Subject: Planning

From: "David E. Bernholdt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 09:12:38 -0500

I want to insure you guys are working to finish the CFD applet in a
timely fashion, as well as completing your other work.  All of it is
important, and nothing can be neglected.

Here is my understanding of your tasks:

Saleh				Dongmin

CFD Applet			CFD Applet
VPL setup & training of TA	VNC support in Tango
Defense & departure

Please get together and make a plan to complete the CFD applet that is
compatible with your other activities and send a copy of the plan to
me by the end of the day today.  We need to have the CFD applet
completed by ~19 January, and VNC will also be used in CPS615 starting
around that time.  VPL will come a bit later.

Thanks, David
--
David E. Bernholdt                      | Email:  [email-masked]
Northeast Parallel Architectures Center | Phone:  +1 315 443 3857
111 College Place, Syracuse University  | Fax:    +1 315 443 1973
Syracuse, NY 13244-4100                 | URL:    http://www.npac.syr.edu

---

From: Saleh Elmohamed <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 12:23:45 -0500

Hi David,

In regard to the CFD, we have the method and now its
complexity, etc. (well, on paper) but will need to try
it out to see how it preforms. I don't know how busy
Dongmin is this week but it is only a matter of getting 
together and taking a stab at it... So I guess I'll wait
to hear from him on what his schedule is, etc.

In the case of VPL, well, that account as you know is
still closed and have no access to it so can't do much 
about it now. Once it is open I could perhaps take
a look at what we already have there and see how we could
change it, etc.

In regard to my defense and deprature, that is the
one million dollar thing :-) It is currently my top 
priority... 

-Saleh

---

From: Dongmin Kim <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 13:23:26 -0500 (EST)

The VNC in Tango is ready on current Tango release.
I'm still working on VNC but it is targeting on next release.
So there will be no problem in using VNC in Tango.

For the CFD, I just started to take a look at the source code,
so it's very hard to say when it can be finished.
All I can say is that I will do my best to finish it by Jan 19.

Dongmin

---

From: "David E. Bernholdt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 14:01:53 -0500

My concern is to get you two acting _together_ to insure that it
happens quickly and correctly.  I want you two to sit down together
and talk about the algorithm, the applet, and how hard it will be to
implement in Tango.  I want you to divide up responsibilities and make
a plan that gives me your best estimate of what will be done by whom,
and when it will be completed.  It should also take into account
things like Saleh's holiday travel plans and whatever other
obligations you may have.  I know the plan will not be completely
reliable until you get further into the code, but by talking through
everything together, you should be able to come up with a reasonable
first approximation to a schedule.
--
David E. Bernholdt                      | Email:  [email-masked]
Northeast Parallel Architectures Center | Phone:  +1 315 443 3857
111 College Place, Syracuse University  | Fax:    +1 315 443 1973
Syracuse, NY 13244-4100                 | URL:    http://www.npac.syr.edu