Subject: httpd on osprey5

From: Mark Natoli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 14:12:03 -0400 (EDT)

Saleh,

  I was checking processes on osprey5 and saw your httpd running.  osprey5
is an experimental Solaris 7 machine.  Besides systems staff you are the
only one allowed to log in because you expressed interest in Solaris 7.
  However, since this machine is considered experimental I use it for
testing a number of things and I need to reboot w/o notice.  Therefore
please do not run any httpd services there unless you are just testing it
out.

-Mark

---

From: Mark Natoli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 14:27:55 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 2 Aug 1999, Saleh Elmohamed wrote:

> I'll need to run it somewhere, preferrably on a Solaris
> env. can you please tell me where?

  What is the reason for running this server?  What is the content?  Does
it use up a lot of process time or memory?  Is it registered?  How long
does this need to be running?
  It certainly should be run out from local disk on whatever machine it
resides because when remotely mounted nfs disks become filled with log
files everything comes to a halt for everyone.

-Mark