Subject: Tango and Science Education, etc.

From: Saleh Elmohamed <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 18:29:12 -0400

Geoffrey,

As we mentioned, I'd like few comments on this subject...
More or less a starting point or a promising line of
investigation with Tango on one hand and scientific/engineering
concepts/methods on the other. That is, how one set of tools
which in this case Tango can be used or exploited to the 
benefits of the other.

Also, how this collaboratory system - and/or extensions of it -
can be properly used, if possible, as a computational vehicle 
in a distributed/parallel fashion ... 

I'd imagine collaborative systems can be made or extended to take
advantage or its various hardware/software localities to act on each as
a computational problem solver as well as a collabortive tool ...

Anyway, I appreciate your insightful comments or any interesting
suggestion(s) on these topics.

-Saleh

---

From: Geoffrey Fox <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 21:04:41 -0400

So http://www.phy.syr.edu/courses/PHY307/ is Catterall
Idea is this
Tango and Java Applets  offer new approaches to education
with interactive education as a collaboration tween teacher
and student
Your CFD applet is one such
We can do other types in computer science
eg Sorting algorithms
We can write a paper describibg technical issues
What is involved in porting to Tango and
educational issues -- what new things can one do

 Reply by Geoffrey Fox [email-masked], http://www.npac.syr.edu,
          Phone 3154432163(3154431723 npac central) Fax:3154434741