Subject: SunHPC MPI problems

From: Bryan Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 14:57:55 -0400 (EDT)

Mark,

Normally we go through saleh when we have problems with Sun MPI, but
he's away and I guess he talks to you anyway.

We are doing some final benchmarks for a paper due soon (Monday).
It seems that the Sun MPI is on osprey's is suddenly going anomalously
slowly---bandwidth down by a factor of about 10.  

Last time we ran the benchmarks was back in March.  I remember the
software was unavailable some time recently, so maybe the configuration
changed?  (It's not gone back to using Ethernet instead of ATM, or
something strange??)

Bryan

---

From: Mark Natoli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 15:18:41 -0400 (EDT)

> he's away and I guess he talks to you anyway.

  For problems like this lease feel free to contact me directly, I would
also ask that you cc: "[email-masked]"
  I have used the tmadmin command to configure the ranking of the ATM
ports.
 Please try your tests again.

-Mark

---

From: Bryan Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 15:49:56 -0400 (EDT)

Mark,

Thanks, things seem to be fine now.

Bryan

---

From: Sang Lim <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 16:35:00 -0400 (EDT)

SunHPC is not woking  now. 
Please, correct the problem soon. 

Sang.

---

From: Mark Natoli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 17:21:25 -0400 (EDT)

> Please, correct the problem soon. 

  I worked on this for a while and could not get it to function.  This
included rebooting osprey1-4. 
  I will work on it again later.

-Mark

---

From: Mark Natoli <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 10:43:42 -0400 (EDT)

> Please, correct the problem soon. 

  It is up and running now.  Please give it a try and let me know if it is
okay.

-Mark