Subject: Please suggest

From: Geoffrey Fox <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 1999 20:59:40 -0500

Geoffrey Fox  [email-masked],   http://www.npac.syr.edu 
Director of NPAC and Professor of Physics and Computer Science
Phone 3154432163 (Npac central 3154431723) Fax 3154434741

------- Forwarded Message

Date:    Thu, 01 Apr 1999 14:52:05 +0000
From:    "George K. Thiruvathukal" <[email-masked]>
To:      [email-masked]
Subject: CFP: Community Research Links on javagrande.org

Hello Everyone:

I am planning a complete sweep of the javagrande.org web site over the
next two days now that I am on a 2nd Spring break here at Loyola. To
those of you who sent me comments already, I will be incorporating your
suggestions as part of this activity.

In looking at the site, a key area where improvement is needed is the
community research section. There is basically nothing there. I would
like to do something about this by starting with current
JGF "members" and then issue a call to the Java for CSE list to learn of
other projects (the idea being that those not connected are more likely
to be interested in contributing if they sense we are an active group).

If you wish to include your project on the community research page,
please provide the following to me, preferably as ASCII text or an HTML
page with <H1> tags representing each required item below:

1. Title (<= 20 words)

2. Abstract (<= 250 words) - This text will be copied to a page under
javagrande.org control. It may be changed later by request.

3. A list of URL's to key papers. You can provide this information as a
list:
    Bibliographic Entry - Link to PS version (required), PDF version
(optional), and HTML version (optional)
    ...

4. Principal Investigator(s) and/or Key Contacts

5. Project's Main Web Page

Note: Because my time is very limited at present, it is important to me
that you adhere to the above format. I welcome suggestions for doing it
better; however, I want to get the community research page posted within
the next few days.

If you are sipping on that morning cup of coffee (or evening tea for our
overseas friends) right now and wondering what you can do that does not
cause too much stress, why not take 15 minutes and gather the above
information to promote your research and to help make our Java Grande
web page even better?

Thanks kindly,

George K. Thiruvathukal
Java Grande Forum Secretary

------- End of Forwarded Message