Subject: Possible Textbooks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 15:49:08 -0800

Dear Saleh:

My name is Deborah Kramer and I am the new representative for Morgan Kaufmann
and Academic Press.  Pamela forwarded your request to me regarding possible
texts that may work for your course.

>From the Morgan Kaufmann side I can recommend the book Patterson and Hennessy:
Computer Organization and Design.  Also from the Academic Press side there is
the book by Gupta (who worked with Dave Culler on his book) entitled:  Soft
Computing and Intelligent Systems.  The entire Academic Press catalog can be
viewed at www.apcatalog.com.  Take a look.  There may be something there that I
am overlooking which would be of benefit to you.  Whatever you would like to
see, please just let me know.

Regards

Deborah Kramer
Morgan Kaufmann/Academic Press
800-894-3434  ext. 6319

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 14:40:20 -0800

Hello Saleh:

There is not a solutions manual for the Culler text.

I have noted the two texts you would like to see from the Academic Press catalog
and am having those sent to you right away.

And, you are correct about Gupta....my mistake.  (ugh!  I hate it when I do
something like that!)

If you need anything else just let me know.  I'll contact you in a few weeks to
see how these may work for you.

Regards:

Deborah