Subject: Re: discussing on T_KIND

From: Zheng Gengbing <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 08:37:51 +0800 (EAT)

On Mon, 22 Apr 1996, Guansong Zhang wrote:

> 
> Understand each other's work can make thing faster, through we need a little
> time to discuss.
> 
> You don't tell me whether what I said is correct. If it is. I will modify
> unparse and dumpdep.
> 

	I am keeping explain this , but you seem still misunderstand me .

	All I explained is to say one thing your method is absolutely wrong ! 
That is the answer . Please use the compromise one I mentioned to deal the 
issue !

	To deny the existence of T_KIND is like deny the whole structure
of AST . Symbols cannot retrive the BFND information where decalre them.
You cannot always or impossible to retrieve the information from BFND !!!
If it can , it is still unnatural and need do some change to the AST .
T_KIND is a very special type which contain  a llnd expression .
We must design a new type to record all the information include base type
and the kind param expression (a llnd expression tree). That 's a obvious 
thing .

	If your unparser can only accept statndard base type , that's a 
fault when you degin the program , not the error of T_KIND !

	Also change the dumpdep is a rather easy thing , don't take that
seriously.

***************************************************************************
*     Zheng Gengbin                 *                                     *
*                                   *                                     *
*  Dept. of Computer Science        *  Phone:  86-10-2585088              *
*         & Technology              *  Email:                             *
*                                   *      [email-masked]   *
*  Peking University P.R.China      *  Mail:                              *
*                                   *      Room 1077 ,Building 47,        *
*                                   *      Peking University, P.R.China   *
***************************************************************************

---

From: Zheng Gengbing <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 1996 12:39:01 +0800 (EAT)

On Mon, 22 Apr 1996, Guansong Zhang wrote:

> > >
> > > If we allow T_KIND, then we add a new basic type. What I mean is that it 
> > > is not
> > > necessary (also cause trouble for dumpdep & unparse). We can use the old
> > > TYPE_OP to express this new thing good enough.
> > >
> > > If you insist on using T_KIND, we need to change dumpdep to dump more
> > > information for T_KIND, like it does for T_ARRAY. 

	I have added into the dumpdep the information about T_KIND. If you
also need to display any other information which is not presented in the
current dumpdep , please tell me  and I will add them.

Zheng Gengbin