Subject: Call For Posters: ACM 1999 Java Grande Conference

From: "Klaus E. Schauser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 23:36:39 -0800

Call For Participation

                         POSTER SESSION

                ACM 1999 Java Grande Conference

 (formerly ACM Workshop on Java for High-Performance Network Computing)

                       Sponsored by ACM SIGPLAN

          Student Participation Supported by NSF and DARPA

              San Francisco, California, June 12-14, 1999 

               http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/conferences/java99 

As part of the ACM 1999 Java Grande Conference, a Poster Session will
be held on the afternoon of the first day of the conference. The aim of the
poster session is to give students and professionals an opportunity to
present latest research results to the research community, and to get
technical advice from leading researchers in the field who will be attending
the conference. 

The Java Grande conference focuses on the use of Java in the broad area
of high-performance computing; including engineering and scientific
applications, simulations, data-intensive applications, and other emerging
application areas that exploit parallel and distributed computing or combine
communication and computing. The conference includes a day of tutorials
and will be followed by the JavaOne conference. 

SUBMISSION

Each participant in the Poster Session must submit a one page abstract.
The abstract should be between 200-250 words in length and should give
an overview of the research being presented including citations to related
work. Submitted abstracts should be emailed to [email-masked].
The final deadline for submission is May 15th, 1999. 

Please feel free to direct any questions to the program chair Marc Snir at
[email-masked]. 

PRESENTATIONS

In the Poster Session, each participant will be provided with a space
(approximately 3x4 feet) for posting diagrams and short descriptions of the
research. During the two hour Poster Session, contact with the "audience"
happens through casual conversation. A special issue of Concurrency
Practice and Experience will feature the best papers from conference and
posters will be considered equally with selected papers. 

TRAVEL SUPPORT FOR STUDENT ATTENDEES

NSF and DARPA have made funds available to support student
participation at the ACM 1999 Java Grande Conference. For details see
http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/conferences/java99/students.html. 

PROGRAM CHAIR

  Marc Snir 
  IBM T.J. Watson Research Center 
  P.O. Box 218, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598 
  Phone: (914) 945 3204 
  Fax: (914) 945 4425 

-------------------------------------------------------------------- 

        ACM 1999 Java Grande Conference Student Support

          San Francisco, California, June 12-14, 1999 

NSF and DARPA have made funds available to support student participation 
at the ACM 1999 Java Grande Conference (former ACM Workshop on Java for 
High-Performance Network Computing). Special thanks to Frederica Darema 
(NSF) and Jose Munoz (DARPA) for making this possible.

Funds are limited, so please apply early. Please fill out the form below 
and e-mail it to Klaus Schauser at [email-masked].

Name: ______________________________________________________________

Affiliation: _______________________________________________________

Address: ___________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________

Phone: _____________________________________________________________

Fax: _______________________________________________________________

E-mail: ____________________________________________________________

Student status (undergraduate/graduate): ___________________________

Are you presenting a paper at Java Grande'99: ______________________

Are you a co-author of a paper at Java Grande'99: __________________

Estimated travel cost: _____________________________________________
   (call airlines or check www.got.com for fares)

Please complete and return this form to:

       Klaus Schauser
       Attn: ACM Java Grande'99 Student Support
       Department of Computer Science
       University of California at Santa Barbara
       Santa Barbara, CA 93106
       USA

       E-mail: [email-masked]
       Phone: (805) 893-4321
       FAX:   (805) 893-8553 

-------------------------------------------------------------------- 
 Klaus E. Schauser                 E-mail: [email-masked] 
 Associate Professor               Phone: (805) 893-3926 
 Department of Computer Science           (805) 893-4321 
 University of California          FAX:   (805) 893-8553 
 Santa Barbara, CA 93106           http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/~schauser 
--------------------------------------------------------------------