Subject: Informing the semantic routine proposal!

From: Cheng Xu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 1995 10:06:59 +0800 (EAT)

Hi, Prof. Li,

It is a long time since I received your last message. Maybe, you have
returned NPAC from Supercomputing conference. 

We have analyzed all of HPF requirements again to determine what our 
semantic routines should do. I will send our proposal along with this 
mail to you, the proposal ends with tag "****** end of the document ******".

Now, we are designing the algorithms to do some necessary semantic checking
works. But, semantic routines may not only check and report semantic 
errors, but also provide some information for further processing of 
compilation, and some semantic analysis tasks can only be done on the 
basis of flow analysis, dependence analysis, and runtime support, so we 
would like to know your suggestion on the proposal and which of them must 
be done.

By the way, there are some problems with my email system, but this is
okey now.

Regards

Chengxu