Subject: RE: JP Morgan

From: Dan Mankes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 16:37:25 -0500

I could understand your feelings.  I was born and bred in Brooklyn, NY on
Bedford Avenue at the very beginning of Bedford Stuyvesant (a pretty rough
neighborhood).  To get away from the city, I had my first chance in college,
so I chose Oneonta State College because the college was in the heart of the
Catskills and the entire size of the college was the size of my high school
student body.  I am a city kid with a country-side heart.  

I found out later that I could get the best of both worlds by living in New
Jersey if I was willing to commute far enough.  If I limited the commute to
1/2 hour, I would still be in the city, or a city-like suburb.  If I went 45
minutes to an hour commute, I started to get into the very open and
tree-based areas I longed for.  I currently live in the farmlands of New
Jersey with deer, racoons, groundhogs, rabbits and whatever else that likes
to roam in my backyard. 

Even though the city is a big place, it is still a small world.  I still
keep bumping into people I have not seen in a while that had since gone
their separate ways.  The city is vibrant, alive, dynamic and culturally
stimulating.  The downtown area of Wall Street is also less crowded than
where our office is in midtown.

We could help you aquire and chose areas to live in for we have done this a
number of times.  

Please let us know as soon as possible what your situation is for we do need
to schedule the final meetings with the JP crowd in advance.

Thanks, Dan.

-----Original Message-----
From: Saleh Elmohamed [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2000 3:53 PM
To: Dan Mankes
Subject: Re: JP Morgan

Hi Dan,

Sorry for not being able to return yours and Nicole's calls. I have been
pretty busy with a training workshop we have been conducting for some
of our clients. I apologize about that.

In regard to the job; from my interview with Steve, I think I'd fit in
rather nicely in there and it is the kind of things I know about and can
do well. 
Moreover, Steve sounded to be a very nice and knowledgeable person in this
area so it would nice to work with someone with experience and background
as his.
One thing that I'm sort of having a cold feet about is the living in NYC
and having to deal with all that hustle of the daily long commute, housing,
etc. in a huge place like that. I must say it is something that I'm not 
quite used to. I would need few days to think about whether I
really want to do it. Hence, I can't be a 100% sure that I'll fly in the
28th of Jan... I'll have to make sure that it is a move that I want to
make and will have no problem whatsoever in making before I come down
there. 
I hope you understand my position. Again, I apologize about any
misunderstanding or mis-communication in this regard. Will talk to you and
Nicole at some point later.

best wishes,
Saleh

On Wed, 19 Jan 2000, Dan Mankes wrote:

> Could you please tell me if you are still interested in pursuing the
> opportunity at J.P. Morgan?  If you are, we would like to confirm
> availability for the several managers you'd need to meet by coordinating
> your flight in.  They had continued to interview within that group, but at
> this point in time, I think if they knew you were able to come down to
> finish up with them near the end of the month, they might hold off on
> pursuing other candidates.
> 
> Also, please don't let money be an issue with this opportunity for that is
> something I am sure we could work out to your satisfaction.
> 
> Thanks, Dan Mankes.
> 
> Please contact: Dan Mankes @ (212) 840-8666 x250
>                         Toll Free:     @ (888) 522-5576 x250
>                          E-Mail:        [email-masked]
> 
> 
> 
>