Subject: New book anouncement

From: [email-masked] (Dimitri Bertsekas)
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 98 16:29:16 EDT

Submission to Modern-Heuristics by Dimitri P. Bertsekas

    NETWORK OPTIMIZATION: CONTINUOUS AND DISCRETE MODELS
                             by
                      Dimitri P. Bertsekas
            Massachusetts Institute of Technology

      (608 pages, hardcover, ISBN:1-886529-02-7, $74.00)
                     published by
            Athena Scientific, Belmont, MA
            http://world.std.com/~athenasc/index.html

An introductory treatment of linear, nonlinear, and discrete network
optimization problems. It covers extensively theory, algorithms, and
applications, and it aims to bridge the gap between linear and nonlinear
network optimization on one hand, and integer/combinatorial network
optimization on the other.

TOPICS:

** linear network flow problems (including simplex, dual ascent, and
auction algorithms)

** models for discrete network optimization (such as traveling salesman,
vehicle routing, multidimensional assignment, facility location,
spanning tree construction, etc)

** methods for integer-constrained network problems (such as
branch-and-bound, Lagrangian relaxation and subgradient optimization,
genetic algorithms, tabu search, simulated annealing, and rollout
algorithms)

** nonlinear network problems (such as convex separable and
multicommodity flow problems)

CHAPTER TITLES:

1. Introduction
2. Shortest Path Problems
3. The Max-Flow Problem
4. The Min-Cost Flow Problem
5. Simplex Methods for  Min-Cost Flow
6. Dual Ascent Methods for  Min-Cost Flow
7. Auction Algorithms for  Min-Cost Flow
8. Nonlinear Network Optimization
9. Convex Separable Network Problems
10. Network Problems with Integer Constraints

FOR DETAILED CONTENTS AND PREFACE:

http://world.std.com/~athenasc/netsbook.html

PUBLISHER'S INFORMATION:

Athena Scientific, P.O.Box 391, Belmont, MA, 02178-9998, U.S.A.
Email: [email-masked], Tel: (617) 489-3097, FAX: (617) 489-2017
WWW Site for Info and Ordering:
http://world.std.com/~athenasc/index.html