Subject: Announcing Numerical Libraries for Java

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 22:05:12 -0700

Fellow Java Enthusiasts,

The purpose of this message is to report on my company's release of
jCrunch, a set of numerical class libraries for Java.  The jCrunch
libraries are capable of running in either pure Java or in native code
mode.  In native code run mode, speed is comparable to compiled Fortran.
The selection of run mode is transparent to both user and developer.

The first product in the jCrunch line is jc-sampler-Lapack-SVD which
is now freely available at http://www.appstar.com.  jCrunch products
containing full Java implementations of LAPACK will be available in
early 1999.  This sampler performs a singular value decomposition (SVD)
in both float and double precision.

The website contains a demonstration applet that is also available for
download.  If you would like more information about jCrunch, Appstar,
or numerical libraries in Java, please respond to me:  [email-masked].

I look forward to the group's input.

Thanks,

David S. Dixon
Application Manager
Appstar, LLC