Subject: mira access

From: Mark Natoli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 13:57:26 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

  Can you please write up a desciption of the task that you are doing
which requires access to mira so that I can give you access?

-Mark

---

From: Saleh Elmohamed <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 14:02:56 -0500

Hi,

Reason(s) for accessing mira:

I put together a thin-client multitiered application example,
accepting user input through an html form that invokes a servlet. The
servlet uses JNDI (java naming and directory interface) to look up a
session Bean to perform a calculation. The servlet returns the calculation
value to the end user in an html page.
This example is a thin-client because the servlet doesn't execute any
business logic. The simple calculation is performed by a session bean
executing on an app server. So, the client is thin because it doesn't
handle the processing; the session bean does.
The thin-client server is the first tier in this multitier example, and
the app server is the second tier. Multitier or three-tier architecture
extends the standard two-tier client and server model by placing a
multithreaded application server between the client and database.

So, graphically, it looks something like this:

[Browser]----| 
             |----[Tier 1: Thin-client servlet]
          Network           |
                    Network |
                            |----[Tier 2: Enterprise Beans Application
                                          Server]
                                          |
                                  Network |
                                          |----[Tier 3: Database Server]
 
Anyway, that is the application example I have. I'm now adapting it to
use XML.

-Saleh

---

From: Mark Natoli <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 11:20:18 -0500 (EST)

> Anyway, that is the application example I have. I'm now adapting it to

  So what unique service does mira provide that your application requires?

-Mark