Subject: JDJ AUGUST ISSUE IS HERE...

From: "Java Developer's Journal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 23:02:22 -0400

Dear JDJ Digital Edition Subscriber:

Your August '99 JDJ Digital Edition personal access code is: "aug99"

The following link also lists your access codes for recent issues from the
JDJ Digital Edition archives.

http://www.sys-con.com/java/specialsoftheweek.html

The digital edition of "Java Developer's Journal" is an exact replica of
our print edition provided for you in Adobe's Acrobat format as a FREE
service to our U.S. and international subscribers.

http://www.sys-con.com/java/pdf/

This issue of our "digital edition" also includes a large selection of FREE
and/or money saving offers from the leading Java vendors. Please make sure
you check our "Specials of the Week" link to take advantage of these new
offers.

WHAT'S NEW IN AUGUST  ?
++++++++++++++++++++++
We recently completed our reader survey and you'll see major changes in our
August issue, in both the "digital edition" and the "print copy" you'll
receive in the mail. We're happy to announce that JDJ's layout has been
completely redesigned, allowing us to add 20% more editorial content and to
print the FULL SOURCE CODE!. The source code that accompanies our editorial
features
is still available to download for your hands-on experience, but it's now
fully available in print as well.

As the leading Java publication for the past four years, we're proud to
bring you exclusive Java coverage from the top names in the Java
development community and up to 120 information-packed pages of original
content in JDJ's each new issue. It's filled with hard-to-find, quality
Java information which would normally fill more than two issues of an
average print magazine.

WHERE IS JAVAONE GOING TO BE HELD NEXT YEAR?
Scott McNealy divulged to Java Developer's Journal in an exclusive
interview. You'll find out here first!

http://www.sys-con.com/java/javaone/interviews/index.html

Here are some highlights from JDJ's August issue...

*** FROM THE EDITOR:
"(Im)perfect Timing" by Sean Rhody

*** GUEST EDITORIAL:
"Java, XML and Web Syndication" by Jeremy Allaire (cocreator of ColdFusion)

*** JDJ FEATURE STORY:
"The Java-CORBA Way to Large-Scale Software Design" by E Ming Tan
How to Extend the Service Broker...
In the CORBA-based, service broker framework, the data that's required and
shared among various heterogeneous systems is coordinated in a synchronized
manner by a server process, yet maintained locally by each participating
system.

**** Straight Talking by Alan Williamson
PARTY! PARTY! PARTY!
An Eclectic assortment of Java hors-d'oeuvres...

**** From the author who introduced JavaBeans to the world...
JDJ FEATURE STORY:
"JavaBeans vs Enterprise JavaBeans" by Lawrence Rodrigues and Gopalan
Suresh Raj
The primary objective of both models is to ensure portability, reusability
and interoperability of Java software components.

**** EJB HOME:
"Enterprise JavaBeans Persistance" by Jason Westra
Bean-managed and container-managed persistence: advantages and disadvantages

**** JDJ WIDGET FACTORY:
"Reflecting a Bean onto a Table" by Jim Crafton
Advanced JTable customization and object reflection with Java

**** JDJ's Exclusive JavaOne Coverage continued... by Alan Williamson

**** JDJ READERS' CHOICE AWARDS SPECIAL COVERAGE:
Fourteen Winners and 28 Finalists examined with comparative charts which
can mimic the market share of these products

**** BACK TO BASICS:
"Object-Oriented Programming Revisited" by Gene Callahan and Brian Clark
Attention to the basics of OOP pays dividends for the creators of a new
interpreter

**** JAVA & PL/SQL:
"Writing Effective Web Applications Using Java and Oracle" by Vivek Sharma

**** JDJ TIPS, TECHNIQUES & TRICKS:
"Adding a Custom Event to a JavaBean" by Jim Mangione
How to establish bidirectional communication between your custom bean and
its container classes

**** FIRST LOOK:
"Cyrus Intersoft - Speiros delivers true anytime, anywhere pervasive
computing" by Scott Davison

**** ANNOUNCING OUR SEPTEMBER XML FOCUS

In this issue you'll also get a sneak peek at our September "XML Focus
Issue," which is edited by Ajit Sagar ([email-masked]). This special
issue offers some of the best XML editorial coverage you'll find anywhere.

http://www.sys-con.com/java/XMLad.html

**** INTRODUCING JAVA CAREER OPPORTUNITIES PAGES

This month we introduced our online companion to the Java employment
postings from JDJ's "Java Career Opportunities" section. You'll find daily
updates of Java-related job openings with some of the best companies.
Whether you're looking for a new job or looking for the best talent for
your development team, your visit to these pages is a must!

http://www.sys-con.com/java/jobs/javajobs.cfm

**** INTRODUCING "JAVA BREAKING NEWS"

While you're downloading the latest issue of JDJ's Digital Edition, please
make sure you stop by JavaDeveloersJournal.com and check out our Breaking
News! You'll find the most recent Java industry news as it happens. Don't
forget to bookmark  this page and stay in touch with the latest
developments in the Java universe.

http://www.sys-con.com/java/newjava.cfm

**** NOW YOU CAN PURCHASE YOUR JAVA SOFTWARE AT GUARANTEED LOWEST PRICES
FROM JDJSTORE!!!

This month we proudly announce that JDJStore.com will open its doors on
August 15, 1999, as a service to our readers. JDJ Store will provide the
Java community around the world  with the largest selection of Java
software at the GUARANTEED LOWEST PRICES!

http://www.sys-con.com/java/jdjstore.html

**** ANNOUNCING JDJ's ANNUAL JAVA BUYER'S GUIDE PRINT EDITION

We're pleased to announce that the JavaBuyersGuide.com print edition and
its accompanying "Collectors Edition CD" will be mailed to you FREE of
charge later in the year as part of your subscription to "Java Developer's
Journal." This annual Guide is the most comprehensive source of Java
products and services available anywhere in the world!

http://www.sys-con.com/inetbg/index2.cfm

Fuat A. Kircaali
Publisher,
Java Developer's Journal
([email-masked])

Advertisement:
Receive a FREE evaluation copy of PointBase Mobile Edition or Server
Edition, the first 100% Pure Java multiuser database solution that enables
true distributed platform- and device-independent computing at a low cost
of ownership, while fully leveraging legacy infrastructure and providing
for future extensibility.

http://www.pointbase.com/products/download/eval.html

P.S. SYS-CON Publications, Inc. and "Java Developer's Journal" take great
care to avoid sending you e-mail messages you do not wish to receive.
You're receiving this e-mail message because you're a subscriber of "Java
Developer's Journal" and requested a copy of JDJ's Digital Edition updates.
This e-mail message contains information we think will interest you and
directs you to our Web site for more detailed material. Should you not want
to receive our Digital Edition in the future, simply forward this notice to
"[email-masked]" and your online and print subscriptions to "Java
Developer's Journal" will be promptly discontinued.