Subject: Another Java list/meeting

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 11:50:06 -0800

A mailing list for "Java Tool Development in Scientific 
Visualization and Analysis" has been established.  The list 
has an orientation toward earth system science and
Earth Observing System (EOS) applications.

To subscribe, send email to:
      [email-masked] 
with the first line of the body of the message reading 
      subscribe jsvml 
or 
      subscribe jsvml 'your_email@address_here'  .

This group is sponsoring a one-day meeting at JPL: "Java Tools
for Scientific Analysis", coincidentally on November 19.
The meeting will be multicast on the MBONE.
The morning session consists of presentations: 
   WebWinds, Earth Science Remote Access Tool, HDF Java Tools, 
   EOSView, subsetting HDF, and Alexandria Digital Library.  
The afternoon session consists of discussions:
   architectures (e.g. Web Server/applets, more general client-
   server, client only, roving agents....), software 
   functionality, user requirements, development environments, 
   target customers and platforms, collaboration, and standards. 

More info on the meeting is at:
      http://linkwinds.jpl.nasa.gov/announce.html

Rob Raskin
[email-masked]