Subject: Re: hi

From: Jay E Cross <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 98 18:10:25 EDT

Hi Professor Elmohamed,

	Thank you.  Better late than never.

	I am interested in you paper on course scheduling because
of its discussion of simulated annealing techniques.  My friends
and I hired a computer scientist this summer to write a program
that solves the problems discussed in the paper I sent you, 
problems that we have recently named the voting and machiavellian 
problems.  The program presently performs an exhaustive search 
for all possible solutions to these network problems and identifies 
the ones that satisfy the equilibria (Nash) criterion.  As you might
expect, however, as the size of the network grows, so does the
time it takes to identify the equilibria.  Engineers have advised
us to look to annealing teachniques as possible ways of speeding up 
the program.  

	I look forward to reading your paper.

Sincerely,
Jay Cross