Subject: First draft of standard array package

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 07:38:21 -0400

Hello,

I would like to announce that the first draft of the Java array package is
now available in the JavaNumerics home page
(http://math.nist.gov/javanumerics/), in the "Proposals" section. For now
the package only supports arrays of doubles, but it should give an overview
of our design principles and goals. We should have the package finalized by
September 14th.

Please post your comments to the Java Grande forum (
[email-masked]) so that we can have an open and better
discussion. I would like to make a wider announcement to the Java for CSE
forum, but I will wait for some comments from the Java Grande participants
first.

Thanks.

Jose E. Moreira
([email-masked])
IBM Thomas J. Watson Research Center
P.O. Box 218
Yorktown Heights NY 10598