Subject: Re:

From: [email-masked] (Mageta International Inc.)
Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 10:15:26 -0400

Mageta International Inc.
3040 Granby Ave., Suite 1
Montreal, Quebec
Canada H1N 2Z6
Tel: 514-255-2336  
Fax: 514-257-8425 
E-mail: [email-masked]
URL: http://www.generation.net/~mageta

This document was prepared by Mageta International Inc. in its years 
practice and may be reproduced for the personal non commercial use of 
interested individuals. Any modification or alteration in whole or in part of 
this document without the express written consent of the author is absolutely 
prohibited.

         CANADIAN IMMIGRATION AND PERMANENT RESIDENCE FAQ
      ==========================================================

1.	GENERAL INTRODUCTION

For many years, Canada has been ranked by the United Nations as the best 
country in which to live. Canada has one of the most positive immigration 
policies in the world.  In recent years, Canada admits over 200,000 
immigrants per year.  Among them, approximately 5 percent are Chinese 
people from mainland China.  Hong Kong, Taiwan and mainland China are 
the first, third and sixth major immigrant-source countries (areas) of Canada. 
Now Chinese Canadians are playing an increasingly important role in 
Canada's economy, culture and political system.

Currently, the Canadian government is issuing permanent visas under 
independent, business, family, labor and refugee categories. Canada hopes to 
attract professional and educated people to Canada, and has therefore 
increased the percentage of independent immigrants to 40%. 

2.	PERMANENT RESIDENCY

Prospective immigrants and their dependents apply for their permanent 
residencies outside Canada.  Their immigrants visas are issued by a 
Canadian embassy or consulate.  Prospective immigrants then travel to 
Canada with their immigrant visas and passports or travel documents.  After 
they have landed, they become permanent residents of Canada.  Canadian 
permanent residents are entitled to all social benefits accorded to Canadian 
citizens.

3.	QUALIFICATION OF APPLICANTS

A person who has special occupation skills and experience may qualify as an 
independent immigrant. These skills must be readily transferable to the 
Canadian labor market. All applicants are assessed by the point selection 
system established by the Canadian government. Points are awarded based 
on age, education, work experience, occupational demand in Canada, 
personal suitability and language abilities. Basically, individuals aged 21-44 
with an university degree in science, engineering, life science or business 
administration and who possess at least one year of related work experience, 
are basically qualified to apply for the permanent residence under the 
Independent category.  More than 1,000 occupations are currently open to the 
prospective immigrants within this category.

Please be aware that the immigration policies are altered from time to time. 
A currently qualified individual might not be able to qualify in the future.

4.	HOW TO APPLY

1)	Our company's immigration consultants  will assess and evaluate each 
	applicant's qualifications based on his/her resume or application forms 
	provided applicants.  We will inform the applicants 	of their 
results as 	soon as possible, and then instruct successful applicants in how 
to 	prepare their documents.

2)	After applicants have prepared documents according to our 
instruction, 	They should	forward all application documents and the first 
service fee 	payment to our company.

3)	Upon receipt of applicants' documents and fees, the immigration 
	consultants and specialists in our company will draft, review and 
	fill in all government forms and compose an assessment report for the 
	main applicants according to the applicants' detailed supporting 
	documents. 

4)	Our company will submit the application with the authoritative 
	assessment 	report and all supporting documents to a Canadian 
	consulate or 	embassy, ensuring that the chosen embassy is one which 
	the applicants can reach.

5)	If the application is basically approved, Canadian immigration 
	authorities issue medical examination forms and, sometimes, 
interview 	notices.

6)	Applicants visit a designated medical practitioner for a medical 
	examination. The medical reports will the be forwarded to a Canadian 
	medical officer of the Employment and Immigration Canada in Ottawa 
	by the designated medical doctors.

7)	Applicants should also submit any additional documents such as 
"good 	conduct certificate".

8) 	If an interview with an immigration officer is needed, our company 
will 	brief applicants  to increase their interview abilities and confidence.

9)	Applicants and their spouses should travel to the Canadian consulate 
	on time to interview the immigration officer, if requested.

10)	Immigrant visas are issued. Our company notifies the applicants and 
	will forward the immigrant visas upon the receipt of the full service 
fee.

11)	Applicants then go to Canada before the expire date of their immigrant 
	visas and become landed permanent residents of Canada.

