Subject: New Book Info.

From: Sadiq Sait M <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 16:25:11 +0300 (Saudi Standard Time)

Please find  attached info on our new book. Kindly forward to interested
colleagues. 

Kind  regards.

-Sadiq and Habib

----------------------cut here---------------------------------- 
 
Iterative Computer Algorithms with Applications in Engineering 
(Solving Combinatorial Optimization Problems)  
by Sadiq M. Sait and Habib Youssef
350 pages. 6" x 9" Softcover.  August 1999. ISBN 0-7695-0100-1 
Catalog # BP00100 
$52.00 IEEE Members / $65.00 List 
Available 1 August!
 
Description: 
 
Iterative Computer Algorithms with Applications in Engineering explores
in-depth the five main iterative algorithms for solving hard combinatorial
optimization problems:
 
Simulated Annealing, Genetic Algorithms, Tabu Search, Simulated Evolution,
and Stochastic Evolution. The authors present various iterative techniques
and illustrate how they can be applied to solve several NP-hard problems.
For each algorithm, the authors present the procedures of the algorithm,
parameter selection criteria, convergence property analysis, and
parallelization. There are also several real-world examples that
illustrate various aspects of the algorithms. The book includes an
introduction to fuzzy logic and its application in the formulation of
multi-objective optimization problems, a discussion on hybrid techniques
that combine features of heuristics, a survey of recent research work, and
examples that illustrate required mathematical concepts.
 
Contents: 
Simulated Annealing 
Genetic Algorithms 
Tabu Search 
Simulated Evolution 
Stochastic Evolution 
Hybrids and Other Issues
  
Special Features: 
-- An integrated and up-to-date description of iterative non-deterministic 
    algorithms 
-- Detailed descriptions of Simulated Evolution and Stochastic Evolution
-- A level of treatment suitable for first year graduate student and 
    practicing engineers 
-- Parallelization aspects and particular parallel implementations 
-- A brief survey of recent research work 
-- Graded exercises and an annotated bibliography in each chapter 
 
About the Authors: 
 
Sadiq M. Sait is a Professor, in the Department of Computer Engineering of
King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM). Sait has authored
over 85 research papers in International Journals and Conferences. Habib
Youssef is currently an Associate Professor of Computer Engineering at
KFUPM. Habib Youssef has authored more than 45 journal and conference
papers. Sait and Youssef co-authored the book "VLSI Physical Design
Automation: Theory and Practice", published by McGraw-Hill, Europe, 1995.

                           \o///
                         \  - -  //
                          (  @ @  )
+-----------------------oOOo-(_)-oOOo----------------------------------+
o   Dr. Sadiq M. Sait                 + Tel: 966-3-860-2217 (Off)
o   Professor                         + Tel: 966-3-860-6665 (Res)
o   Department of Computer Engg       + Fax: 966-3-860-2366 (Fax-1)
o   King Fahd University of           + Fax: 966-3-860-3059 (Fax-2)
o      Petroleum & Minerals           + Fax: 966-3-860-2217 (Fax-3)
o   Dhahran-31261, Saudi Arabia       + e-mail-1: [email-masked]
o                                     + e-mail-2: [email-masked]
o                                     + http://www.orblink.com/com/kfupm/sait
+--------------------------------Oooo----------------------------------+
                         oooO   (   )
                        (   )    ) /
                         \ (    (_/
                          _)