Subject: Change of access to NPAC areas

From: Neil Jasper <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 12:08:31 -0500

Due to recent events involving the theft of personal property
Within NPAC, some key access changes are being made.

Effective some time on Monday, November 16, 1998, the
Following key numbers will no longer work:

BHA		For staff to have access to NPAC common areas
		after normal work hours.  (3-217 & 3-216)
		Access to coffee room (3-112)
This key will NO longer work.

BHA-1	For Graduate Students to gain access to their
		office  work areas.  (3-211 & 3-221)
		Access to coffee room (3-112)
This key will NO longer work.

BHA-50	For access to PC Multi-Media Lab in 1-215
This key will NO longer work.

In order for you to receive the proper replacement key, you must
first return the old key, and second have authorization from your
Project Leader that you belong in these areas.  Keys will become 
Available through Neil Jasper once the locks are changed.  Please 
You will be asked to produce your Staff/Student ID.

Please be advised, that individuals not working on NPAC projects
Are constantly around our machine lab and office areas.  YOU are 
responsible for any equipment that has been assigned to you.  If you 
were issued keys to areas within NPAC, you are responsible for knowing
where that key is, and reporting it missing if that occurs.  
YOU ARE NOT TO LOAN KEYS TO NPAC AREAS TO ANYONE!  
If access is required, individuals must sign keys out with Neil Jasper.  

Many of you will not take this situation seriously.  That is unfortunate!
Who is to say that the NEXT incident won't include YOUR property.

Neil Jasper
Data Systems Administrator
Syracuse University-NPAC
111 College Place, Room 3-217
Syracuse, New York  13244
Phone:	315-443-4557
Fax:	315-443-1973