Subject: NPAC Transition Plan

From: "David E. Bernholdt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2000 16:57:31 -0500

[Nancy, I can't find everyone's email.  Please distribute to everyone
I missed.  Thanks.]

Hello,

After he announced his plans to move to Florida State, Geoffrey asked
me to help him formulate and oversee a "transition plan" to insure
that the move is handled as smoothly as possible both for all NPACers
and for our sponsors.

We have spent many hours trying to assess how best to meet our
sponsors' needs and how best to accomodate the choices people will be
making to stay, to move to Florida, or to do something completely
different.  I'm sorry that time does not permit me to sit down and
talk with each of you individually about the plan, but as we're
already well into January, I thought it better to get this out.

Most of you will not see a tremendous change in what you're working
on.  Though we do expect to curtail some of the more "speculative"
projects (those not directly assosicated with contract deliverables)
until we see how things are going.  However many of you will see some
change in who you're reporting to.  In order to insure that everything
stays "on the rails" during this critical time, Geoffrey and I will be
more directly involved in oversight of the work.  The Project Leaders
you've reported to in the past will be acting in a consultative
capacity on these projects, but it is important that you are
ultimately responsible to the _new_ Project Lead and should keep them
informed of your progress.

We've classified work in NPAC in to several large "projects" so that
we can keep things straight.  Within that we've tried to assign people
to specific tasks.  Note that most people are at this moment asigned
to a specific project for their full available time, but some are on
several projects.  Probably these assignments will be refined over
time, but for now please use them as guidance on what you should be
working on.

If you have any questions, please contact me or Geoffrey.

-----------------------
CPS COURSES & MATERIALS		PROJECT LEAD: Nancy McCracken
-----------------------

Qiang Zheng		100%	CPS 615 TA, Testing of applets
Pallicara Shrideep	100%	CD-ROM
Ozgur Balsoy		100%	NJM TA
Anusha Shankar		100%	NJM TA
Gurhan ?		100%	NJM TA
To be determined		NJM TA
Mehmet Sen		100%	Escaping
Saleh Elmohammed	min	VPL setup & training Qiang Zhang

Notes:

Zheng should work with Dongmin Kim to test applets for use in CPS615:
Cornell applets, physics applets, etc

--
David E. Bernholdt                      | Email:  [email-masked]
Northeast Parallel Architectures Center | Phone:  +1 315 443 3857
111 College Place, Syracuse University  | Fax:    +1 315 443 1973
Syracuse, NY 13244-4100                 | URL:    http://www.npac.syr.edu