Subject: Complex and pure Java Math classes

From: John Brophy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 13:08:52 -0500

I have update our web site at
	http://www.vni.com/corner/garage/grande/index.html
to include results from Java research projects at Visual Numerics.

The three components being released are:

1) A proposed reference implementation for complex numbers and
special functions. Complete source to these classes is included.

2) A Java compiler that allows infix operations on Complex
numbers. This compiler, called Zeta, is based on the IBM Jikes
compiler. Jikes is an open source Java compiler from IBM written
in C++. Currently, only a Windows 95/98/NT binary of this
compiler is being distributed.

3) A pure Java implementation of the class java.lang.Math.
Sun's JDK 1.2 implementation of this class uses native method
calls to a C the library fdlibm. The class JMath contains
translations of the functions from fdlibm into pure Java.
Complete source to JMath is included.

See our web site for more details and to download the release.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

				John Brophy
				Visual Numerics
				[email-masked]