Subject: ATPPC2000: Call for Participation

From: Marco Taisch <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 18:33:40 +0100

Dear Colleague,

on behalf of the IFIP WG5.7 Special Interest Group on Advanced Techniques in
Production Planning & Control (ATPPC),
it is my pleasure to invite you to join the 
    ************************************************************
          
        ATPPC 2000: Third International Workshop of the
        IFIP WG5.7 SPECIAL INTEREST GROUP on
        ADVANCED TECHNIQUES IN PRODUCTION PLANNING & CONTROL

                 SPECIAL SESSION ON AUTONOMOUS AGENTS

                        24-25 February 2000 
                University of Florence, Florence, Italy
     ************************************************************

The preliminary agenda, registration, hotel reservation, and additional
information on the saturday tour and accompanying persons can be viewed from
the workshop web site at

http://www.ecopro.polimi.it/sig

The general topic of the workshop is the application of Advanced Techniques
(i.e. Autonomous Agents, Artificial Neural Networks, Genetic Algorithms,
Chaos Theory, Fuzzy Logic, Automatic Production Control, Simulated
Annealing, Tabu Search, hybrid tools integrating different techniques, etc.)
to the Production Planning & Control domain. Special attention is devoted to
those works proposing a new approach to solve the traditional PP&C problems
thanks to the potentialities offered by the advanced techniques with respect
to the traditional ones. 
The main topics are applications of the advanced techniques to the following
areas: Inventory control, lot-sizing, loading, dispatching and scheduling,
group technology and cell formation, order releasing, multi-site production,
production control based on control theory and other topics related to  the
PP&C domain.

INVITED PAPERS

        * Prof. Paul VALCKENAERS, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
        Emergent manufacturing control using on a pheromone distribution
mechanism

ACCEPTED PAPERS

        * P. Van Bael and M. Rijckaert 
        Specific knowledge of the job shop scheduling problem incorporated 
        in local search, how good is it?

        * A. R. Clark 
        A Local Search Approach to Lot Sequencing and Sizing
        
        * G.C. Maccarrini, G. Valentini and L. Zavanella
        Improving the Simulation of Manufacturing Systems: the Implementation 
        of Hybrid Simulation and Fuzzy Logic

        * M.G. Gnoni, R. Iavagnilio, G. Mossa, G. Mummolo 
        Solving a lot sizing and scheduling problem using a hybrid model

        * J.M van de Mortel-Fronczak and J.E. Rooda
        Agent-based control of a lithoshop - A simulation study

        * S. Cavalieri and V. Cesarotti 
        A Multi-Agent Model for Coordinated Supply Chain Planning

        * F. Lopes, N. Mamede, A.Q. Novais and H. Coelho
        Integrating Planning and Negotiation in a Multi-Agent Supply Chain
System

        *A. G. Bruzzone
        Applied Neural Networks for Improving Production Capabilities 
        
        *J.W. Breithaupt
        An advanced Backlog and Utilisation Controller for Automatic
Production Control
        
        *M. Tucci, M. Rapaccini, E. Cheli and G. Bettini 
        Toward integrated simulators. First step: please pass the data	

        *H.-H. Wiendahl and J.Pirron
        New Paradigms for PPC Methods in Dynamic Manufacturing Sys-tems

WORKSHOP ORGANIZERS

        *Prof. Marco Garetti, Dept. of Economics and Production, Polytechnic
of Milan
        *Prof. Mario Tucci, Dept. of Energetics, University of Florence 	
        *Ing. Marco Taisch, Dept. of Economics and Production, Polytechnic
of Milan
        *Ing. Gianni Bettini, Dept. of Energetics, University of Florence 	

WORKSHOP WEB SITE

http://www.ecopro.polimi.it/sig

Please forward this e-mail to colleagues and students
within your organization, or submit it to relevant listservers.
I apologize if you receive this message more than once, due to
the use of multiple listservers.

Best Regards,

Marco Taisch
(SIG activity coordinator)