5.	MAGETA INTERNATIONAL INC.

Our company, Mageta International Inc., was incorporated under the 
Canadian federal government laws. In the past years, we have successfully 
processed and assisted hundreds of people from around the world to 
immigrate to Canada. Our expertise in the field of immigration is 
exceptional.

Our company follows-up each application by contacting the Canadian 
immigration authorities and the government representatives abroad.  Our 
immigration specialists are familiar with complicated immigration laws and 
regulations. Their experienced and professional presentation of applications 
greatly enhances the probability of a successful outcome.

In conclusion, we are dedicated to performing services with utmost integrity, 
including:

-	providing all necessary information on the steps relevant to obtaining 
	residency status;
-	drafting, reviewing and modifying of all government forms for the 
main 	applicant and his/her dependents;
-	providing lists of documents to be submitted;
-	submission of the application and all supporting documents;
-	providing a copy of the file to the candidate;
-	maintaining briefing candidates for government interviews;
-	ongoing relations with embassies and consulates;
-	contacting government representatives abroad in order to follow-up 
	each file.

Our company provides unique consulting services based on the principles of 
"trustworthy, confidential, responsible, prudent and fast". Our expertise in 
the field of immigration is extraordinary and can help you to succeed. In case 
of failure with reasons outside criminal reasons, forging or false documents 
or withdrawing by applicants in the process, our will refund applicants all 
service fees paid to us besides the Right of Landing fees fully refunded by the 
Canadian government.  For applicants from the USA, we will pay 50% of the 
applicants' non-refundable processing fees as a compensation if they fail.

We respect personal wishes and never instigate any person to attempt 
immigration. We hope that all applicants fully recognize the hardships, 
difficulties and loneliness of migrating to and living in a foreign country.

We would like to advise all applicants that: ONLY CANADIAN CITIZENS OR 
PERMANENT RESIDENTS OR CANADIAN LEGAL REPRESENTATIVES 
QUALIFY TO REPRESENT APPLICANTS TO APPLY FOR CANADIAN 
IMMIGRATION THROUGH THE CANADIAN IMMIGRATION AUTHORITIES.

6. 	FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Q:	Why immigrate to Canada?
A:	Canada is a country with vast territory, rich resources, strong economy 
	and sparse population. It is ranked as the number one country in the 
	world by the United Nations for quality of life. Canadian permanent 
	residents are entitled to all social benefits accorded to Canadian 
	citizens, such as free medicare, unemployment benefits, welfare, etc. 
	You and your dependents have the right to live, study and work 
	indefinitely in any one of the ten provinces and two territories within 
	Canada. Canadian permanent residents may apply for a Border 
	Crossing Card, which is for multiple entrances and good for 10 years, 
	through the US embassy to travel to the Unite States. When you have 
	met citizenship requirements (usually with three years physical 
	residence in Canada), you may apply for Canadian citizenship and a 
	Canadian passport. Under the provisions of the North American Free 
	Trade Agreement (NAFTA), citizens of Canada who fall within a 
	particular professional designation can qualify for an US non-
	immigrant employment visa. This type of visa can ultimately lead to 
the 	US Green Card status.

Q:	As a Canadian PR, can I return to the US for continuing study or 
	work?
A:	Basically, a Canadian PR can return to the US or other country to 
	continue his study or contract work by applying for the "Returning 
	Resident Permit". With this permit, a PR does not required to reside in 
	Canada for 6 months each year. However, his outside residence will 
	not be counted as his 3-year physical residence in Canada required for 
	becoming a Canadian citizen.

	Becoming a Canadian PR will not alter your status in the US. A 
	Canadian PR may work in the US on a work visa such as H-1 or J-1.

Q:	Do I need a local immigration consultant?
A:	No.

	This is because all of the immigration petitions are now filed by mail 
in 	the Area Processing Center (APC) outside Canada.  It is impossible 
for 	any individuals or firms to file these petitions with APCs in person. To 
	successfully represent our clients internationally, mainly in the US, 
	main China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Japan, etc., our company has 
	structured our operations in a certain way:

	-	using express courier services - express mail can reach any 
cities 		in the US within 24 hours and arrive any large cities in the 
world 		within 48 hours.
	-	Internet support - setting up Web site on the Internet and email 	
		connection with clients which can provide the newest 		
		information and the most expeditious response.
	-	training clients' interview techniques by phone or fax, making 
the 		world within our fingers.
	-	maintaining extensive contacts with Citizenship and 
Immigration 		Canada; reacting before any unfavorable impacts to 
our clients 			conducted by recent changes in the law.

