From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 98 19:08:58 EDT

To get read of the ctr-M at the end of each line in a file or files
in certain directory, do:

(1) Take the 1st file and enter vi editor.
(2) Inside vi do:

  a. hit the (:) key, then type %s/ctrl-v ctrl-m//
  b. the above will be done for the entire file, now, if it is needed
     for other files then go to that file and do again.

 An easier way:
  Inside the first file do:

 :map g :%s/ctrl-v ctrl-m//

  Notice: (NO space between ctrl-v and ctrl-m).

 Then to execute this, just hit (g). Delete the //, Save the file by
:w , then without leaving vi you can goto the next file in the same
directory by typing :n .
Again, in the new file to get rid of ctrl-M, just hit the key (g).

......then delete //, save file by :w, goto next file by :n . ....
 and so on....

-thanx to George Betzos for telling me about these nice commands.

12/30/93