Subject: A discussion list for Java-MPI

From: Bryan Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 17:43:16 -0500

Hello,

This message is being sent to various people who have expressed an
interest in MPI for Java.  A mailing list has been created for
discussions in this area.  "[email-masked]" is an open
discussion list for people interested in developing or using Java
bindings to the Message Passing Interface standard MPI.

If you want to subscribe to the list, please send the command

  subscribe java-mpi

in the body of an email addressed to "[email-masked]".

Suggested topics for discussion include

  1) Issues relating to agreement on a common Java API for MPI
     (a draft proposal can be found in the appendix of the "MPI for Java"
     position document at "www.javagrande.org/reports.htm").

  2) Issues about implementing MPI functionality in Java.
     Implementations can be 100% Java, or Java wrappers to native MPI
     implementations.

  3) User's experiences developing parallel application codes in Java,
     using an MPI binding.  Experiences using Java as a vehicle for
     teaching message-passing parallel programming are very relevant.

  4) Parallel benchmark codes written in Java, using an MPI binding.
     Results of running such benchmarks.

---

>From the founder members of the "java-mpi" list...

Bryan Carpenter,
Vladimir Getov,
Glenn Judd,
Tony Skjellum,
George Crawford