Subject: ft.com Update

From: "ft.com"<[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 1999 18:12:12 MDT

Dear ft.com user

This month, while half the world is on holiday somewhere else, we
have been busy. We gave our in-depth coverage of the half-year 
results of some of the biggest companies in the UK and US and 
followed the consequences of the strong dollar. We increased the 
number of companies in our company briefing section and for the 
first time we offered all the articles in the Global Archive FREE 
of charge. 

*** European Performance League ***
The latest assessment on Europe's corporate winners and losers, 
ranked by total shareholder value, is now available on ft.com. 
This FT league table also gives analysis and profiles on Europe's 
best and worst.
http://www.ft.com/cgi-bin/site_track.pl?id=monthly5a&url=/euroleague/

*** Asian tonic for the Pharmaceutical Industry ***
As greater prosperity in Asia fuels the diseases of affluence - 
diabetes, asthma, cancer, heart conditions, obesity and depression - 
our Life Sciences survey looks at pharmaceutical industry plans for 
the region.
http://www.ft.com/cgi-bin/site_track.pl?id=monthly5a&url=/lifesci/index-jul.htm

*** FT-IT Discussion Forum ***
The first internet stocks are being launched in the UK as the market 
begins to falter in the US. What does this mean for the future of 
technology investment? Discuss this and other technology-for-business 
issues on the FT's IT discussion forum:
http://www.ft.com/cgi-bin/ft/site_track.pl?id=monthly4a&url=/ftit/discuss.htm

*** Cricket ***
Follow our coverage of the Test Series between England and New Zealand 
including a scoreboard with live updates.
http://www.ft.com/cgi-bin/site_track.pl?id=monthly5a&url=/sport/

*** FREE Global Archive ***
Don't forget to take advantage of our great offer. Until August 23 
you can get articles from thousands of business publications free of 
charge. 
http://www.ft.com/cgi-bin/ft/site_track.pl?id=gaoffer&url=virtual-globalarchive

*** FTQuicken:  Personal finance e-mail course ***
Due to the overwhelming success of FTQuicken's first personal finance 
by e-mail course, we are repeating the course for newcomers beginning 
early in September.  If you think you could better manage your money, 
why not sign up now for the eight-week e-mail course covering debt 
reduction, mortgages, investments, retirement planning and more.
http://www.ft.com/cgi-bin/site_track.pl?id=monthly5a&url=/splash/signup2.htm

Thanks to all those who submitted "mad" business ideas.  We have 
selected three winners - a truly difficult job considering the volume 
and quality of responses - and will be notifying them by e-mail over 
the next week.  

Regards,
ft.com

If you no longer wish to receive further e-mails from us please send 
an e-mail to [email-masked] with the single word 
"unsubscribe" as the subject of the message. Your name will then be 
removed from our mailing list.

If you have forgotten your password for ft.com simply visit 
www.ft.com/utils/register/lostpword.htm