Subject: CFP - Special Issue of JPDC - Java on Clusters

From: Geoffrey Fox <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 20:21:34 -0500

>From java-for-cse-owner  Sun Oct 31 09:41:03 1999
Received: from d12lmsgate-2.de.ibm.com (d12lmsgate-2.de.ibm.com [195.212.91.200
])
	by postoffice.npac.syr.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id JAA16335
	for <[email-masked]>; Sun, 31 Oct 1999 09:41:00 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
C125681B.005097F1 ; Sun, 31 Oct 1999 15:40:17 +0100
X-Lotus-FromDomain: IBMIL@IBMDE
To: [email-masked]
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 16:40:11 +0200
Subject: Reminder - CFP - Special Issue of JPDC - Java on Clusters
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-8
Content-Disposition: inline
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
X-MIME-Autoconverted: from quoted-printable to 8bit by postoffice.npac.syr.edu 
id JAA16337

                                Please Publicize

                                CALL FOR PAPERS

                              Special Issue of the
                   Journal of Parallel Distributed Computing

                                Java on Clusters
                      ------------------------------------

Papers are solicited for a special issue of the Journal of Parallel and
Distributed Computing (JPDC) tentatively scheduled to be published in July 2000
.
The focus of the special issue is the meeting of two technologies: Java and
Cluster Computing. Java technology is maturing and is becoming the technology o
f
choice in designing server middleware and applications. The availability of
high-speed networks and increasingly powerful commodity microprocessors are
making the usage of cluster servers, or networks of computers an appealing
vehicle for cost effective concurrent computing.

The recent interests in Enterprise Java Technology, Cluster Computing and
Network-based Computing have spurred research interests in Java on clusters.
This special issue of JPDC is targeted to include a collection of original
unpublished research articles that describe recent advances in Java on clusters
and Network-Based Computing. Topics of interests include (but are not limited
to):

   w  Cluster middleware support for enterprise Java applications:
     §    Single System Image infrastructure
     §    System availability infrastructure
     §    Issues in building scalable services
     §    Data distribution and load balancing
     §    Scheduling and global resource management
   w  Programming paradigms/environment for Java applications that exploit
   clusters
   w  Performance evaluation/tuning of Java server applications
   w  Enterprise JavaBeans cluster servers
   w  Java Virtual Machines that exploit clusters
   w  Java specific communication protocols
   w  Distributed garbage collection
   w  Tools for deploying, operating and managing Java applications on clusters
   w  Compiler, operating system and architecture support for Java computing on
   clusters

Papers of experimental or theoretical nature will be considered. Authors should
follow the JPDC manuscript format as described in the "Information for Authors"
at the end of each issue of JPDC. Authors should submit their papers by Novembe
r
15, 1999.  The review decision will be sent to the authors by February 10, 2000
.
The journal version will be reviewed as per JPDC review process for special
issues.

Authors are encouraged to submit their paper electronically to the guest editor
.
Electronic submissions must be in the form of a readable Postscript (.ps) or
Acrobat (.pdf) file, formated to print on 8.5 x 11 inch (letter size) paper.
Hard copy submissions are also permitted and, like electronic submissions, must
be received by the above deadline.  Send six copies of the manuscript to the
guest editor.
=================================================================
Guest Editor:
     Eliezer Dekel
     IBM Research Laboratory in Haifa
     MATAM-Advanced Technology Center
     Haifa 31905
     Israel

     E-mail: [email-masked]
     Tel:   +972-4-829-6234
     Fax:   +972-4-829-6114
************************************************************************
Important dates:
     Paper submission:                        November 15, 1999
     Notification of acceptance/rejection:              February 10, 2000
     Final version of paper:                       March 10, 2000
     Tentative publication date:                   July 2000
************************************************************************

------- End of Forwarded Message