Subject: HPC - rpcbind

From: Mark Natoli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 08:34:34 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

  I received your e-mail message which contained updated licensing
information for NPAC at SU.  Thank you.
  I am looking for some information about the installation of HPC 2.0 so
far I have not been able to get it to work. 

The errors I am receiving now are this:

# hostname
osprey1.npac.syr.edu
# /etc/init.d/rte.master start
Starting RTE tm.rdb
tm.rdb: The daemon should run on osprey1.npac.syr.edu

Starting RTE tm.mpmd
Starting RTE tm.watchd

  I am running this on osprey1.npac.syr.edu.  I was wondering if this
could be related to an installation of secure rpcbind on this machine.  I
also receive this message below.

# /etc/init.d/rte.master reboot
Saving RTE tm.rdb data
tmadmin: osprey1.npac.syr.edu: Can't connect to server:  RPC: Program not 
registered

  I worked on the licensing issue, and I believe the licenses are running.
Sun support told me that demo licenses cannot be run by lmgrd, so each
node has to contain the license in this file:
/opt/SUNWspro/licnese_dir/sunpro.lic,node

  Thank you very much for any help you can provide.

Mark Natoli
Systems and Network Administrator
Northeast Parallel Architectures Center, Syracuse University
[email-masked]   ph. 315.443.2021