Subject: Hi Saleh!

From: Edward Pellon <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2000 15:54:57 -0400

Dear Saleh:

Just in case you have changed your requirements for accpeting long term 
contract assignments, here are some nice R&D projects for your consideration.

We are looking to hire a Contract Software Engineer to support
various R&D projects in the areas of Java, C++, XML, XSL, XSLT, and
Javabeans related development. We would like for the Software
Engineer to have a strong background in OOP & OOD, GUI development,
deep knowledge of Java programming, and Swing / JFC GUI development.
Knowledge of Javabeans, XML, XSL, XSLT, VisualAge for Java, JDK 1.2x,
UML and Rational Rose is a plus. The core skills needed are Java and
Swing with a strong ability and confidence to learn new technologies.
Some of the projects are as follows:

Standardization of Scripting Languages:

This project is related to the development of a Scripting Framework
architecture to incorporate scripting into Java applications and
applets. The Scripting Framework will be available for Web Servers to
extend the language attribute of JSP pages to any scripting language
(i.e. Javascript, VBScript, Perl, Tcl, Python, Rexx, ksh, csh, bsh).
The ultimate goal is to develop a well-defined scripting architecture
to allow Java developers to incorporate scripting easily. This would
allow developers to develop applications with scripting, without any
specific scripting language dependencies.

Bean Markup Language:

This project is related to the development of a Bean Markup
Language, which is an XML-based component configuration for writing
language customized for the JavaBean component model. The language
will have an elements that can be used to describe the creation
of new beans, accessing of existing beans, configuration of beans
by setting/getting properties and/or fields, binding of events
from some beans to other beans as well as calling of arbitrary
methods in beans.

A compiler will be developed to compile any BML script into
reflection-free Java code. This is that it allows one to capture
the inter-component structure of the application using a first-
class language designed for that purpose and yet be able to
compile it into "regular" Java code with basically no performance
loss.

XSL editor/conversion tool:

This project is related to the development of a XSL editor/conversion
tool application which allows users to import, create, and save
Extensible Stylesheet Language (XSL) style sheets and Extensible
Markup Language (XML) source documents.  Some of the work is related
to, but limited to, enhancing the editing capability with syntax
highlighting, improving installation for different platforms, and the
ability to run the transform without tracing. The XSL Stylesheet
editor would incorporates trace function and provides assistance
with writing select and match expressions. Extensive GUI development
will be required for these systems.

All the work would have to performed on site in Westchester County,
New York, about 25 mile north of Manhattan. The contract has the
potential to be multi year.

Would you be interested in this contract assignment?  If you have
any questions, please call me at (914) 967-9544  or email me at
[email-masked] . You are welcome in calling me collect.

Thank You

Edward Pellon
Director of Personnel Services
L&A, Inc.
264 Forest Avenue
Rye, NY 10580
(914) 967-9544
(914) 967-3620 (fax)
[email-masked] (email)