Subject: XML for source code documentation

From: "David E. Bernholdt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 17:11:12 -0500

I'm interested in using XML to markup in-source program documentation
for a large computational chemistry program system (NWChem).  Source
code is primarily Fortran and C for the time being.  I don't want to
go as far as what is usually called "literate programming", just to be
able to extract the marked-up sections from the program source and
turn them into on-line or hardcopy documentation.

Obviously much of this is nothing more than basic XML, but I would
appreciate pointers to anything relevant you may encounter in your web
wanderings.  For example, DTDs for source code documentation, etc.

Thanks
--
David E. Bernholdt                      | Email:  [email-masked]
Northeast Parallel Architectures Center | Phone:  +1 315 443 3857
111 College Place, Syracuse University  | Fax:    +1 315 443 1973
Syracuse, NY 13244-4100                 | URL:    http://www.npac.syr.edu

---

From: "Remek Trzaska" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 18:13:23 -0500

David,

I don't think that's what you really want, but let me bring to your
attention htmlize.el.  Have you heard about it?  Takes your font-locked
buffer from (X)Emacs and builds almost exact replica of it in HTML.

/usr/npac/share/emacs/site-lisp/htmlize.el mounted on O2's

Remek