Subject: New version

From: Zheng Gengbing <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 18:05:33 +0800 (EAT)

Hi,

  I probably solved the core dump error .
  The problem is caused by  error() in 'error.c' when compiled by gcc , the 
vfprintf() call and var_args  seems not portable . We meaned to use  error() 
to surpport thechangeable arguments func call.

  I'v splited the function into error1() , error2(), ... error6() , and
updated all error() call in all of hpfcc source codes .
  The version of our gcc of our HP lib is very low or incomplete , it's 
version 2.4.5 . When link , __builtin_va_start() cannot be found by gcc , 
so I added the empty function __builtin_va_start() in /hpfcc/util.c .
I guess it's this function that cause the core dump.

  After I  successfully compiled hpfcc codes using  gcc , I test the sample
files in hpfcc/Testsuite ,include  z?.f  g?.f  b?.f . The execution of 
hpfcc is good , except that it is  fragile to the pointer errors compared to 
the old one we compiled using cc on HP. I'v modified some source codes of 
hpfcc.

  These work is done on HP9000 , not on RS6000 , because we have no gcc on
RS6000 now.

 So, please re-get the hpfFrontEnd-1.2.tar.gz  and try on your machine .
If that isn't effective too , please let me login to your machine and check 
what on earch is wrong .

Regards,
 
***************************************************************************
*     Zheng Gengbin                 *                                     *
*                                   *                                     *
*  Dept. of Computer Science        *  Phone:  86-10-2585088              *
*         & Technology              *  Email:                             *
*                                   *      [email-masked]   *
*  Peking University P.R.China      *  Mail:                              *
*                                   *      Room 1077 ,Building 47,        *
*                                   *      Peking University, P.R.China   *
***************************************************************************