Subject: Permanent Jobs & Internships with MICROSOFT (fwd)

From: Saleh <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 18:53:08 -0400 (EDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 09:29:48 -0400
From: Karen A. Kenty <[email-masked]>
Subject: Permanent Jobs & Internships with MICROSOFT
To: [email-masked]

MICROSOFT is coming to campus to interview for permanent, full-time positions
as well as internships.  Presentations will be given on Wednesday, August 4 at
6:00 pm and again on Thursday, August 5 at noon in room 369 Link Hall. 
Speakers will be Terry Lahman, Test Manager for Microsoft's Windows 2000 Team,
and Ray Blakeney, Technical Recruiter.    Bring an up-to-date resume.  There
will be pizza and a software raffle.  Interviews will take place on Thursday,
August 5 and Friday, August 6.  If you are interested, you can e-mail your
resume IN ADVANCE to Julie Barton at: [email-masked]

The following six job descriptions are all for permanent, full-time positions
and the first four are also for internships.

M

Job Descriptions for Full-Time and Internship Technical Positions

·       Software Design Engineer                                               
       Seattle Area (WA) - Bay Area (CA)
Great coding is only part of the story. You'll be given the tools and support
you need to really make an impact. You will own a feature or part of a product
and will work with other teams to define its specifications, solidify its
schedule and design and write its code. Projects cover a range of technologies
from personal and business applications, networking software and operating
systems to multimedia, graphical user interfaces and integrated development
environments. 
Candidates should be pursuing a bachelor's or graduate degree in computer
science/engineering or related technical discipline. Must possess a proficiency
in C/C++. Academic or industry experience in developing applications, systems,
compilers or other development tools is preferred, not required.

·       Program Manager                                                
    Seattle Area (WA) -  Bay Area (CA)
You will be given a product and become a driving force behind its product
cycle. From initial concept and design to testing and release, you will have
the responsibility of defining the product's content, behavior and appearance.
You will work in conjunction with our technical and marketing groups,
customers, usability specialists and graphic artists to ensure the product's
success.
Candidates should be pursuing a bachelor's or graduate degree in computer
science/engineering or a related field, have strong leadership capabilities and
an interest in software development. A thorough knowledge of microcomputer
platforms, programming languages, operating systems and applications is
desired, but not required. 

·       Software Design Engineer in Test Development                           
             Seattle Area (WA) - Bay Area (CA)
You’ll be a driving force behind making the tools that evaluate our products. 
You’ll be given the latest technology to design, develop and implement test
software that can eliminate bugs and find faulty source code in our system
software. You will work with developers, product support engineers and program
managers to achieve your goals.
Candidates should be pursuing a bachelor's or graduate degree in computer
science/engineering or related technical discipline. Must possess a proficiency
in C/C++. Academic or industry experience in developing applications, systems,
compilers or other development tools is preferred, not required.

·       Software Test Engineer                                         
    Seattle Area (WA) - Bay Area (CA)
The ability to look at what works and make it work better. To see code and
break it. These are the strengths of a great Software Test Engineer. You will
become an expert troubleshooting the various components of our applications as
you create and execute test plans and test cases, thus contributing throughout
your product’s life cycle.
What do you need? Curiosity. Tenacity. A healthy desire to take things apart.
You should also have a knowledge of microcomputer platforms, environments and
applications and familiarity with Basic or Visual Basic programming languages.
Candidates should be pursuing a bachelor's or graduate degree in computer
science/engineering, electrical engineering, mathematics, physics or a related
field.

·       Developer Support Engineer (Full-Time Positions Only)   Bellevue, WA &
Charlotte, NC
As a Developer Support Engineer, you’ll analyze problems and provide solutions
for other developers’ toughest issues.  You’re at the forefront of Microsoft
emerging technologies as you work with internal developers, apply your
knowledge to solve complex customer problems and provide feedback for new
products.  You’ll write sample code and white papers, debug customer code, and
analyze Microsoft source code for beta and deployed technologies.
What do you need?  A bachelor’s or graduate degree in computer
science/engineering or related technical discipline.  Excellent problem-solving
skills and the ability to grasp new technology quickly.  Experience with C/C++
along with knowledge of Internet protocols, operating systems, developer tools
or networking preferred.

·       Systems Engineer (Full-Time Positions Only)     Various cities
throughout the U.S.
As a Microsoft Systems Engineer you’ll help some of the biggest names in
business do business while shaping the future of enterprise computing  and
you’ll do it with the most advanced technology and smartest people in the PC
industry.  Interfacing with top corporate executives at Fortune 1000 companies
and IS Professionals, you’ll articulate Microsoft’s vision, systems and
applications strategies, recommending organization-wide computing solutions
based on Microsoft products.  As part of the Microsoft sales force, you will be
up to date on the latest technical developments in the Microsoft product
lines.  You will play a key role in developing technical sales and support
strategies for all market segments.
What do you need?  A bachelor’s or graduate degree in computer
science/engineering or related technical discipline.  Outstanding presentation
skills.  Knowledge in one or more of the following: databases;
networking/infrastructure; Internet; operating systems.  Knowledge of desktop
applications, messaging, and development tools a plus.

Interested:  Email your resume to [email-masked]

Visit our Website: www.microsoft.com/college/