Subject: Where are we ? Java for Scientific Computing

From: Geoffrey Fox <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 10:05:41 -0400

1)The 30 final papers for Proceedings of June 21 Las Vegas Meeting 
are available in Postscript form from:
http://www.npac.syr.edu/users/gcf/03/javaforcse/acmspecissue/latestpapers.html
Publication should be November 1997

2)I have reserved time on Wednesday Nov 19,1997 for a Birds of a Feather Session in
this area at SC97. What we will do awaits comments/monitoring progress!

3) Klaus Schauser is looking into possibility of holding a third conference/workshop
in sequence Syracuse(dec 96) Las Vegas(june 97) ?(late 97/early 98)
 Both NSF and JavaSoft have expressed interest in this

4)Sun is setting up some small meetings to discuss how Java can if necessary be changed
to enhance use in Science and Engineering Computation.

5)I wrote a summary of June 21 Discussion at
http://www.npac.syr.edu/projects/javaforcse/june21summary.html
Please send me any comments

Thank you

Geoffrey Fox  [email-masked],   http://www.npac.syr.edu 
Phone 3154432163 (Npac central 3154431723) Fax 3154434741