Subject: Call for presentations: ICIAM 99

From: [email-masked] (Ronald F Boisvert)
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 11:12:35 -0400

Anne Trefethen (of NAG) and I are thinking of organizing a
minisymposium on Java for CSE at the International Congress of
Industrial and Applied Mathematics in Scotland July 5-9
(http://www.ma.hw.ac.uk/iciam99/).  Since this is a conference of
applied mathematicians, we expect to focus on issues such as Java for
numerical computing, Java numerical libraries, case studies of the
use of Java for scientific applications, and Java for large-scale
parallel computation.

We are soliciting proposals for 1/2 hour talks for such a
minisymposium.  Are any participants of this mailing list interested
in giving such a presentation?  If so, please reply to me as soon as
possible. The deadline for minisymposiums is this week, so we have a
very short fuse to see whether this will fly.

Ron Boisvert
------------------------------------------+---------------------------
Building 820, Room 365                    | Voice +1-301-975-3812
National Institute of Standards and Tech. | Fax +1-301-990-4127
Gaithersburg, MD 20899 USA                |  Email [email-masked]
------------------------------------------+---------------------------
        URL  http://math.nist.gov/mcsd/Staff/RBoisvert/
----------------------------------------------------------------------