Subject: your resume

From: "alex ho" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2000 14:36:52 -0700

Saleh,

I received a copy of your resume forwarded to me by Professor Geoffrey Fox.
Before asking too many in-depth questions please let me find out a few
pieces of high level information.

1. What's the status of your PhD program?  Are you done with your thesis
defense or are you even done with submiting the final thesis writeup to the
graduate school?

2. Your resume is quite academically-oriented.  Is the academia your first
preference?

3. How extensive is your hands-on coding experience?  Do you consider
yourself as a systems-level
software engineer or application-level engineer?

Very briefly, let me give you some background of mine.  I worked for Caltech
and IBM Reseach Division as research scientist before.  I had an internet
startup in 1996 in Silicon valley which was acquired by a US public company
in 1997.  that startup had Yahoo, Infoseek, and Hitachi among others as our
first few strategic partners.   I am starting a new internet venture, and
seeking talented software engineers at the moment.

Thanks.

Regards,
Alex Ho