Subject: Title of Report

From: Geoffrey Fox <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 1998 14:09:49 -0500

So all the suggested titles are better than current one!
I quite like phraseology
Realizing the Potential of Java for High Performance Computing
This can be used within various suggested changes to George's
original title

Geoffrey Fox  [email-masked],   http://www.npac.syr.edu 
Director of NPAC and Professor of Physics and Computer Science
Phone 3154432163 (Npac central 3154431723) Fax 3154434741

---

From: Piyush Mehrotra <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 14:16:59 -0500 (EST)

The issue as Vladimir pointed out is that the words "Java Grande" were
introduced to get away from the notion that we are focusing only on High
Performance Computing.  So using the words HPC in any form in the title
brings us back to the same problem.

Why not simply
Java Grande Forum: A First Report

or
Realizing the Potential of Java for Grande Applications

	- Piyush

---

From: Piyush Mehrotra <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 14:16:59 -0500 (EST)

Why not simply

or

	- Piyush

---

From: Vladimir Getov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 19:55:00 +0000 (GMT)

I am not against HPC but just another option would be

Realizing the Potential of Java for Grand-Scale Computing

"Grand-Scale" sounds like a synonim of "Grande" to me and
would probably suggest a possible definition of "Grande"
to a non-JavaGrande reader. The layout of the title page
is also important as Ron pointed out. A series of reports
is what we'll be doing anyway so JGF-TR-01 is fine.

Vladimir

---

From: Vladimir Getov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 19:55:00 +0000 (GMT)

Vladimir