Subject: Re: Makefile.in

From: Zheng Gengbing <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 May 1996 08:39:02 +0800 (EAT)

> 
> Only at topdir we have a makefile, other dir is Makefile.in. When make
> distclean, the top makefile was remained.
>

	Why must remain Makefile in top dir , it contains some configuration
information which is dir dependent , such as prefix . Do you think they
won't cause some confuse . Anyway I sugest , user must run configure 
before install to create every Makefile .

***************************************************************************
*     Zheng Gengbin                 *                                     *
*                                   *                                     *
*  Dept. of Computer Science        *  Phone:  86-10-2585088              *
*         & Technology              *  Email:                             *
*                                   *      [email-masked]   *
*  Peking University P.R.China      *  Mail:                              *
*                                   *      Room 1077 ,Building 47,        *
*                                   *      Peking University, P.R.China   *
***************************************************************************