Subject: Re: THE Report

From: "George K. Thiruvathukal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 19:29:00 -0600

Hello Everyone:

The first draft of the Java Grande Forum "final report" to be presented at SC '98 is
now available. It is only available in PDF format at this time at the "secret" URL
below.

    http://www.math.luc.edu/~gkt/javagrandeforum/javagrandereport.pdf

There is still some work to be done, and Sia has given us a HARD DEADLINE of THIS
FRIDAY to get the final version ready. (I've been working on the final assembly for
a number of days now.) I would appreciate it if all Java Grande Forum regulars can
please help to make this review process and final document a success. The document
is starting to look very good, but please help me get this reviewed quickly. (We can
praise the document later at SC '98.)

Before you begin reviewing this document, I offer two options on how to submit your
comments:

1. (The PREFERRED option.) If you have Acrobat Exchange, which comes with the Adobe
Acrobat software, please use the notes feature to attach comment notes at strategic
places in the document where there are problems or changes to be made. Once you have
made your comments, you may save the document to a new PDF file and send it back to
me (or make it available via another secret URL).

2. (The OK option.) If you do not have Acrobat Exchange, please send your
corrections in the following format:
    Section (write the text of the heading out completely)
    Context (first three words of the paragraph or sentence should do)
    Suggestion
    Page #

I would like to receive all comments no later than Thursday at noon central time.
Comments received after that time may not be incorporated due to the hard deadline
Sia has imposed. (He REALLY needs to have the final document in hand on Friday.)
There may be some breathing room, but not much. Remember, someone has to make all
those changes, and that someone is yours truly. It is also midterm week where I am,
so things are somewhat hellish in general.

The good news is that we have done a reasonably thorough review of the charter, and
the numerics and concurrency working group reports. Nonetheless, there may be some
formatting problems, grammar issues, and perhaps other last-minute enhancements to
content. In short, we need to make sure this report is first class. There are
potentially hundreds of people who will be reading it.

Thanks kindly,

George K. Thiruvathukal
Java Grande Forum Secretary

---

From: "George K. Thiruvathukal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 19:29:00 -0600

Hello Everyone:

Thanks kindly,

George K. Thiruvathukal