Subject: Re: Multi files

From: Zheng Gengbing <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 1996 16:51:23 +0800 (EAT)

On Fri, 7 Jun 1996, Guansong Zhang wrote:

> On Jun 7,  8:51pm, Zheng Gengbing wrote:
> > Subject: Re: VPATH in new 1.56
> >
> >
> > 	Version 1.57 is ready now. This version have these features:
> >
> > 	2. files in /include /basicop are changed to prepare to support
> > 	   multifiles . In fact , now separate compilation is begin to
> >            be partly supported.
> 
> 
> I don't understand what do you mean by this. Could you please explain a little
> more?
> 

	Sorry , I had no time to explain in details .

	We are now trying to improve hpfsc to surpport multi files .

	To do such separate compilation , we need do a lot of change :

	1. delay some semantic checkings until link time .

	2. do global check after link .

	3. modify program structure to allow multifiles, especially main 
	   control part .

	4. produce .mod files according to the modules defined in a source
	   file .

	5. merge dep files togather to produce a whole dep .

	now these flags are supported by hpfsc :
	-m :     .mod files are produced .

	-o :     the name of the output dep file after link .

	-c :     separate compilation without link. 

	The difficulty is how .mod files are orgnized , so that other source
file which use the module can obtain the information , and make so many
pointers in AST consistent.

Gengbin