Subject: ACM 2000 Java Grande Conference

From: Michael Philippsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 12:08:40 +0200

Dear Colleague,

Please find attached the Call for Papers for the ACM 2000 Java Grande
Conference.  I would appreciate it if you would help ensure the wide
publicity of this event by forwarding the call to colleagues who you
think might be interested in submitting a paper.

We look forward to your submission.

Thanks, 

	   Michael Philippsen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

                    CALL FOR PAPERS

           ACM 2000  Java Grande Conference

               Sponsored by ACM SIGPLAN 

       San Francisco, California, June 3-4, 2000 

             http://www.extreme.indiana.edu/java00

The Java Grande Conference focuses on the use of Java in the broad area of 
high-performance computing; including engineering and scientific
applications, simulations, data-intensive applications, and other 
emerging application areas that exploit parallel and distributed computing or
combine communication and computing. A day of tutorials will be held on the 
day following the conference. The conference precedes the JavaOne
2000 conference, which would enable the Java Grande attendees to expose 
themselves to the latest in basic Java Technology. 

Authors are invited to submit manuscripts that demonstrate timely results, 
technologies, or experiences that are most likely to have impact on the
use of Java in high performance computing systems. 

Topics of interest include but are not restricted to: 

     Java use for scientific and engineering applications 
     Java frameworks and libraries for high-performance computing 
     Implementation techniques for Java on high-performance systems 
     Java numerics and Java extensions for high-performance computing 
     Java compilation and optimization for high-performance computing 
     Java development tools and environments for high-performance computing 
     Java performance and benchmarking 

SUBMISSION

Papers should report new research and should not exceed 5000 words 
(approximately 10 pages typeset on 16 point spacing, or 15 typewritten
double-spaced pages). The program committee will review each submission 
and select papers based on originality, timeliness, relevance, and
clarity. All accepted papers will be presented at the conference, and 
published in the conference proceedings. 

Electronic submission is strongly encouraged. Please e-mail a Postscript 
or PDF copy of your submission to [email-masked] or send  15 hard copies 
to the program chair. Submissions must be received by January 10, 2000. 
Authors will be notified by March 10, 2000. 

Authors of accepted papers will be expected to sign a copyright release form. 
Proceedings will be distributed at the conference and will
subsequently be available from ACM. Papers published in proceedings are 
eligible for subsequent publication in refereed ACM journals at the
discretion of the editor of the particular journal. Papers describing 
essentially the same work must not have been published elsewhere or be
simultaneously under consideration for publication elsewhere. 

People interested in contributing a tutorial (.5 or 1 day) should contact 
the program chair by Jan 31, 2000.  The tutorials will be held on June 5,
2000. 

CONFERENCE CHAIR

Dennis Gannon 
Department of Computer Science 
Indiana University 
Bloomington, IN 47401 
and 
NAS Division 
NASA Ames Research Center 
MS 258-5 
Moffet Field, CA 94035 
Phone: (650) 604 1934 
[email-masked] 

PROGRAM CHAIR

Piyush Mehrotra 
ICASE 
MS 132C 
3 West Reid Street - Building 1152 
NASA Langley Research Center 
Hampton, VA 23681 
Phone: (757)-864-2188 
Fax: (757)-864-6134 
[email-masked] 

PROGRAM COMMITTEE

     Henri Bal, Vrije University 
     Sandra Baylor, IBM 
     Aart Bik, Intel Corporation 
     Siddartha Chatterjee, University of North Carolina 
     Ken Kennedy, Rice University 
     Scott Kohn, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory 
     Arvind Krishnamurthy, Yale University 
     Timothy Lindohm, Sun Microsystems 
     Satoshi Matsuoka, Tokyo Institute of Technology 
     Roldan Pozo, NIST 
     Vivek Sarkar, IBM 
     Suresh Srinivas, SGI 
     Vaidy Sunderam, Emory University 
     Gregor von Laszewzki, Argonne National Laboratory 
     Martin Westhead, EPCC 
     Kathy Yelick, University of California at Berkeley 

PUBLICITY CHAIR

Michael Philippsen 
Computer Science Department 
University of Karlsruhe 
Am Fasanengarten 5 
76128 Karlsruhe Germany 
Phone: 49-721-608-4067 
Fax: 49-721-608-7343 
[email-masked]