Subject: Annals of OR, special issue

From: "Stefan Voss" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 07:53:55 +0000

============================================================
                 S P E C I A L    I S S U E

A N N A L S    O F    O P E R A T I O N S    R E S E A R C H

              C A L L    F O R    P A P E R S

   Operations Research and Constraint Programming in the
                   Asia Pacific Region
============================================================

Within the framework of the Annals of Operations Research, 
we plan to publish a special issue on

        Operations Research and Constraint Programming
        in the Asia Pacific Region

which we expect to appear early in 2001.

AIM

The principle aim of the issue is to provide a summary snapshot 
of research in and applications of Operations Research (OR) and/or
Constraint Programming (CP) in the Asia Pacific region. 

BACKGROUND

The Asia Pacific region has embraced business applications of
decision support systems in recent years. Given that many of
these applications are unaffected by legacy models or systems
it has meant that state of the art OR and/or CP techniques have
been embedded in them. Moreover, the increased use of OR and 
CP techniques in this region provides opportunities for 
identifying methodological advances that are taking place
as a result of the unique nature of the applications. These
also provide opportunities for exploring synergies and 
interfaces that exist between OR and CP, from the point of 
view of applications as well as theoretical advances. 

SCOPE

This special issue will be devoted to recent research in 
the Asia Pacific region, bringing together papers applying 
OR and/or CP techniques. The publication will emphasise 
research having potential industry interest, but will 
include papers devoted to theoretical or methodological 
advances. Submission of original papers on industrial 
applications of either OR or CP techniques are strongly 
encouraged, as are papers bringing together these two 
areas, either for the purpose of comparison or for 
unification. We invite submissions on any topic of 
OR and CP including but not limited to those listed 
below. Survey papers are also welcome.

Any connection with the Asia Pacific region, such as 
author affiliation, or country of application, will be 
considered.  Please contact any of the Guest Editors 
below for clarification of this point. We will be 
pleased to receive papers falling entirely in the OR 
domain, and we will be equally pleased to receive 
papers falling entirely in the CP domain.  

REVIEW PROCESS

All papers will be subject to a thorough and stringent 
refereeing process, in accordance with the usual high 
standards of the Annals of Operations Research.

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES

Authors of original manuscripts are invited to submit 
their papers electronically by email to any one of the 
Guest Editors listed below, in either postscript or pdf 
format.  Alternatively, 4 hard copies may be mailed to 
any one of the Guest Editors.  To be considered for this
publication, papers must be received by

     1st December 1999.

All papers must be written in English, and should not be 
simultaneously submitted to any other refereed publication. 

Guest Editors:

Natashia L. Boland
Department of Mathematics and Statistics
University of Melbourne
Parkville, VIC 3052
Australia
Tel:  +61-3-9344-5547
Fax:  +61-3-9344-4599
[email-masked]

Mohan Krishnamoorthy
CSIRO Mathematics and Information Sciences
Private Bag 10, South Clayton MDC
Clayton, VIC 3169
Australia
Tel:  +61-3-9545-8042
Fax:  +61-3-9545-8080
[email-masked]

Peter Stuckey
Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering
University of Melbourne
Parkville, VIC 3052
Australia
Tel:  +61-3-9344-9155
Fax:  +61-3-9348-1184
[email-masked]

LIST OF TOPICS

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Problem Types
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Logistics                            Capacity Planning
Scheduling                           Location
Routing                              Inventory
Cutting and Packing                  Supply Chain

-------------------------------      ------------------------------------
Application Sectors                  Techniques and/or Technology
-------------------------------      ------------------------------------
Natural Resources                    Modelling
Energy                               Linear Programming
Mineral Processing                   Dynamic Programming
Networks and Telecommunications      Mathematical Programming
Internet                             Integer Programming
Services and Tourism                 Constraint Satisfaction
Finance                              Constraint Programming
Transportation                       Local Search Algorithms
Infrastructure                       Metaheuristics
Health Care                          Hybrid Algorithms
Education                            Multiobjective/Multicriteria
Optimization
Manufacturing                        Stochastic Programming
Agriculture                          Software Systems in OR or CP
Sport                                Simulation
Military