	Immigration application differs from visitor visa or student visa 
	application.  Tiny mistakes can delay your application; others can be 
	fatal. We do have examples of applicants, represented by immigration 
	consultants outside Canada, who asked our help after their application 
	were rejected by CIC. 

	Most of Canadian immigration firms in Canada are rigorous and 
	steady.  Besides our familiarity with Canadian immigration laws, we 
	will know of recent changes in the immigration regulations, usually 
	before they happen.  Our work lightens the burden on the visa officers. 
	The role of the immigration counsel is recognized by immigration 
	authorities.  This means that APC can take the application ahead of 
	others in the backlog.

	Here, we sincerely suggest that hiring a Canadian immigration firm 
	is the best choice when you choose immigration consultants to 
	assist your immigration petition.

Q:	Who is included in my application?
A:	Generally, the main applicant, spouse and any unmarried children 
	under the age of 19 years, no matter where they are, are included in the 
	application. Your parents could be sponsored as immigrants after you 
	arrive Canada.

Q:	How will it take to obtain my visa?
A:	Processing time depends on the complexity of your application, the 
	number of applications being processed in the particular visa office 
	and how quickly you respond to requests from a visa office for 
	documents or other information. It varies from 6 months to 24 months. 
	This is the time generally needed to demonstrate sufficient transferable 
	skills to Canada; a clean bill of health for the applicant and 
dependents; 	sufficient assets to successfully establish the family in Canada 
and 	other background checks.  In our experience, it regularly takes about 
	5-12 months.

Q:	Do I need to travel to Canada as part of the process?
A:	No. All prospective immigrants are required to apply for permanent 
	residence from outside Canada. 

	However, familiarity with Canadian landscape, society and economy, 
	particularly with the intended destination area, will impact positively 
	on the assessment. We encourage applicants to visit Canada as 
visitors, 	but discourage applicants from waiting inside Canada during 
the 	application process.

Q:	Do I need an employment offer to qualify for permanent residence 
	application?
A:	Unlike the USA, Canadian Citizenship & Immigration does not 
impose 	this requirement. However, an arranged employment from a 
Canadian 	employer will provide you with additional points and positively 
impact 	on your assessment.

Q:	Do I pay fees to the Canadian government?
A:	Yes. The government fees include: non refundable processing fee and 
	refundable Right of Landing fee. The amount of processing fee for 
each 	adult applicant is CN$500 (US$360) and for each child under 19 years 
	of age is CN$100 (US$72). The Right of Landing fee for each adult is 
	CN$975 (US$700) and no Landing fee for children. Only applicants 
	from the USA may pay the fees in US dollars. All government fees 
	must be filed with the application.

	Checks for government fees in Canadian dollars must be made 
payable 	to "Receiver General for Canada" and to "Canadian Consulate 
	General" if in US dollars.

	Also, applicants who apply for permanent residence under the 
	Independent category as engineers or engineering technologists have 
to 	pay a non-refundable fee of CN$175 for review their qualifications by 
	Canadian engineering associations.

Q:	Who must attend the selection interview?
A:	The applicant and spouse will be required to travel to the processing 
	visa office and attend the selection interview. In some cases, the 
	requirement for the spouse to attend the selection interview can be 
	waived upon our 's request.

Q:	Are personal assets and properties determining factors in the selection 
	system?
A:	Personal net worth is not a selection criterion under the Independent 
	category. However, assets will affect the assessment factor "personal 
	suitability". All applicants must provide sufficient funds for the family 
	to travel and settle in Canada. Generally, a sum of US$12,000-20,000 
	would be deemed sufficient for a three-person family.

Q:	Must a permanent resident reside in Canada to maintain permanent 
	residency status?
A:	Under current legistration, a Canadian permanent resident should not 
	stay outside Canada for more than 183 days in any 12 months period. 
	A Returning Resident Permit could be obtained from the Canadian 
	authorities if you have to remain outside Canada for 6 months.

Q:	Does having a relative in Canada help?
A:	Having a close relative in Canada such as parent, grandparent, 
	son/daughter, brother/sister, uncle/aunt, niece/nephew who is a 
	permanent resident or Canadian citizen living in Canada and over 18 
	years of age may give you additional points.

Q:	What if I have dependents who will not accompany me to Canada?
A:	You and your dependents, whether or not they will accompany you, 
	must complete the application forms and pass medical examinations 
	and background checks before a visa can be issued to you.

