Subject: material for a seminar course

From: Gagan Agrawal <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 14:22:26 -0500

Hello,
       I am planning to offer a seminar class  next semester on 
Java compilation, software tools and applications (basically, 
issues related to Java outside web).  I have got some material 
from the  2 Java-for-cse workshops held over last two years, 
but I will appreciate pointers to papers and reports from the 
readers of this mailing list.  I am attaching the current 
outline of my class, I will appreciate suggestions for other topics 
and pointers to material. 

 Course Outline:
    1. Java language concepts (very brief overview)
    2. Design of initial Java interpreters
    3. Java compilers
    4. High level optimization of Java  code
    5. Java byte code optimizations
    6. Software tools for Java
    7. High Performance Computing Using Java
    8. Other Java applications --  ??
    9. Other issues - ?? 

 thanks a lot !!

 -- gagan