Subject: Re: CDROM/web pages for web tech material

From: Shrideep Pallickara <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 14:27:56 -0500 (EST)

I would be there this weekend, and I intend to try and work out problems
pertaining to CORBA/RMI over the weekend. I tried co-ordinating with
Tom & Meryem regarding the Visigenic installations but there seems to 
be a problem in installing the software. What could be done here is
to write a mail to the tech-support at Visigenic indicating that we
are using it for educational purposes and they should provide us with 
a evaluation key for no cost. This technique worked fine with Orbix. Also,
I just need to briefly make a suggestion regarding Front-Page.

Once you have modified a page in frontpage, you could choose to pulish the
complete web on your PC or just the file. In either case, since the
technologies are organized as directories all that is required is to
transfer the modified directories/ individual-files in that directory.

The overall document linking would still be the same. Besides this
Front-page does allow you to link pages not created in Frontpage too. So
managing plain HTML files within FrontPage shouldn't be a problem.

--
Shrideep Pallickara
URL  http://www.cat.syr.edu/~shrideep

---

From: Shrideep Pallickara <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 16:41:41 -0500 (EST)

What we need is 
a) Visibroker for Java 3.2/3.3
b) The Naming Service for Visibroker for Java .
c) The Event Service if possible (its not imperative though)

---

From: Shrideep Pallickara <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 17:17:48 -0500 (EST)

> Also, 
> 
> gow about integrated tran. service (ITS), SSL pack,
> and the broker manager?
> are any of these needed as well?
> 

Nope ... we dont need any of these, as far as I am aware of the work we
are involved in. You probably should check with others too.