Subject: Some Links of interest - Java for CSE

From: Ronald Michaels <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 19:15:25 +0000

Hi - 

Due to popular request (one person), I am posting some links on Java for
numerical computation as well as some general links for Java newbies
such as myself.  Regarding my recent question regarding complex numbers,
the JNL seems to be the best bet for the moment.  There is a Java
Numerical Toolkit under development which currently serves only doubles.

If I have left out your favourite site, please add it on.

{new Java(Ron);-)   ...

numerical stuff:
http://www.vni.com/products.wpd/jnl/ for the java numerical library
http://java.wiwi.uni-frankfurt.de     for Java source code examples
http://www1.fpl.fs.fed.us/poster897.html   for many interesting links
http://www.efd.lth.se/~d93hb/java/printf/   which is a *full* printf
lava at http://un.cs.byu.edu/~sharky/software/lava
http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/conferences/java98 , especially the paper by
Boisvert,
Dongarra, et al - the pdf version would not print right for me
http://math.nist.gov/jnt/ for Java numerical toolkit
http://www.npac.syr.edu/projects/javaforcse/  links to conferences and
papers

some general stuff:
http://www.eckelobjects.com/javabook.html to download Thinking in Java
book (you might even want to buy it)
http://docs.sun.com:80/ab2/java1/@Ab2CollToc?subject=java for Sun
documentation
http://java.sun.com:80/docs/index.html for Sun documentation, download
Java Tutorial very handy basic guide, no pun intended
http://www.blackdown.org/java-linux.html  Java Development Kit for Linux
http://www.javaworld.com/  e-zine with a new tutorial series on Java
-- 
Ronald Michaels                [email-masked]
714 Burnett Station Rd.        423 573-4049
Seymour, TN 37865