From: Cheng Xu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 1996 10:25:45 +0800 (EAT)

Prof. Li:

We have discussed our future work several times in last months. And, We 
discussed your email with Prof. Xu yesterday. We found the ways we chose 
are similar.

After reading Adlib , some of us would like to build a F77-like runtime 
function lib based on Adlib. Because Adlib is based on C++, our first 
target is to build the F77 library using F77 interface to C or C++. Our 
main thoughts are using the idea of process group and range of Adlib. This 
is similar to the idea you mentioned in you email. We think the target 
node program could include process group and range concepts. Because NPAC
has done much work on runtime library. We will concentrate on program 
transformation. Whereas knowledge on runtime lib is still necessary. 
Would you send a new version of "Annotated node programs for the HPF 
program template for FORALL statement" and Adlib source code to us?

Zheng Gengbin and Li Yu are building the class library based on the Sage lib 
and requirement of our compiler; other ones are working with the 
transformation strategies, we selected FORALL as the first step. As you 
can see, some of our work are overlapped, so we had better exchange our 
ideas regularly and our group would re-plan our works after receiving 
your mail about your suggest.

Regards!

Chengxu