is designed to expand Intel’s development tool offerings and
accelerate the trend toward multiprocessor computing.
“Advances in Intel processor technology are broadening the opportunity for
cost-effective multiprocessor computing,” said Richard Wirt, Intel Fellow
and general manager of Intel’s Microcomputer Software Lab. “Increasingly,
software developers are looking to harness multiprocessing as a way to
improve application performance.  This acquisition will provide developers
with the tools they need to simplify the development of portable,
multithreaded applications.”
“The combination of Intel and Kuck will allow KAI's proven, cross-platform
technology to expand in usefulness and reach more ISVs,” said David Kuck,
chairman and chief executive officer of KAI. “We are pleased to be joining
Intel and taking a leading role in advancing parallelism and C++ tools for
application developers.”
Intel and KAI are leaders in the development of OpenMP™, the industry
standard for multithreaded software development.  Multithreaded applications
enable more efficient computing by spreading application workloads over
multiple CPUs.  Intel and KAI are founding members of the OpenMP
Architecture Review Board, responsible for the evolution of the OpenMP
specification.  The combined product offering will provide a complete set of
development tools and runtime environment for OpenMP users, including
building blocks for other vendors interested in offering OpenMP development
tools.
The acquisition is subject to customary closing conditions and is expected
to become final in 30 days or less.  Upon closing, KAI will become a wholly
owned subsidiary of Intel.  David Kuck will join Intel as a general manager
within Intel’s Microprocessor Products Group.
Intel offers a line of software development tools.  More information on
these tools is available at http://developer.intel.com/vtune.
Founded in 1979, Kuck & Associates, Inc. is a worldwide leader in the
development of parallel software engineering tools and compiler technology.
Headquartered in Champaign, Ill., the company offers a range of products
that improve the productivity of software developers in the high performance
computing market. For more information about KAI and its products, please
visit http://www.kai.com.
Intel, the world’s largest chip maker, is also a leading manufacturer of
computer, networking and communications products. Additional information
about Intel is available at www.intel.com/pressroom.
—30—

* Third party marks and brands are property of their respective holders.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++

              Kuck & Associates Job Opportunities

Kuck & Associates, in Champaign, IL, has immediate openings for
experienced programmers at all levels, including BS, MS, and PhD
graduates.

Opportunities exist in both of KAI's major product lines, KCC, the
state of the art C++ compiler, and the KAP/Pro Toolset, the
innovative tools set for parallel computing.

Some examples of positions include:

 * Analysis and optimization of object-oriented languages such as C++ and
Java

 * Development of the graphical user interface for the KAP/Pro toolset
   and the KAI C++ debugger

 * Performance enhancements and optimizations for parallel runtime
   libraries for shared memory parallelism

 * Extending the KAP/Pro tools to cover distributed memory and networked
   computing

 * Participation on the OpenMP review board to define future
   enhancements for the OpenMP standard

 * Integration of KAI front ends with leading industry back ends

 * Integration of KAI object-oriented optimizations with backend
   machine-specific optimizations

 * Integration of KAI tools with tools from other leading
   software vendors.

 * Object oriented applications programming and performance tuning.

 * Parallel applications programming and performance tuning.

For further information on KAI and KAI's products, see our web
page at http://www.kai.com.

For further information, contact Joe Throop([email-masked]).

KAI is an equal opportunity employer.

Kuck & Associates,
1906 Fox Drive
Champaign, IL 61820-7345
217-356-2288

------- End of Forwarded Message