Subject: Complex Numbers

From: Ronald Michaels <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 19:35:59 +0000

Is there life in java-for-cse?  I have found out more interesting stuff
in the last few days than in a long time.

Is anyone doing anything with complex numbers?  I have the Java
Numerical Library and I am using their complex number classes and their
complex SVD on a neural network problem.  Any comments on this library,
or alternatives would be appreciated, especially from someone doing
complex number applications.

My interests in Java are primarily those of a hobbyist at the moment -
although, I would accept money to do it!  

I look forward to continued improvements in Java.

Thanks 

new Java(Ron);-)

-- 
Ronald Michaels                [email-masked]
714 Burnett Station Rd.        423 573-4049
Seymour, TN 37865

---

From: "George K. Thiruvathukal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 18:21:20 -0600

Hi Ronald,

Of course there's still life in Java for CSE!

We just completed a highly successful conference (ACM Java '98) at Stanford
U. Check http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/conferences/java98 for the final program,
all papers, and information about the Java Grande Forum. I think you'll
find these pages very interesting.

Regarding complex numbers, this issue was addressed by the keynote speakers
and in the Java Grande Forum discussions (language issues).

-George