Subject: CFP: Java in HPC at HPCN'99

From: Vladimir Getov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 23:05:03 +0000 (GMT)

Workshop: Java in High Performance Computing 

		http://perun.hscs.wmin.ac.uk/JHPC/

                               at 

			  HPCN-Eurpe'99

       April 12-14, 1999, RAI Conference Center, Amsterdam
                  http://www.wins.uva.nl/events/HPCN99/ 

OVERVIEW

This one day workshop within the frame of the HPCN'99 Conference will 
focus on the use of the Java programming language in the broad area 
of high-performance computing, including engineering and scientific 
applications of Java, simulations, distributed resource management, 
on-line analytical processing and data-intensive applications, and 
other emerging research topics that combine distributed object 
technology with networking. Authors are invited to submit manuscripts 
that demonstrate timely results, technologies, or experiences that are 
most likely to have impact on the use of Java in high performance 
computing systems. 

The topics of interest include (but are not restricted to): 

     Java computing frameworks and collaborative environments 
     Java with legacy libraries in C and/or Fortran 
     Java compiling techniques 
     Java/CORBA integration for network computing 
     Java based seamless computing 
     Translations from C/C++/Fortran to Java 
     Java Grande applications 
     Java tools for high performance computing 

IMPORTANT DATES 

     December 14, 1998 : Deadline for paper submission 
     January 15, 1999 : Note of acceptance 
     February 15, 1999 : Deadline for final paper 
     April 12 - 14, 1999 : HPCN Europe '99 

PAPER SUBMISSION 

The workshop will contain a number of invited papers. In addition, 
submitted papers in the area of the workshop are welcomed. These 
should conform to the general guidelines for HPCN99 submissions of 
full papers, but should be sent by e-mail to Vladimir Getov at
[email-masked]. 

PROGRAMME COMMITTEE 

                   Geoffrey Fox - Workshop Co-Chair 
                    NPAC, Syracuse University, U.S.A. 

                  Vladimir Getov - Workshop Co-Chair
                   University of Westminster, London, U.K.

                        Siamak Hassanzadeh
                     SUN Microsystems, Inc., U.S.A.

                        Susan Flynn-Hummel 
                  IBM T. J. Watson Research Center, U.S.A. 

                          Jean-Louis Pazat
                           IRISA, France

                         Michael Philippsen
                     University of Karlsruhe, Germany

                          Anne Trefethen
                           NAG Ltd, U.K.

                           David Walker
                     University of Wales, Cardiff, U.K.