Subject: New timetabling tools: Undo & Redo

From: Vesa Saario <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 11:06:27 +0000

Dear Colleague,

we have just recently added an interesting new feature to our school
timetabling software. With the commands Undo and Redo in timetabling,
MIMOSA for Windows allows the user to backtrack up to 1000 previous
steps when inserting, removing and moving either single lectures or
blocks. 

While simultaneously preventing all clashes and also displaying
available assignment possibilities, this tool is an extremely powerful
in reaching the desired solution with the minimum number of steps, and
performing alternative if-then solutions efficiently. This feature is 
utilised later on in upcoming timetabling optimization tools.

You can download our popular international timetabling and course
planning application with over 350 menu selections from our site
http://www.sci.fi/~mimosa/index2.html and test it with your own data
or sample files. 

Sincerely Yours,

Vesa Saario 
-----------------------------------------------
Managing Director 
Vesa Saario, Ph.D.
MIMOSA SOFTWARE OY
Pennantanhua 10
FIN-33470 YLOJARVI, FINLAND
Phones:  +358 500 534176, +358 3 3483125
Fax:     +358 3 3486125
E-mails: [email-masked], [email-masked]
URL:     http://www.sci.fi/~mimosa
-----------------------------------------------