Subject: PC Server Upgrades

From: "Neil Jasper" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 14:09:09 -0400

On Tuesday, November 2nd The windows NT server 'heracles'
will be shutdown so that the operating system can be upgraded to
the latest service pack.  This will effect access to private folders
located in  \\heracles\userspace  and will stop access to the MSDN
library and \\heracles\userinstall 

Printing from PC's should NOT be effected during this shutdown,
because 'ventana' is the print server.

On Wednesday, November 3rd the windows NT server 'ventana'
will be shut down for Operating System upgrades to the latest
Service Pack.  

In Both of these server shutdowns, the anticipated time off line
is 1 hour, from 9:00 to 10:00 am.

Neil D. Jasper
Data Systems Administrator
Syracuse University-NPAC
111 College Place, Room 3-217
Syracuse, New York  13244

Phone:  (315) 443-4557
Fax:      (315) 443-1973
email:    [email-masked]

               --------------===============---------------
                    This list is for use by NPAC staff
     to inform NPAC onsite users (ie located at CST) about local issues
                  Other postings to this list will fail
                     PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR CC:
               --------------===============---------------