Subject: General Availability of the Colt V1.0.1 distribution

From: Wolfgang Hoschek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 00:47:47 +0200

This is to announce the General Availability of the Colt V1.0.1
distribution.

Version 1.0.1 is here - and just broke the 200Mflop barrier. Due too
further library tuning, benchmarks now show the 100% pure Java
matrix-matrix and matrix-vector multiply running only about 2.5 times
slower than the algorithms from the Intel Math Kernel Library. The
latter is essentially beautifully hand crafted assembler code taking
full advantage of the PentiumIII specific architecture and instruction
set.

Check out the online documentation and/or download at
http://nicewww.cern.ch/~hoschek/colt/index.htm

Please find Release Notes at
http://nicewww.cern.ch/~hoschek/colt/V1.0.0/doc/cern/colt/doc-files/relnotes.html

Scope
=====
The Colt distribution provides an open source infrastructure for
scalable scientific and technical computing in Java. It contains, among
others, efficient and usable data structures and algorithms for Off-line
and On-line Data Analysis, Linear Algebra, Multi-dimensional arrays,
Statistics, Histogramming, Monte Carlo Simulation, Parallel & Concurrent
Programming. 
             
Regards,
Wolfgang Hoschek.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Wolfgang Hoschek     | e-mail: [email-masked]
CERN IT Division     | phone:  +41 (22) 767 8089
European Laboratory  | fax:    +41 (22) 767 7155 
for Particle Physics | home:   http://www.cern.ch/CERN/Divisions/EP/HL
----------------------------------------------------------------------