Subject: question about 64-bit JVM

From: "w. r. proffitt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 22:34:00 -0500

Hi Fellow Forum Members,

Our team is trying to make large-memory runs of our Java application using 
the 64-bit Solaris 7.
I'm working on a research project that uses large (> 2-4Gb) amounts of 
memory; we're hitting the Memory limit & getting Out of Memory stop error 
with our current Java 2 application on Solaris 7, system specs below...

% uname -X
System = SunOS
Release = 5.6
Machine = sun4u
NumCPU = 16
Sun Enterprise Server E10000
16-400MHz, 16Gbs

Anyone know of a 64-bit Java VM in development (beta, alpha, whatever) that 
we could use in testing? Or possibly you know of a colleague who has 
experienced this same problem? Please let me know if you know of any 
efforts which may solve our problem.

Will be happy to exchange benchmarking/performing stats to test a JVM if 
possible.

Thanks,
- Whitney Proffitt

--                                                                    --
whitney r. proffitt                               [email-masked]
software architect     heirarchical distributed dynamic indexing project
                          national center for supercomputing applications