Subject: The Teradata Discussion Group (TDATA-L)

From: "J Selkie" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 05:46:07 -0500

Hello,

I've recently started a LISTSERV Discussion Group for those people who
have an interest in the Teradata Database (and associated products).  If
you're interested, I would like to invite you to join us.  The LISTSERV
works by e-mail, it is open to anyone with an interest in Teradata and is
without cost.  The list is non-commercial and is supported by me, a
Teradata enthusiast.  The TDATA-L list is a place where people can
exchange information: tips, capacity and performance issues, problems,
speculation or rumors.  It is not open to advertisements or marketing
(although products may be openly discussed).

A person can send an e-mail comment to the LISTSERV, which then
resends that e-mail to all the members.  The turn-around is generally in
a matter of minutes, although it can take longer when the LISTSERV is
overly busy.  Only members of TDATA-L may send e-mail to the
LISTSERV for distribution.

At the moment, this is a new list with very few members and no traffic.  As
our membership grows, the postings will grow as well.  We both hope and
expect the list to have great value as an information resource.  We also
plan on the list to being an enjoyable experience for those of us with a
common interest in Teradata.

If you find that TDATA-L is not what you're looking for, you can
unsubscribe at any time.  The degree to which you participate is strictly
up to you.  You can be full of opinions or simply listen.  If this sounds
interesting to you, please feel free to join us.  If you know others who
would be interested, please feel free to invite them as well.

To solicit members, I did a search on Lycos using the word
'Teradata'.  I then searched each of the URLs that was returned for
names with e-mail addresses.  This is the only time that you will receive
this note from me and I would like to apologize if you object to my
contacting you in this fashion.

If you would like to join, please send an e-mail to:

   [email-masked]

Don't put anything in the Subject line.  As the first line in the body
of the message, put:

   subscribe tdata-l

When you submit your membership, you will receive an e-mail.  When
you receive this note, reply with an 'OK'.  The purpose of this confirmation
note is to assure that you specifically requested membership (no can
register you without your approval) and that the e-mail routing is correct.
If everything works properly, you'll receive a Welcome e-mail with
additional information about your membership (please keep the Welcome
note for future reference).

If this sounds like a place for you, then please join us.