Subject: Y2K readiness for NPAC PC systems

From: "Neil Jasper" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 10:08:29 -0400

ATTENTION:

Once again I will present to you the need to schedule
your workstation and/or laptop for "Year 2000 readiness"
evaluation.  I know that many of you are operating on
Systems and application software that is NOT compliant
for Year 2000 issues.  I have posted on the door of room
3-217 a variety of Microsoft Software compliance statements
that will give you some idea as to the issues involved to make
your system continues operating past January 1, 2000.

This will occur in ONLY 72 days!

For more detailed descriptions of Year 2000 issues on all of
Microsoft's products go to the following Website:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/year2k/product/product.asp

For all application software, go to the website for that software
manufacturer
and verify that you are running compliant programs.  If you find a product
that you are running that is NOT compliant, send me an email with the
product name, current version number and website address identifying
the problem of non-Compliance.  If  NPAC elects to continue with
this product an upgrade may be acquired.

You must take the responsibility to arrange a schedule with me to
verify that your system is up to date and or to bring your system into
specification before December 1,1999.

For those of you with systems at your homes, you must give me the BIOS
type, (i.e. AWARD BIOS), and the version number.  This information
can be seen as you boot the system.  I also need to know what manufacturer
and processor (MHz) speed you have.

Neil D. Jasper
Data Systems Administrator
Syracuse University-NPAC
111 College Place, Room 3-217
Syracuse, New York  13244

Phone:  (315) 443-4557
Fax:      (315) 443-1973
email:    [email-masked]