Subject: Reminder: CFP ACM 1999 Java Grande Conference

From: [email-masked] (Klaus Erik Schauser)
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 14:25:51 -0800

CALL FOR PAPERS

                 ACM 1999 Java Grande Conference

(formerly ACM Workshop on Java for High-Performance Network Computing)
                
                  Sponsored by ACM SIGPLAN

            Palo Alto, California, June 12-14, 1999 

           http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/conferences/java99 

The Java Grande conference focuses on the use of Java in the broad
area of high-performance computing; including engineering and scientific
applications, simulations, data-intensive applications, and other emerging
application areas that exploit parallel and distributed computing or
combine communication and computing. The conference will be
preceded by a tutorial day and will be followed by the JavaOne
conference, which would enable people to follow the Java Grande
conference with an exposure to the latest in basic Java Technology. 

Authors are invited to submit manuscripts that demonstrate timely
results, technologies, or experiences that are most likely to have impact
on the use of Java in high performance computing systems. 

Topics of interest include but are not restricted to: 

  Java use in parallel and distributed computing 
  Java frameworks and libraries for high-performance computing 
  Implementation techniques for Java on high-performance systems 
  Java numerics and Java extensions for high-performance computing 
  Java compilation and optimization for high-performance computing 
  Java development tools and environments for high-performance computing 
  Java performance and benchmarking 

SUBMISSION

Papers should report new research and should not exceed 5000 words
(approximately 10 pages typeset on 16 point spacing, or 15 typewritten
double-spaced pages). The program committee will review each
submission and select papers based on originality, timeliness, relevance,
and clarity. All accepted papers will be presented at the conference, and
published in the conference proceedings. 

Electronic submission is strongly encouraged. Please e-mail a Postscript
or PDF copy of your submission to [email-masked] or send 
15 hard copies to the program chair. Submissions must be received by
January 15, 1999. Authors will be notified by March 15, 1999. 

Authors of accepted papers will be expected to sign a copyright release
form. Proceedings will be distributed at the conference and will
subsequently be available from ACM. Papers published in proceedings
are eligible for subsequent publication in refereed ACM journals at the
discretion of the editor of the particular journal. Papers describing
essentially the same work must not have been published elsewhere or be
simultaneously under consideration for publication elsewhere. 

People interested in contributing a tutorial (.5 or 1 day) should contact
the program chair by Jan 31, 1999. 

CONFERENCE CO-CHAIRS

 Geoffrey C. Fox 
 Northeast Parallel Architectures Center 
 Syracuse University 
 111 College Place 
 Syracuse, NY 13244-4100 
 Phone:  (315) 443-2163 
 [email-masked] 

 Klaus Schauser 
 Parallel Computing Lab 
 Department of Computer Science 
 University of California Santa Barbara, CA 93106 
 Phone: (805) 893-3926 
 Fax: (805) 893-8553 
 [email-masked] 

PROGRAM CHAIR

 Marc Snir 
 IBM T.J. Watson Research Center 
 P.O. Box 218, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598 
 Phone: (914) 945 3204 
 Fax: (914) 945 4425 
 [email-masked] 

PROGRAM COMMITTEE

 Ronald F Boisvert     National Institute of Standards and Technology
 Siddhartha Chatterjee The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
 Thorsten von Eicken   Cornell University
 Zvi Kedem             New York University
 Tim Lindholm          Sun Microsystems
 Piyush Mehotra        ICASE
 Jose Moreira          IBM Research
 David Padua           The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
 Michael Philippsen    The University of Karlsruhe
 David Tarditi         Microsoft Research
 Anne E. Trefethen     Numerical Algorithms Group, Ltd.
 David W Walker        Cardiff University

-------------------------------------------------------------------- 
 Klaus E. Schauser                 E-mail: [email-masked] 
 Associate Professor               Phone: (805) 893-3926 
 Department of Computer Science           (805) 893-4321 
 University of California          FAX:   (805) 893-8553 
 Santa Barbara, CA 93106           http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/~schauser 
--------------------------------------------------------------------