Subject: Re: your mail

From: Zheng Gengbin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 15:23:41 +0800 (EAT)

On Thu, 16 Oct 1997, Guansong Zhang wrote:

> 
> Though we never met, you already build a good credit record in my mind with
> your hard working and good sense on programming. I hope I have the same credit
> in your mind. (Though I am several years older than you, I don't like the idea
> it is the only reason I should have credit.)

Thanks , in fact I have same feeling toward you . Also I admire your ability
to organize our three parts togather on working the compiler .
 
> So, quite frankly, I would say you are much much more qualified than just being
> in Syracuse University. But on the other hand, there is possibility that none
> university in US may be willing to give you enough scholarship.
> 
> So you can consider SU as a choice, but not necessarily the only choice.
> 

  Yes , I never think I will only consider SU as my destination, but I do 
think SU is a better choice if any other university donot enroll me .

> As to the work here. I don't think it is any better than famous university. But
> this doesn't mean it is not good. I have the feeling, it is still better than
> most work inside China. (I don't sure about PKU). Besides have a chance to go
> abroad is a dream of most students in China. Just like when I was a student.
> 
> Personaly, you are warmly welcomed here. So I will do what ever I can to help
> you on this. But you need to let me know what you want me to do.
> 

 Thank you for your warmhearted. Since I am just begin to apply ,
I have many thing to learn , such as the applying procedure and materials I 
need .
One thing I am very strange is that I sent email to SU require the 
application form about 2 months ago , but I have not recieved any letter from 
SU . I don't know what's wrong .
Anyway I will have many questions about how to apply to SU as the time being.

Thank you in advance for your help . With your help , I am sure I will have
a much smooth applying .

Gengbin