Subject: Your Inform Talk

From: Saleh Elmohamed <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 09:46:37 -0400 (EDT)

Kevin,

Hi.

I was not able to come to hear your talk in Montreal on Java
and Silk due to meetings, etc. I had with the CRT people at Univ.
of Montreal. I really would like more info about this if possible. 
It would be great if I could take a look at a copy of your talk.

I'm currently putting together a page on Java for Computational
Science and Engineering dealing with all aspects of Java and Java 
related technologies that can be used for large scale scientific and 
engineering applications. Of course OR and in particular
optimization applications are of interest.

Would really appreciate any info about your tools and Java
resources.

Regards,
Saleh

My mailing address:

Saleh Elmohamed
Northeast Parallel Architectures Center
111 College Place
CST Bldg. Rm 3-217
Syracuse, NY 13244-4100

[email-masked]

---

From: "Kevin J. Healy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 09:38:30 -0500

Saleh,

Thank you for your interest in the Java-based simulation development we
are doing at
ThreadTec, Inc.   My colleague Rich Kilgore presented our work at the
recent Informs
conference in Montreal.  I was unable to attend due to illness.

We will be happy to supply you with information about our developments
in support
of your efforts to develop a website of Java-related resources in
Computational Science and Engineering.

A good place to start is our corporate website (www.threadtec.com).
There
you will find on-line versions of presentations we have made at several
recent
conferences.  We have not yet posted the content for our Informs talk
but I will make
certain it is available by the first of next week.

If you can provide us with a sense of the scope and tone of the
summaries
you hope to provide for resources such as ours, we will be happy to
provide a write-up.

Kevin Healy