Subject: Benchmarking meeting

From: Martin Westhead <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 16:50:10 +0100

****************************************************************
                      Java Benchmarking 
                 Birds of a Feather session 
                
		Sunday, June 13 1999, 6:30pm-9:30pm
        	    Sir Francis Drake Hotel
****************************************************************

As part of the ACM Java Grande conference we will be holding an Birds of
a Feather session on Benchmarking on the Sunday evening. The meeting
will be held at the Sir Francis Drake Hotel in San Francisco.  For
directions check the on-line map
http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/conferences/java99/map.html

This will be an informal meeting to discuss the Java Grande Benchmark
suite and Java benchmarking issues in general. Possible topics include:

Java Grande Forum benchmarking suite
(http://www.epcc.ed.ac.uk/javagrande/):
	o Status of the suite
	o Future plans (parallel benchmarks)
	o Group feedback - are we doing it right?
	o Contributions 
			- codes
			- parallelisations
			- results (league table)

Java Benchmarking issues:
	o JIT warm up
	o Compiler optimisations
	o Garbage Collection

-- 
--------|epcc|------------------------------------------------ 
Dr Martin D. Westhead | <[email-masked]> 
                      | http://www.epcc.ed.ac.uk/~martinwe 
Principal Consultant  | phone : +44 (0)131 650 5958       
    Research          | mobile: +44 (0)7050 193530
-------------------------------------------------|epcc|-------