Subject: VPL slow response?

From: "Chiarito, Vincent P WES" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 13:32:02 -0600

There seems to be a very, very slow response time to getting codes to
compile and run through VPL - in some cases the excessive waits have
resulted in aborts (like a window saying document contained no data, try
again later or contact system administrator - this message occurred after a
15 minute wait!)?!  Can you comment on what kind of competition there is for
ques and runtime and when the best times in the day are to attempt to run
our codes?  Even just running your example of helloworld.c (from the example
codes provided) takes several minutes or longer!  Thanks.

Vince Chiarito
ERDC, Vicksburg, MS

---

From: "Zheng, Qiang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 14:47:31 -0500 (EST)

Hi, Vincent

I am sorry. VPL IS slow because your code has to go thru http server and
be submitted to the compiler by a script before it can really be compiled
and run and http server is so busy in the day time.

We don't have a good solution right now. :-(

-Regards,
-------------
-Zheng, Qiang