Subject: Profiling java applications

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 10:19:59 EST

A:  INTERNET--IBMMAIL

*** Renvoi de la note de 29/01/99 16:18
A:  INTERNET--IBMMAIL

De: RIGAL Christian - ALCATEL SPACE INDUSTRIES - DTT/STB
    Tel: (33) 0534355776 Fax : (33) 0534356169
    Email: c.rigal.alcatel(a)e-mail.com
objet:   Profiling java applications
Hello java programmers,

I develop some time-consuming java applications and would like to know where
this busy machine spends its time.

I have found a "-prof" extension to the java command which gives probably
interesting results but definitely not explicit...

Did any of you find documentation on that option ?

Does Sun provide a tool for interpreting the results, or at least,
documentation ? (they provided it in their first version of their java
Workshop, but it disapeared in the 1.1 version and I have no news of a 1.2
version).

Thanks for your help.

                                            SALUTATIONS
                                            C. RIGAL Adresse : 26 av J.F.
Champollion BP 1187
          31037 TOULOUSE FRANCE

---

From: Gagan Agrawal <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 12:31:30 -0500

I think you should look at the BIT tool available from 
University of Colorado, Boulder. 

 -- gagan