Subject: IEEE Workshop on Cluster Computing

From: Rajkumar Buyya <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 22:02:37 +1000 (EST)

Call for Papers

        1st IEEE International Workshop on Cluster Computing (IWCC'99)

	    http://www.dgs.monash.edu.au/~rajkumar/tfcc/IWCC99/

                    Melbourne, Australia, Dec. 2 , 1999
           (In conjunction with PART '99 - Nov. 29 - Dec. 1, 1999)

            Sponsored by the IEEE Computer Society, through the
                   Task Force on Cluster Computing (TFCC)

            Co-sponsored by:
		     MPI Software Technology, Inc., USA
		     Asian Technology Information Program (ATIP), Japan
		     Genias Software, Germany
  ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Call For Participation

The International Workshop on Cluster Computing (IWCC'99) will be held in
Melbourne, Australia on Dec. 2, 1999. IWCC'99 is associated with the PART
'99, The 6th Autralasian Conference on Parallel and Real-Time Systems.
IWCC'99 is sponsored by the IEEE Computer Society, through the Task Force on
Cluster Computing (TFCC).

The availability of high-speed networks and increasingly powerful commodity
microprocessors are making the usage of clusters, or networks, of computers
an appealing vehicle for cost effective parallel computing. Clusters, built
using commodity-of-the-shelf (COTS) hardware components as well as free, or
commonly used, software, are playing a major role in redefining the concept
of supercomputing.

Cluster computing systems range from diverse elements within a single
computer to co-ordinated, geographically distributed machines with different
architectures. A cluster computing system provides a variety of capabilities
that can be orchestrated to execute multiple tasks with varied computational
requirements. Applications in these environments achieve performance by
exploiting the affinity of different tasks to different computational
platforms or paradigms, while considering the overhead of inter-task
communication and the co-ordination of distinct data sources and/or
administrative domains.

IWCC is an international meeting on Cluster Computing and will serve as a
forum to present the latest work by international researchers and developers
as well as highlight activities in this area around Asia Pacific rim. The
topics of interest include, but are not limited to, are:

   * Cluster Hardware (Cluster of PCs, Workstations, or SMPs)
   * High Performance communication networks and interfaces
   * Light Weight Communication Protocols
   * Cluster Middleware/Underware
        o Single System Image Infrastructure
        o System Availability Infrastructure
   * Issues in Building Scalable Services
   * File Systems and Parallel I/O
   * Job and Resource Management
   * Data Distribution and Load Balancing
   * Programming Paradigms/Environment for Clusters
   * Message Passing Systems such as MPI and PVM for Clusters
   * Problem Solving Environments for Clusters
   * Tools for Operating and Managing Clusters
   * Java for High Performance Computing
   * Algorithms for Solving Problems on Clusters
   * Scientific, Engineering, and Commercial Applications on Clusters

It is planned that workshop papers will be published through the IEEE
Computer Society Press. The proceedings will also be available on the Web.

See http://www.dcs.port.ac.uk/~mab/tfcc/IWCC99/  or
http://www.dgs.monash.edu.au/~rajkumar/tfcc/IWCC99/ for the latest
information concerning the workshop.

Paper Submission

Authors are invited to submit papers consisting of original unpublished
research in all areas of cluster computing to the Programme Chair. All
submissions will be reviewed by the Program Committee and outside
international referees. Papers should not exceed ten (10) single-spaced
pages of text using 12 point size type on A4 pages. References, figures,
tables, etc. may be included in addition to the ten pages of text. The paper
should include an abstract of approximately 100 words. Authors must submit
their papers electronically through the link at
http://dhpc.adelaide.edu.au/conferences/IWCC99/ Authors should submit a
PostScript (level 2) file and make sure that it will print on a PostScript
printer that uses A4 sized paper. Manuscripts must be received by on or
before the deadline for submission.

General/Organising Chairs:

        * Mark Baker (Portsmouth University, UK)
        * Rajkumar Buyya (Monash University, Australia)

Program Chair:

        * Ken Hawick (Adelaide University, Australia)

Program Committee:

        * David Abramson (Monash University, Melbourne, Australia)
        * Hamid Arabnia (University of Georgia, USA)
        * David Bader (University of New Mexico, USA)
        * Mark Baker (Portsmouth University, UK)
        * Ricardo Bianchini (Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
        * Suchendra Bhandarkar (University of Georgia, USA)
        * Luc Bouge (LIP, ENS Lyon, France)
        * Marian Bubak (Institute of Computer Science, Poland)
        * Rajkumar Buyya (Monash University, Australia)
        * Giovanni Chiola (University of Genoa, Italy)
        * Paul Coddington (University of Adelaide, Australia)
        * Toni Cortes (Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya, Spain)
        * Dave DeRoure (University of Southampton, UK)
        * Joao Gabriel Silva (Coimbra University, Portugal)
        * Al Geist (Oakridge National Lab. USA)
        * Andrezj Goscinski (Deakin University, Australia)
        * Wolfgang Gentzsch (Genias GmbH, Germany)
        * Bill Gropp (Argonne National Lab., USA)
        * Salim Hariri (Arizona University, USA)
        * Dan Hyde (Bucknell University, USA)
        * Yutaka Ishikawa (Real World Computing Partnership, Japan)
        * Heath James  (University of Adelaide, Australia)
        * Hai Jin  (University of Hong Kong, China)
        * Daniel S. Katz (Jet Propulsion Lab., California Institute of Technology, USA)
        * Chung-Ta King  (National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan)
        * Kevin Maciunas (University of Adelaide, Australia)
        * Piyush Maheshwari (University of New South Wales, Sydney)
        * Chris McDonald (University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia)
        * John Morris (University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia)
        * Marcin Paprzycki (University of Southern Mississippi, USA)
        * Robert Pennington (NCSA, USA)
        * Ira Pramanick  (Sun Microsystems, USA)
        * Radharamanan Radhakrishnan (University of Cincinnati, USA)
        * Rajeev Raje (Purdue University, USA)
        * Mohan Ram (Centre for Development of Advanced Computing, India)
        * Wolfgang Rehm (TU Chemnitz, Germany)
        * Paul Roe (Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane)
        * Harjinder Sandhu (York University, Toronto, Canada)
        * Danial Saverese (California Institute of Technology, USA)
        * Hong Shen (Griffith University, Brisbane, Australia)
        * R. K. Shyamasundar (Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, India)
        * Tony Skjellum (MPI Software Technology, USA)
        * Thomas Sterling (California Institute of Technology, USA)
        * Peter Strazdins (Australian National University, Canberra)
        * Chengzheng Sun (Griffith University, Brisbane, Australia)
        * Yong-Meng Teo ( National University of Singapore, Singapore)
        * Putchong Uthayopas (Kasetsart University, Bangkok, Thailand)
        * David W Walker (Cardiff University, UK)
        * Barry Wilkinson (University of North Carolina, USA)
        * Albert Zomaya (University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia)

Publicity Chairs:

        * David Bader (University of New Mexico, USA)
        * Albert Zomaya (University of Western Australia)

Finance and Local Arrangements Chair:

        * Mahbub Hassan (Monash University, Australia)

Registration Chair:

        * Jahan Hassan (Monash University, Australia)

Important Dates:

	Call For Papers              : May  5, 1999
 	Paper Submission             : August 5, 1999
 	Notification of Acceptance   : August 25, 1999
 	Camera Ready Papers and
 	Pre-registration due on      : September 17, 1999
 	IWCC'99 Workshop             : December 2, 1999

--------------------------------------------------------------------------