Subject: New Version 1.53

From: Zheng Gengbing <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 1996 11:37:17 +0800 (EAT)

Hi, 

	Version 1.53 is ready now .

	In this version NAG can be successfully compiled by hpfsc both in
HP9000 & Linux . I believe it will be Ok on your machine too.

	In order to get the ideal result of test of NAG , you should 
remodified the intrinsic call argument of kind_= to kind= , otherwise hpfsc
will complain .
	There are still 15 errors which I am not very sure . I think they
are the errors of developer of that file .

hpfsc: line 1746 error 136:Variable cannot be assigned a nonPOINTER value.
hpfsc: line 1747 error 136:Variable cannot be assigned a nonPOINTER value.
hpfsc: line 1748 error 136:Variable cannot be assigned a nonPOINTER value.
hpfsc: line 1749 error 136:Variable cannot be assigned a nonPOINTER value.
hpfsc: line 1750 error 136:Variable cannot be assigned a nonPOINTER value.
hpfsc: line 1939 error 136:Variable cannot be assigned a nonPOINTER value.
hpfsc: line 2181 error 541:can not find the special name of generic 'min'
hpfsc: line 2181 error 148:Type not match in assignment.
hpfsc: line 2208 error 103:Type mismatched in .GE. .
hpfsc: line 2283 error 103:Type mismatched in .GT. .
hpfsc: line 2793 error 136:Variable cannot be assigned a nonPOINTER value.
hpfsc: line 2918 error 136:Variable cannot be assigned a nonPOINTER value.
hpfsc: line 2920 error 136:Variable cannot be assigned a nonPOINTER value.
hpfsc: line 2924 error 136:Variable cannot be assigned a nonPOINTER value.
hpfsc: line 2925 error 136:Variable cannot be assigned a nonPOINTER value.

1.
Here 11 errors of No.136 complained that  such in this example :
	a => comm%a

 filed a of record comm must have a target or point attribute. This is a
constraint of pointer assign statement .

2.
 Line 2181 with error No.541 ,
	min() :
	intrinsic function min() have arguments with type complex in file
which is not allowed .

3.
 Line 2208, 2283 with error No.103 ,
	>= and > operator cannot allow complex type.

	To compile tkNAG.f need more than 1 minute . be patient please .
The reson why it need so much time is because that HIT delete the hash table
which is implemented in sage++ , 
so we have to search a symbol from the symbol table head to end , that's
quite waste time . 

***************************************************************************
*     Zheng Gengbin                 *                                     *
*                                   *                                     *
*  Dept. of Computer Science        *  Phone:  86-10-2585088              *
*         & Technology              *  Email:                             *
*                                   *      [email-masked]   *
*  Peking University P.R.China      *  Mail:                              *
*                                   *      Room 1077 ,Building 47,        *
*                                   *      Peking University, P.R.China   *
***************************************************************************

---

From: Zheng Gengbing <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 1996 16:55:06 +0800 (EAT)

Hi,

	In rkNAG.f , I find 2 lines commented by Prof.Li :

call setup(comm_bw,t_bw_start,y_bw_start,t_bw_end,tol,thres(1),task='s')
call step_integrate(comm_bw,f,t_bw_now,y_now=y_bw_now)

	our hpfsc also complained above 2 statements . The reason is
the dimension of two actual argument do not match the dummy .
	one is y_bw_start , it should be declared as an array , not a scalar.
thres(1) is a scalar while the dummy requires a one rank array .

	In the second statement y_bw_now is declared as a scalar while
the dummy required an array .

---

From: Zheng Gengbing <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 1996 17:12:03 +0800 (EAT)

Hi,

	I am trying to explain the semantic errors reported in these 2 files.

test1.f

hpfsc: line 1384 error 125:In array section ,exactly one rank is allowed !
hpfsc: line 2187 warning 143:Label : 1330 is  defined but never used .

in line 1384:
 var59 % cmp14 (1 : 3 : 2, : 2 : 1, 2 : : 1, : : 2, 0 : 1, : 2, 2 :) (1 : 2) &
    & = 'xx'

since the reference of cmp14 contains more than one nonzero rank , hpfsc
complained.  The constraint is in array section , there must be exactly
one part ref has onozero rank.

line 2187 :
 1330 FORMAT ()
1330 is not used in any statement , so a warning was given.

testh.f

hpfsc: line 533 error 460:dummy 'dum1' should be specificated the intent 
attribute

  There are 4 errors complained like this .
  The constraint is that in pure procedure , every dummy must be specified
explicitly intent attibute.