Subject: Re: latest development

From: Cheng Xu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 1996 16:35:26 +0800 (EAT)

Hi, Guansong,

Message received.

> do you add check routines in .y file? Then when do you do it?
> During parsing of after the tree is reduced? Or have another program completely
> to do it?

We have made some modifications to HIT's .y file (see "/users/pact/hpfc_HP/
hpf2ast/.y" and "/users/pact/bug/notice" for details, the modifications are
marked with "/* add by...*/" in .y), almost all of the semantic routines  
work based on the AST.  They should work just after the AST has been built, 
but at this time, the AST has to be re-built from the .dep before our 
routines work in order to make it easy to debug them. 

Most of the routines can work now, but we have not finished integrating 
individual's components. Please refer to "/users/pact/report_hp/report.*"
for what we have done.

There are many bugs in the HIT's parser, what we have fixed are reported 
in the directory: "/users/pact/bug".

In addition, you can ftp or telnet to our HP machine now. 

>  Can you set up a PC with LINUX in your lab so you don't have to pay
>  the leasing fee ? HIT group has set up such a PC.

Two PowerPC servers and many PowerPCs will be available to us soon.

Regards!

-----------
Chengxu

---

From: Cheng Xu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 1996 16:52:57 +0800 (EAT)

Glad to hear from you!

> I don't know the account and the password. More important what kind of HP are
> you using? I need more information about your machine. so I can see if I can
> find someone here to co-work with you.
> 

        The IP'address is "svr.bimp.pku.edu.cn" or 
                          "162.105.174.2"

        Your USER name is "pact"

        And, the password is "pact2324"

The machine is HP 9000/720. 

Regards!

Chengxu