From: Adoptions Account <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 16:01:35 -0800 (PST)

O'REILLY ACADEMIC AND TEXT ADOPTION POLICY

Effective  February 1999

Thank you for your interest in evaluating O'Reilly books for classroom use.
Please take a moment to read this automatic-response. It confirms we have
received your request and also attempts to answer the most frequently asked
questions about classroom use of O'Reilly books.

Educators in North America may request up to 2 examination copies per
course per semester at no charge. Examination and desk copies are subject
to the approval of the Academic Sales Manager. Books will be sent via
ground shipping to a university or school street address. Please allow
2-4 weeks for delivery.  O'Reilly Software Products are excluded from
the Academic Policy.

Submit requests using the O'Reilly online request form at:

http://www.oreilly.com/sales/edu

or by sending it in writing on Department Letterhead via FAX or US Mail.
At the end of this message is complete contact information. If using the
online form, be sure to include a URL or contact information which confirms
your position as a professor as O'Reilly cannot accept a request filled out
by a student for complimentary books. Requests with complete information
are processed first.

Please also provide short descriptive information about the course(s)
the book is being evaluated for, expected enrollment for each course,
and complete contact information (School Address, email, phone, office
hours, etc.). Fill in the Adoption Decision Date, whether an individual
or committee will make the decision, and if possible, the current text
used in the course. 

Desk copies are also complimentary upon notification of adoption.
Please note the course, enrollment, and your contact at the campus
bookstore. Submit these requests via the online form at

http://www.oreilly.com/sales/edu

or in writing on Department Letterhead via FAX or US Mail.

All Examination and Desk copies are not for resale.

O'Reilly is very interested in learning more about the classroom use of
our books. If your school has a campus computing club (ACM, IEEE, etc.)
we'd love to know about it, too.

Additional titles requested over and above the 2 books per course are
available for purchase at an Academic Discount of 30%. To be eligible
for the Academic Discount, we must have either credit card information
or a Department Purchase Order and the code E9TC with your request.

O'Reilly would be interested in learning about any plans you might have
for writing technical books. Please submit these to [email-masked].

Examination copy requests for The Whole Internet User's Guide & Catalog,
Academic Edition, should be directed to Wadsworth Publishing Company:

http://www.wadsworth.com

Thank you again for interest in books from O'Reilly.

ACADEMIC SALES CONTACT INFORMATION  (Examination and Desk Copy Requests)
Kerri Bonasch, Special Sales Manager
Email: [email-masked]
Phone: 800-998-0999 FAX:    314-752-3882

TEXTBOOK ORDER INFORMATION
Linda Holder, O'Reilly Special Sales Customer Service
Email: [email-masked]
Phone: 800-998-9938 FAX:  707-829-0104