Subject: Getting started with benchmarks...

From: "George K. Thiruvathukal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 08:56:09 -0500

Hello All:

I have discovered a number of useful web pages on Java benchmarking. These
benchmarks would qualify in most cases as "kernel" benchmarks that were
discussed in the working groups, especially the concurrency/applications
group.

Rather than bury all these links in e-mail, I have put together a page on
the Grande web:

	http://jhpc.org/grande/benchmar.htm

This link can also be found from http://www.jhpc.org/grande by following
the Discussions -> Benchmarks links.

As you discover others, please e-mail them to Martin Westhead
([email-masked]), who is leading the concurrency/applications
benchmark effort, and carbon-copy to me ([email-masked]).

Thanks,
George

*--------------------------------------------------------------------*
| George K. Thiruvathukal                                            |
| Loyola University Chicago          Tele: 773.508.3558              |
| Damen Hall, 3rd Floor              Fax: 773.508.2123               |
| 6525 North Sheridan Road           E-mail: [email-masked]        |
| Chicago, Illinois 60626            Web: http://www.jhpc.org/george |
*--------------------------------------------------------------------*

---

From: Roldan Pozo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 23:36:56 -0400

Also, there are several numeric benchmarks links on the Java Numerics web site.
(http://math.nist.gov/javanumerics)

In particular, the new SciMark benchmark (http://math.nist.gov/scimark)
tests FFTs, Monte Carlo simulations, LU factorizations, sparse matrix kernels,
and finite difference stencils.

Cheers,
Roldan

--
Roldan Pozo
Co-chair, Java Numerics Group
[email-masked]