Subject: PET information on the web

From: "David E. Bernholdt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 1998 13:12:26 -0500

In case you were not aware, we have a local webspace  which gives an
overview of our involvement in PET at
	http://www.npac.syr.edu/Projects/DoD/

Most of this information is intended primarily for outsiders, but may
be useful for NPACers involved in PET projects to some of the bigger
picture of the PET program.

I have also begun adding some information specifically for NPACers who
1) need to obtain accounts on PET computers, and
2) are planning travel to any of the Centers
Look for these links near the bottom of the page listed above, just
before the "DoD Major Shared Resource Centers" table.

In the travel information, I have tried to distill my own experience
traveling to these sites, and to extract basic driving directions,
etc. from the MSRC web sites.  These pages are not complete, and I
would welcome contributions from others who have traveled there to
make them more complete.  My thought was that these pages should serve
as a useful quick reference for (a) planning a trip, and (b) actually
navigating to the site.  They should not attempt to replace the more
detailed/extensive information that most of the MSRCs already provide.

If you want to contribute, please email me of your intent (to avoid
conflicting with someone else) and edit a private copy of the
appropriate page.  When you're done, send me the new version, or a
URL.

Comments are welcome.

Thanks, David
--
David E. Bernholdt                      | Email:  [email-masked]
Northeast Parallel Architectures Center | Phone:  +1 315 443 3857
111 College Place, Syracuse University  | Fax:    +1 315 443 1973
Syracuse, NY 13244-4100                 | URL:    http://www.npac.syr.edu