Subject: New Networking Title From Morgan Kaufmann--Advertisement

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 16:35:40 -0700

---------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE: We are sending you this email because you have requested a related Morgan
Kaufmann textbook.  If you would like to unsubscribe from this list, please send
email to [email-masked]. Thank you!
---------------------------------------------------------------------

We are pleased to announce the publication of:

The Pocket Guide to TCP/IP Sockets: C Version

Authors:  Michael J. Donahoo and Kenneth L. Calvert

Available in time for your Fall 2000 courses, this text is priced at only $14.95
and is an ideal supplement for any networking, operating systems, or distributed
systems course.  Network programming is one of the hottest technical areas today
and with the growth of the Internet, e-commerce and WWW, mastering the sockets
interface is a must for students who want to learn how to write programs that
communicate using the network.

Currently, this is the onlyaffordable book on the market that still provides
students with a solid introduction to socket programming. The Pocket Guide to
TCP/IP Sockets: C Version gives students who are just getting started with an
extremely efficient way to gain the sockets knowledge that the "real world" will
require.

Crafted by two highly experienced networking instructors, this guide consists
mainly of a series of tutorials that helps students learn and practice specific
TCP/IP socket programming techniques.  It also warns of common student errors,
and features a reference section that summarizes the sockets interface.

Please visit the book's Web page at http://www.mkp.com/socket where you will
find the following:

·    Technical information to help students use this book on any platform
·    Sample material from the book available now for you to browse
·    Source code for examples included in the book in both UNIX and Winsock
versions
·    Programming exercises
·    Table of contents
·    Preface

This book will be available in early August.  Please review the online
information that is available now and do let me know if I can put you on a list
to receive an examination copy upon publication.  You can also contact your
textbook representative by visiting our rep locator page at
http://www.mkp.com/academic/index.asp

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
RELATED BOOKS
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer Networks: A Systems Approach, Second Edition
Larry Peterson and Bruce Davie
October 1999, 776 pages, $79.95/ISBN 1-55860-514-2
http://www.mkp.com/pd2e

High Performance Communication Networks, Second Edition
Jean Walrand and Pravin Varaiya
October 1999, 720 pages, $76.95/ISBN 1-55860-574-6
http://www.mkp.com/wv2e

Understanding Networked Applications: A First Course
David G. Messerschmitt
September 1999, 656 pages, $69.95/ISBN 1-55860-537-1
http://www.mkp.com/books_catalog/catalog.asp?ISBN=1-55860-537-1

Switching Networks: Algebraic Principles and Engineering Applications
Forthcoming September 2000, published by Academic Press
Shuo-Yen,  Robert Li
September 2000, $94.95 (tentative)/ISBN 0-12-447181-1
http://www.academicpress.com

(please note, all prices are subject to change)