Subject: DOGMA 0.5 / MPIJ

From: Glenn Michael Judd <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 1998 22:57:08 MST

I am pleased to announce the release of DOGMA 0.5 with MPIJ for 
Windows NT and Windows 95 (Unix versions will be released in
the near future).

This is the first public release of the DOGMA system.  DOGMA is 
a Java-based parallel computing environment with a graphical
system management interface.  This version features MPIJ
which allows programs to be written using both an MPI API based 
on MPI's C binding (to facilitate conversion of C programs
to Java) as well as DOGMA's distributed object groups.

Please see the DOGMA homepage at http://ccc.cs.byu.edu/DOGMA/
for downloading information.

Future releases will incorporate several features now functioning
in a development setting including: browser participation, screen
saver based nodes, and faster communication.  (Using the faster 
communication, MPIJ has achieved bandwidths around 85Mbps.  This
has allowed MPIJ to outperform both WinMPI/CH as well as PVM 3.4
for Windows for some medium to fine grained applications on multiple
nodes). 

As DOGMA 0.5 is a beta release, I would appreciate any
feedback you might have.

Glenn Judd
[email-masked]