Subject: Tutorial 1 at JavaGrande

From: [email-masked] (Omer F Rana)
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 17:25:13 +0100 (BST)

Hi,		

	Extension to Tutorial 1 at JavaGrande

If you are coming to JavaGrande -- I have decided to expand Tutorial 1
to include more general aspects of Agent based computing, in addition to
programming `Mobile Objects' and `Mobile Agents' in Java. If you are interested
in finding out more about Agents and programming Agents in Java, you 
may be interested in attending this tutorial. 

The tooklits covered in this tutorial include:

o	Aglets  	from IBM Research
o	Voyager		from ObjectSpace
o	JKQML		from IBM Research
o	AgentBuilder	from Reticular Systems

I am told that you can also register for the tutorial on the day. 
The tutorial will also cover -- briefly -- work of FIPA and Standardisation
efforts in Agents -- such as MASIF/MAF and FIPA ACL, and work of the 
European AgentLink network, of which Cardiff is a member.

regards
Omer

-- 
work:+44 (0)1222-875542 / otherwise:+44 0956-299981 / parallel and scientific 
computing group / room S2.03 / dept of computer science / university of wales
- cardiff / po box 916 / cardiff cf2 3xf / uk / email: [email-masked]