Subject: SC'99 JGMPWG BOF

From: Vladimir Getov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 14:01:12 +0000 (GMT)

Hi all,

This is just a reminder that our BOF session "Message Passing for
Java" is next week at SC99. The details should be in the programme -
Nov. 17, 5:30 pm, at SC'99 in Portland. We've got a great panel -
please come and join if you are there.

Regards,
		-Vladimir

--------------------------------------------------------------------

BOF Title: Message Passing for Java 

Organizers: Vladimir Getov and Geoffrey Fox

Panelists: Bryan Carpenter - NPAC, Marc Snir - IBM, Doug MacDonald -
Sun-HPC, Tony Skjellum - MST, Matt Welsh - Berkeley, and others.

Abstract: This BOF session will serve as an open meeting of the Java 
Grande Message-Passing working group. The group is a community effort 
within the frame of the JavaGrande Forum activities. The aim of the group 
is to provide an environment for discussion and collaboration in the 
research and development of portable message-passing frameworks and 
corresponding APIs for the Java programming language with focus on 
JavaGrande applications. Important current objectives of the group are 

- the development of an MPI-like API for Java - MPJ; 
- research into O-O Java-centric message-passing environments; 
- the development of a single strategy for the introduction of 
  message-passing into the Java platform; 
- performance evaluation and comparisons between different frameworks and 
  implementations.

---

From: Mary Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 21:34:12 -0800 (PST)

I'll be at SC99, and so plan to attend the BOF
and the Friday panel.  Looking forward to seeing
everyone. 

Mary

|>=<|>=<|>=<|>=<|>=<|>=<|>=<|>=<|>=<|>=<|>=<|>=<|>=<|>=<|>=<|
 Mary P. Thomas                   Email: [email-masked] 
 Scientific Computing Group       Voice: (858) 534-5061 
 San Diego Supercomputer Center   Fax:   (858) 534-5117 
 9500 Gilman Dr.                   
 San Diego, CA 92093-0505         URL:   www.sdsc.edu/~mthomas