Subject: CFP for PDCP Journal special issue

From: Rajkumar Bunya <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 17:56:08 +1000 (EST)

Special Issue on

                   High Performance Computing on Clusters

          Parallel and Distributed Computing Practices (PDCP) Journal

          February 1999 (Vol 2, No 2), Nova Science Publishers, USA

                              Call for Papers
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the recent years, high speed network and improved microprocessor
performance are making network of workstations an appealing vehicle for
parallel computing. Cluster/network of computers (workstations/PCs) built
using commodity hardware or software is playing a major role in redefining
the concept of Supercomputing. As a whole, Clusters are becoming
compromising solution to MPPs and Supercomputers. The focus of this special
issue will be on both hardware and software aspects of computing on
clusters. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

   * Cluster Hardware (Cluster of Workstations or PCs)
   * Active Messages and Light Weight Protocols
   * Cluster Operating System
   * Single System Image
   * Network Capabilities for Fast Communication
   * Message Passing Systems such as MPI and PVM for Clusters
   * Characterization of Communication and Synchronization Traffic
   * Operating Environments
   * Data Distribution and Load Balancing
   * Programming Paradigms/Environment for Clusters
   * HPCC Models for Graphics and Multimedia
   * Problem Solving Environment for Clusters
   * Tools for Operating and Managing Clusters
   * Parallel and Distributed Computing/HPC in Java
   * Algorithms for Solving Problems on Clusters
   * Building Applications on Clusters
   * Large Scale System Administration
   * Issues in Building Scalable Services
   * Fault Tolerance Issues for Clusters

Submission should include authors names, affiliations, addresses, fax and
phone numbers, email addresses, on the cover page. Please submit full paper
(not exceeding 10 single spaced pages in length) to one of the guest editors
electronically. Email postscript file of the paper (preferably viewable by
ghostview); also send a separate email with authors' names, addresses, title
and abstract of the paper. Hard copies should be sent only if electronic
submission is not possible.

Please submit full paper for consideration to this special issue to one of
the guest editors by September 15, 1998.

Guest Editors:

 RAJKUMAR                             Clemens Szyperski
 School of Computing Science          School of Computing Science
 Faculty of Information Technology    Faculty of Information Technology
 Queensland University of Technology  Queensland University of Technology
 825a, Level 8, ITE Building          735, Level 7, ITE Building
 Gardens Point Campus                 Gardens Point Campus
 Brisbane,, Australia, QLD 4001       Brisbane, Australia, QLD 4001
 Office phone: +61 7 3864 1290        Phone: +61 7 3864 2132
 Office fax: +61 7 3864 1801          Fax: +61 7 3864 1801
 Email: [email-masked]       Email: [email-masked]

Important Dates:

 Draft Papers due on:                  15th September, 1998
 Notification of acceptance:           15th November, 1998
 Final paper in LaTeX format due on:   15th December, 1998

Important URLs:

PDCP Journal: http://orca.st.usm.edu/pdcp
CFP: http://www.fit.qut.edu.au/~rajkumar/pdcp.html
CFP: http://www.fit.qut.edu.au/~szypersk/pdcp.html
Instructons for
Contributors: http://orca.st.usm.edu/pdcp/InstructionsForContributors.html
Nova Science Publishers: http://www.nexusworld.com/nova
----------------------------------------------------------------------------