Subject: Re:

From: "Dr. Ranjan Sen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 17:19:01 -0500

Hi, I would appreciate your suggestions about appropriate texts for CS1
( first Computer Science) course in  B.S in Computer Science majors in
which JAVA is used. 

R.K.Sen

---

From: "George K. Thiruvathukal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 1998 16:24:08 -0600

I've seen this book called "Java Gently," which is a book we are using
here for our first course in CS and Java. The author is Judy Bishop, I
believe. It's an excellently written text with good pedagogy.

---

From: [email-masked] (Omer F Rana)
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 11:32:41 +0000 (GMT)

} 
} Hi, I would appreciate your suggestions about appropriate texts for CS1
} ( first Computer Science) course in  B.S in Computer Science majors in
} which JAVA is used. 
} 
} 
} R.K.Sen
} 

Hi,

We have started using Java as the first language -- based on experiences
at MIT. Please contact Ralph Martin ([email-masked]) -- who is teaching
the course.

regards
Omer

-- 
                 (work:01222 875542)(play:0956-299-981)
      room s/2.03, dept of computer science, university of wales - cardiff,
                         po box 916, cardiff cf2 3xf, uk