Subject: Re: linux

From: Zheng Gengbing <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 1996 11:49:32 +0800 (EAT)

On Fri, 26 Apr 1996, Guansong Zhang wrote:

> On Apr 26,  7:10pm, Zheng Gengbing wrote:
> > Subject: Weekend report
> >
> >
> > 	This week , we are keeping improve the hpfcc . Not only more semantic
> > errors are checked out , but also debug out pointer errors on Linux , because
> > Linux is sensitive to every pointer errors.
> 
> Do you mean .l in the new 1.38 can be passed with out problem by flex?
> 
> I compared and find it's different from the one in old 1.37. I don't try it
> yet.

	I am very glad to tell you  that now both lex & flex can compile
hpf2dep now . After this morning's work , I find a way to fill the gap ,
and I succeed .
	Now the new version 1.38 are ready . This vesion have only samll
diffrence to the old one I mention in last letter in file hpflexer.l .
	You can also access this version of 1.38 in  ~zhenggb/npac.syr.edu.
or you can have your test on the *1.38 in my account.

	I have tested these machines :
	HP9000/720                  // svr.bimp.pku.edu.cn
	RS6000 AIX 4.1              // pccms.pku.edu.cn
	Linux 1.2.8                 // parallel.cs.pku.edu.cn
	RS6000 AIX 3.2.5            // mel.npac.syr.edu	

	The running of our project is good . The result of make compare 
is almost same  . And after run ./configure , there is no need to 
change anything to Makefiles .
It's a pity that no SUN is tested . If you have time , please try our project on SUN . 

	Our next goal is to let both yacc and bison compile the hpf2dep 
successfully.

	Another thing , since I modified DATA statement in f90.y , now
the unparse result of testG.f have little difference in line 3 . 
	I changed f90.y because the DATA_VALUE's left_llnd and right_llnd are
reversely created . It will be very easy for you to change your unparse .
If you have any question please refer to the f90.y in this version --
yacc rule: 'data_stmt_value' .

***************************************************************************
*     Zheng Gengbin                 *                                     *
*                                   *                                     *
*  Dept. of Computer Science        *  Phone:  86-10-2585088              *
*         & Technology              *  Email:                             *
*                                   *      [email-masked]   *
*  Peking University P.R.China      *  Mail:                              *
*                                   *      Room 1077 ,Building 47,        *
*                                   *      Peking University, P.R.China   *
***************************************************************************