Subject: REMINDER

From: "Hussain Saleh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 18:12:22 GMT0BST

<flushboth>Dear Friends and Colleagues,</flushboth>

****Apologies if you subscribe to multiple lists and so receive multiple copies of this posting ****

*****PLEASE DO NOT HIT THE REPLY BUTTON! PLEASE REPLY TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS GIVEN 
BELOW.*******

<flushboth> {{{{{{{{{{Please pass on to anyone who may be interested:}}}}}}}</flushboth>

<flushboth> </flushboth>

<flushboth>     *****the deadline for booking for YOR11(The Eleventh Young Operational Research Conference) </flushboth>

<flushboth>                                                                       is FRIDAY NOVEMBER 19th*****</flushboth>

<flushboth>                     contact "Chris Barrett" <<[email-masked]></flushboth>

<flushboth>=======================================================================</flushboth>

<flushboth>    ******the deadline for booking for AJSE (Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering) </flushboth>

<flushboth>                                                                                is TUESDAY  NOVEMBER 30th 1999****</flushboth>

<flushboth>                           contact "<color><param>0000,0000,8000</param>Sadiq Sait M" <<[email-masked]></flushboth>

<flushboth>=======================================================================</flushboth>

<flushboth>=======================================================================</color></flushboth>

<bold><bigger><bigger>YOUNG OR CONFERENCE, YOR11</bold><smaller><smaller>

Calling all young practitioners and researchers! Planning is now under way

for the next Young OR Conference, YOR 11, which is to be held at

Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge, from 28th -30th March 2000. 

The bi-annual Young OR conference is an event where OR practitioners and

academics in their first ten years gather to exchange ideas of latest

developments in techniques, and share experiences of the application of

the techniques and skills so vital to solving key business problems. If

you have been involved in OR for 10 years or less, this is an ideal

opportunity for you to get talking, sharing and making contacts.

The conference is divided into a number of streams covering a diverse

range of OR interests, such as:

        - Data Mining

        - Defence/Military

        - Health

        - Knowledge Based Systems

        - Meta Heuristics

        - Optimisation

        - System Dynamics/Soft OR

        - Telecommunications

To present your work here, all that you need to do is to submit a 200-word

abstract of your work to the organiser of the stream you would like to

present in.

A number of additional streams are being set up, including:

        - Consultancy

        - Decision Support

        - Finance & Banking

        - Government/Public Sector

        - Logistics     

        - Planning & Scheduling

        - Retail & Yield Management

        - Risk Management

        - Simulation

        - Transport

        - Visualisation

If anyone would like to get involved in running a stream, then please let

us know. It's a rewarding task, looks good on your CV, and involves

finding a number of speakers to present at your stream and chairing them.

In addition, you can find up-to-date details about the conference and

the stream organisers on the OR Society's web pages: 

<underline><color><param>0000,8000,0000</param>http://www.orsoc.org.uk/.

</underline></color>For enquires about all of the above, or to locate your stream organiser,

please contact Chris Barrett <<<underline><color><param>0000,8000,0000</param>[email-masked]</underline></color>>.

=======================================================

=======================================================

            <bold><bigger><bigger>    AJSE (Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering) </bold><smaller><smaller>

                    OPTIMIZATION THEORY AND APPLICATIONS

               CALL FOR PAPERS FOR THEME ISSUE OF THE AJSE

                          AREAS OF INTEREST

The Editorial Board of the Arabian Journal of Science and Engineering

(AJSE) plans to publish, in June 2000, a Theme Issue in Optimization

Theory and Applications. The AJSE hopes to bring together in a single

issue research papers that represent the state of the art in this vast and

rapidly growing area. The scope of this theme issue encompasses, but is

not limited to, the following areas:

Linear programming		

Nonsmooth optimization		

LCP

Interior and exterior methods		

Nonconvex programming	

Variational inequalities

Quadratic programming		

Semidefinite programming	

Heuristic-based optimization	

Large scale optimization	

Integer and combinatorial optimization		

Industrial applications

Stochastic programming

GUEST EDITORS

Professor Katta G. Murty Department of Industrial and Operations

Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI

Professor Hanif D. Sherali Department of Industrial and Systems

Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University,

Blacksburg, VA

TECHNICAL EDITORS

Dr. Maamar Bettayeb,	Department of Electrical Engineering, KFUPM

Dr. Sadiq M. Sait,	Department of Computer Engineering, KFUPM

Dr. Shokri Z. Selim,	Department of Systems Engineering, KFUPM

Dr. Habib Youssef,	Department of Computer Engineering, KFUPM

PUBLICATION SCHEDULE

Deadline for submission of manuscripts:	30 November 1999

Notification of acceptance of papers:	29 February 2000

Publication of the theme issue:	           June 2000

NOTE TO AUTHORS

Four copies of the manuscript should be submitted to:

Professor Harry A. Mavromatis, Managing Editor

The Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering

King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals

KFUPM Box 5033

Dhahran 31261, Saudi Arabia

Telephone:	(+966) 3 860-5418

Fax:	(+966) 3 860-5458

e-mail:	<underline><color><param>0000,8000,0000</param>[email-masked]

</underline></color>Authors may obtain details of the format and style adopted by the AJSE

either by referring to previous issues or by contacting the Managing

Editor at the above address

=========================================================

Many thanks for your 

<flushboth>                           <color><param>0100,0100,0100</param></flushboth>