Subject: A Customer Service Message for ITworld.com Subscribers

From: ITworld Newsletters <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 13:09:09

Dear Subscriber: 

As you may know, ITworld.com is the new publisher of your 
newsletter(s). At this time, we'd like to introduce ourselves and
review some changes that may have occurred with your subscription
recently. ITworld.com is a new network of web sites within 
International Data Group (IDG),  the largest publisher of IT related
information around the world. Our mission is to be the premier
problem-solving resource for enterprise IT professionals.  

When ITworld.com was formed in October 1999, several smaller IDG 
companies became a part of our organization, specifically: LinuxWorld,
JavaWorld, Solutions Integrator, and SunWorld. These rich, reliable
sources are now wholly owned by ITworld.com. You may have also noticed
that some TipWorld (also an IDG company) newsletters were transferred
into ITworld.com.  As part of our desire to offer the most concise set
of newsletters possible, some of these titles were changed or merged 
due to their similar editorial content. 

We'd like to assure you that all of these subscriber lists are owned by
IDG. None of the data has passed hands to any external organization. 
In fact, ITworld.com has adopted a privacy policy which meets or
exceeds industry standards and ensures that our subscriber's data is
protected. We are also working toward having this policy reviewed for
certification by a nonprofit organization called Truste, and we invite
you to review it: 

http://www2.itworld.com/CDA/ITW_Privacy_Policy

As a further commitment to ensure that your privacy is protected, we've
recently adopted a two-step confirmation process that requires email 
recipients to confirm their newsletter subscription to prevent you from
being subscribed unknowingly. We have also added a password to your
profile if you hadn't already chosen one. This insures that the 
information you provided can only be accessed by you. If you would like
to review or modify this information and need your password, go to the
following page to submit a request. 

http://www.itworld.com/newsletters/password_mailto.html

Finally, we encourage you to review your subscription status and email
promotional preferences to ensure that you are only receiving the 
information that interests you. You may access your subscription
profile below: 

http://www.itworld.com/newsletters

If you have any other questions or concerns, please email our customer
service department at: [email-masked]. We look forward to serving
your IT information needs. 

Sincerely,

Ann Roskey
VP, Audience Development
ITworld.com