Subject: Computer-Aided Scheduling of Public Transport

From: Anthony Wren <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 14:18:54 +0100

CASPT 2000
8th International Conference on
Computer-Aided Scheduling of Public Transport

Berlin
June 21-23, 2000

PURPOSE
This will be the eighth in a series of workshops and conferences
presenting recent research and progress in computer-aided
scheduling in pas-senger transport. Previous workshops and
confe-rences were held in Chicago (1975), Leeds (1980), Montreal
(1983 and 1990), Hamburg (1987), Lisbon (1993) and Boston (1997).
These workshops and conferences were focused on public
transport, and while this will remain the primary focus of the
2000 conference, it will also include computer-aided scheduling
methods being developed and applied in related passenger
transport systems, such as airlines and railways.

The conference is addressed to individuals from transport
operators, academic institutions and consulting firms who are
involved in research, development or utilization of
computer-aided scheduling in public transport. Past attendance
has been equally divided among these three groups.

IMPORTANT DATES

Abstracts: December 31, 1999

Papers: April 15, 2000

Extended abstracts which include problem description, research
approach and contribution (about 2 doublespaced page), must be
received electronically (MS Word file) no later than December 31,
1999.

Abstracts should be submitted by e-mail to
 [email-masked]

Papers will be selected for presentation based on these extended
abstracts, with notification by mid-February. For those selected,
full papers (up to 30 pages including figures and tables) must be
received electronically (MS Word file) no later than April 15,
2000.

REGISTRATION FEE:   Euro 250.00
After APRIL 15, 2000:    Euro 280.00

SUGGESTED TOPICS

The following topics are suggested, any of which could relate to
public transport:

* Information management (basic data manage-ment, automated data
collection methods, dynamic and static passenger information
etc.)
* Planning (network and route planning, schedule synchronization,
information systems etc.)
* Vehicle scheduling (fleet minimization, vehicle assignment,
flexible route scheduling etc.)
* Crew scheduling and rostering (crew cost mini-mization,
rostering, workforce planning etc.)
* Vehicle monitoring (real-time control, decision support
systems, vehicle monitoring systems etc.)
* Experiences (implementation experiences, labor/ management
negotiations on work rules and pay provisions, impacts of
deregulation and privatization)
* General (large scale optimization methods etc.)

PROCEEDINGS
Selected refereed papers will be published in book form by an
international publisher after the conference.

DEMONSTRATIONS
Opportunities will be provided for demonstration of software
tools related to the topics mentioned above.
Those who are interested should contact the orga-nizing committee
for further details.

ORGANIZATION COMMITTEE
Joachim R. Daduna
Stefan Vo

PROGRAM COMMITTEE
Joachim R. Daduna, Chairman (Germany)
Raymond E.K. Kwan (United Kingdom)
Avi Ceder (Israel)
Uwe Pape (Germany)
Jean-Marc Rousseau (Canada)
Paolo Toth (Italy)
Stefan Vo, Chairman (Germany)
Nigel H. Wilson (USA)
CONFERENCE PLACE
Konrad-Adenauer-Foundation
Berlin Office
Tiergartenstrae 35
D - 10785 Berlin

ADDRESS FOR CONFERENCE ARRANGEMENTS
and
PROGRAM CORRESPONDENCE

8th International Conference on
Computer-Aided Scheduling of Public Transport

Prof. Dr. Joachim R. Daduna
Fachhochschule fr Wirtschaft Berlin
Badensche Strae 50-51
D - 10825 Berlin, Germany
phone: +49 - 30 - 85789 - 114
fax:  +49 - 30 - 85789 - 199
e-mail: [email-masked]
or
Prof. Dr. Stefan Vo
WINFORMS
Technische Universitt Braunschweig
Abt-Jerusalem-Strae 7
D - 38106 Braunschweig, Germany
phone: +49 - 531 - 391 - 3210
fax:  +49 - 531 - 391 - 8144
e-mail: [email-masked]

WWW-ADDRESS: http://www.winforms.phil.tu-bs.de/caspt/

Anthony Wren                       			
				email: [email-masked] 
Professor of Scheduling and
   Constraint Management      	Phone: +44-113-233-5481
School of Computer Studies   	Fax:   +44-113-233-5468
University of Leeds
Leeds LS2 9JT                   Home:  +44-1423-870881
UK

http://www.scs.leeds.ac.uk/staff/wren.html