Subject: Java Grande Forum, May 9/10, Palo Alto

From: George Thiruvathukal <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 08:37:39 -0500

This is a repeat mailing of the Java Grande Forum meeting announcement.

For those of you who have not yet pre-registered by e-mail, please let me
know whether you are attending at your earliest convenience.

If you are planning on attending, please contact the Hyatt to make 
reservations now.

This announcement and other relevant info can be found at 
	http://www.jhpc.org/grande/

Regards,
George K. Thiruvathukal

--- Previous Announcement ---

The next Java Grande Forum will be held on May 9/10 (Saturday/Sunday) in
Palo Alto, California at the Hyatt. The complete address and contact
information is below:

Hyatt Rickey's in Palo Alto
4219 El Camino Real
Palo, Alto, CA 94306
Phone: 650-493-8000
Fax:   650-424-0836

Room Rate: $135/night

A block of 30 rooms has been set aside for Java Grande Forum attendees.
You will need to mention Java Grande/Sun Micro when making reservations to
ensure a room at this rate.

If you do plan to attend, it is absolutely necessary to pre-register as
well. We need this information to ensure adequate accommodations, plan
meals, etc. You need to let me know whether you plan to attend. Limited
travel support is available for academics, which means faculty and
research scientists at academic institutions.

We have also established a preliminary agenda. If you have any suggestions
for improvement, please forward them to me.

*** Web Site ***

Updated information will be posted to http://www.jhpc.org/grande. Please
visit this web site for the latest agenda and detailed information about
the Java Grande Forum and workshops.

Day 1: May 9, 1998

8:30 a.m. Industry Update: Compilers
	Compiler Talk, IBM Watson Research
	Compiler Talk, Sun Microsystems
	Other talks TBA

10:30 a.m. 100% Pure Java: Coffee break

11:00 a.m. The Grande Forum: Overview and Process
	Geoffrey C. Fox and George K. Thiruvathukal

Lunch

1:15 p.m. Working Groups Breakout Sessions

4:00 p.m. Report to Forum

6:00 p.m. Steering Committee Dinner
	Planning of Java Grande Workshop 99
		(the follow-on to Java '98, 2/28/98 - 3/1/98, Palo Alto)
	Java Grande meeting schedule/venue?

Day 2: May 10, 1998

8:30 a.m. Project Updates
	Java projects not presented at Java '98
	John Brophy, Visual Numerics

10:30 a.m. 100% Pure Java: Coffee break

11:00 a.m. Deconflicting/Normalization of Working Groups
	Facilitator, George K. Thiruvathukal
	Numerics chairs (Roldan Pozo)
	P&DC chairs (Dennis Gannon, Denis Caromel)

	The goal of this session will be to establish the rudiments of a
	single white paper on Java Grande and identify action items.

Lunch

1:15 p.m. Project Plan and Next Meeting Goals
	Geoffrey C. Fox and George K. Thiruvathukal