Q:	What happens if I don't pass the medical examination?
A:	If you or your dependents have a serious medical problem and do not 
	pass the medical examination, your application will be refused.

Q:	Where do I forward my application documents?
A:	Please forward the documentation including photos, government fees 
	and the first payment of our service fee to :

		Mageta International Inc.
		3040 Granby Avenue., Suite 1
		Montreal, Quebec
		Canada HEN 2Z6	
		Tel: 514-255-2336 Fax: 514-257-8425 
		E-mail: [email-masked]

	Urgent documents may be faxed.

7.	REQUIRED DOCUMENTS LIST

The following documents must have certified translations in either English or 
French if they are not in English or French originally.

1)	signed agreement(s);
2)	signed authorization letters;
3)	six passport size and quality photos from each family member (write 
	the name and the date of birth on the back of each photo by pencil; the 	
	photo could be in either color or black/white, but no older than six 
	months);
4)	draft IMM0008 forms completed by applicants;
5)	original IMM0008 forms signed on the item 29 and 30 only;
6)	payment of government fees in bank draft, such as money order, 
	cashier check or certified check payable to the Canadian government 
	authorities;
7)	the first payment of our service fee;
8)	letter(s) of work experience from your previous employers 
	providing a statement of duties and/or employment contract;
9)	all educational certificates, including certificates from language 
	training, scores of English/French tests, such as TOEFL, TESL, TFLM 
	and GRE, etc.
10)	all other supporting documents such as personal resume, list of 
	publications, any honoural certificates, invitation letter of academic 
	seminar, etc.
11)	certified birth certificate for each family member;
12)	certified marriage status certificate;
13)	passports for each family member;
14)	ORIGINAL police certificates (No Criminal Record) for each family 
	member from countries where you have resided for over six months 
	during the past 10 years; including the one from your current residing 
	country;
15)	evidence of funds such as bank statement letter;
16)	proof of arranged employment in Canada, if applicable;
17)	documents to prove relation to your relative in Canada, if applicable;
18)	National Identity Cards for each family member;
19)	ORIGINAL CCPE evaluation for engineers, if applicable;
20)	ORIGINAL "No Objection to Immigration" statement from non-
	accompanying spouse certified by notary public, if applicable.

Please provide us photocopies of the above documentation except where 
specified. Keep the original copies by yourself and, if necessary, bring them 
to the Canadian immigration authorities for interview or we will forward 
them to the immigration authorities.

For applicants physically in mainland China, Canada and the USA, please 
try to obtain ALL documents before you apply. 

For applicants in other areas, the above documents numbered from 1 to 10 
are the basic required documents to initiate your application. All other 
documents may be submitted during the process.  However,  we encourage 
you to gather all documents at the beginning.

8.	OTHERS

1)	Applicants from China may obtain their certified birth certificates, 
	marriage certificates and proof of no criminal record from any local 
	notary public office.

2)	Letters of work experience can be provided by your previous 
	employers or colleagues. Please draft them on the company's 
	letterhead. The letter must include your reference's name, phone 
	number and 	the company's complete mailing address. If possible, 
print. 	The letter must describe your previous work period, position, duties, 
	projects undertaken, achievements, technical abilities, detailed skills, 
	and on opinion regarding your work ethic or character, etc. The letter 
	could be drafted "To Whom It May Concern:".

3)	Canadian government fees must be paid by bank draft and payable to 
	"Receiver General for Canada" if in Canadian dollars and to 
	"Canadian Consulate General" if in US dollars. People in China 
	may buy bank drafts from the Bank of China.

4)	If the original documents are not in English or French, you must 
	provide certified translations. If applicants have difficulty obtaining 
	certified translations, our company will ask translation companies here 
	to do 	them for the applicants. It's the applicant's responsibility to 
cover 	the translation fees.

5)	Photocopies may be provided unless an original is specifically 
	requested. Please do not cut or alter photocopies.

6)	Some documents could be faxed to our office if urgent.

______________________________
This is not a legal text. For precise legal information, see the 1976 
Immigration Act and Immigration regulations, 1978.

 -==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-
 -==                 http://www.generation.net/~mageta                 ==-
 -== ----------------------------------------------------------------- ==-
 -==   MAGETA INTERNATIONAL INC.                                       ==-
 -==   3040 Granby Ave., Suite 1                   Tel: 514-255-2336   ==-
 -==   Montreal, QC H1N 2Z6                        Fax: 514-257-8425   ==-
 -==   Canada                           Email: [email-masked]   ==-
 -==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-