Subject: Call for Participation: Agent based HPC

From: [email-masked] (Omer F Rana)
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 16:35:23 +0100 (BST)

We would welcome participation at our workshop on `Agent based HPC' at
the `Autonomous Agents99' conference. Details of the workshop and
conference are on the web site at:

http://www.cs.cf.ac.uk/User/O.F.Rana/agents99/

The discussion sessions will form an integral part of the workshop, and
our intention is to produce a first stab at a proposal document for the 
use of agents in HPC to be circulated within the agents community at the
first instance. 

regards
Omer

	=============================================================

				PROGRAMME

                  Agent based High Performance Computing
           ``Problem Solving Applications and Practical Deployment''

		http://www.cs.cf.ac.uk/User/O.F.Rana/agents99/

                                     at
                             Autonomous Agents99
                          Seattle, Washington, USA
                              May 1, 1999
  ------------------------------------------------------------------------

  9:15     Welcome and Introduction     Kate Stout, David Kotz, Omer Rana

  ------------------------------------------------------------------------

                  Session 1:                          Chair:
               Deploying Agents                     Kate Stout

	       -----------------------------------------------

                                           Craig Thompson, Tom Bannon,
  9:30      Agents for the Masses        Paul Pazandak, and Venu Vasudevan
                                          Object Services and Consulting,
                                                       Inc.

  ------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                     D. Moore
                                              AT&T Laboratories, USA
          Control and Management in a
 10:00           Mobile Agent                  S. Foster, B. Nebesh
            Workflow Architecture           Department of Defense, USA

                                                    M. Flester
                                              RABA Technologies, USA

  ------------------------------------------------------------------------

 10:30              Break

  ------------------------------------------------------------------------

         Robustness and Scalability in
                 Large Agent
 11:00        System Deployment:                    Amy Unruh
             Lessons Learned from                    MCC, USA
                  InfoSleuth

  ------------------------------------------------------------------------

                  Session 2:
             Agents in Distributed                   Chairs:
                  Computing                  David Kotz and Omer Rana

              -----------------------------------------------

                                        R Ghanea-Hercock, J. C. Collis and
 11:30   Heterogeneous Mobile Agents               D. T. Ndumu
          for Distributed Processing
                                               BT Laboratories, UK

  ------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                        C. Muthukrishnan and Suresh T. B.
 12:00     A Multi-Agent Approach to      Indian Institute of Technology,
            Distributed Computing
                                                  Madras, India

  ------------------------------------------------------------------------

 12:30              Lunch

  ------------------------------------------------------------------------

               Panel Session A:
 13:30       "Real World issues in      Led by Kate Stout, Sun Microsystems
             implementing agents"

  ------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                        A. Bivens, L. Gao, M. Hulber and B.
 14:00  Agent Based Network Monitoring              Szymanski
                                         Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute,
                                                       USA

  ------------------------------------------------------------------------

                  Session 3:                          Chair:
                 Applications                      David Walker

              -----------------------------------------------

             Agent Middleware for                   Shirun Ho
 14:30            Scientific            Central Research Lab, Hitachi Ltd,
          Heterogeneous Simulations                   Japan

  ------------------------------------------------------------------------

         The Design of Software Agents     P. Tsompanopoulou, L. Boloni,
 15:00               for                     D.Marinescu and J. Rice
           a Network of PDE Solvers           Purdue University, USA

  ------------------------------------------------------------------------

 15:30              Break

  ------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                 W-S Chen, C. Lin
                                         National Chung-Hsing University,
                                                   Taiwan, ROC
 16:00    A Ray Tracing Mobile Agent
                                                    Y.N. Lien
                                           National Chengchi University,
                                                   Taiwan, ROC

  ------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                              Led by: Kate Stout, Sun
                                                Microsystems, USA
 16:30         Panel Session B:         David Kotz, Dartmouth College, USA
                   Wrap Up              Omer Rana, Cardiff University, UK

  ------------------------------------------------------------------------

 18:00         End of Workshop

  ------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- 
work:+44 (0)1222-875542 / otherwise:+44 0956-299981 / parallel and scientific 
computing group / room S2.03 / dept of computer science / university of wales
- cardiff / po box 916 / cardiff cf2 3xf / uk / email: [email-masked]