Subject: [AvantSoft, Inc: AvantSoft's Java & Distributed Object Technology 1998 Program] (fwd)

From: Saleh Elmohamed <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 11:26:47 -0400 (EDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 98 20:20:34 EST
From: Carlos R. P. Hartmann <hartmann@top>
To: d1-fac@ecs, cis_grads@top, ece_grads@cat, cse_grads@neptune, heads@ecs
Subject: [AvantSoft, Inc: AvantSoft's Java & Distributed Object Technology 1998 Program]

----- Forwarded message # 1:

Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 14:10:51 -0800 (PST)
To: [email-masked]
From: "AvantSoft, Inc" <[email-masked]>
Subject: AvantSoft's Java & Distributed Object Technology 1998 Program

*** PLEASE POST/DISTRIBUTE TO FACULTY and STUDENTS ***

Call for Participation by AvantSoft, Inc. (www.avantsoft.com)

-------------------------------------------------------------
AvantSoft's Java & Distributed Object Technology 1998 Program
-------------------------------------------------------------

AvantSoft, Inc. is a leading provider of high quality training and 
consulting on the latest technologies of Java, client/server, 
distributed objects, internet and enterprise solutions. 
Join our exciting Java Technology program starting Summer 1998 
to work and interact with other experts involved in exploring 
technology breakthroughs in the field. 
You can participate in one of the many subprograms listed below.

The subprograms A-E have the following common features in varying 
degrees: 

1. State-of-the-art technology exploration in Java and distributed 
   objects. Topics include but are not restricted to Java, CORBA, 
   DCOM, RMI, JDBC, JNDI, JavaBeans, Java IDEs, Enterprise 
   applications development, Security, Servlets, JFC & Swing, Java 
   Commerce, Java Telephony.

2. Development of  prototypes demonstrating successful application 
   of technology. Teaching and/or development of high quality, 
   intermediate to advanced level, one to five day course material.

3. Writing of research reports.

4. Challenging environment and interaction with highly motivated 
   Java experts.

5. Student interns available for software and course 
   development assistance.

6. Excellent remuneration and benefits.

Subprograms are:

(A) Summer Residency Program
    ------------------------
    For faculty and experts. Engage in a variety of tasks involving 
    technology exploration, course development, and teaching.

(B) Contract Teaching Program
    -------------------------
    For faculty and experts. Engage only in teaching high quality 
    AvantSoft's courses.

(C) Summer Internship Program
    -------------------------
    For graduate students who have excellent Java foundation and OO 
    programming skills and want to further their practical experience. 

(D) Distinguished Speaker Program
    -----------------------------
    For distinguished faculty who are abreast with the latest Java 
    and competitive technologies and would like to give short 
    presentations on an advanced Java topic.

(E) One-year Residency Program
    --------------------------
    For faculty and students who want to want to stay on at 
    AvantSoft beyond Summer and want to gain valuable experience in 
    exploring and teaching upcoming Java technologies.

Requirements:
-------------
1. Applicants must have solid Java foundation and experience.
2. For teaching positions, applicants must also have excellent 
   teaching experience.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Send resumes (mention subprogram name) to: AvantSoft, Inc., San Jose,CA 
Fax: (408) 445-8282 (preferred), Email: [email-masked]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

----- End of forwarded messages