Subject: Re: your mail

From: Zheng Gengbing <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 1996 12:44:07 +0800 (EAT)

On Wed, 3 Apr 1996, Xiaoming Li wrote:

> 
> Prof. Xu:
> 
> We got the hpfFrontEnd-1.2 from your machine yesterday. After make and
> test run, we see the package works surprisingly well (hpf2dep, hpfcc, 
> dumpdep, and unparser are all working.), though some warnings and core 
> dumps still exist. I see this as a big step towards our completion of
> the front end.

	I am glad to hear that . I'm now still improving the hpfcc so that
there will be less core dumps in your machine. Please give me a list of core
dump sample files in /testsuite.

> 	Zhang Guansong has adjusted the structure of the package
> as we see appropriate for further development. Please take a look. Should
> you have any comments or disagreement, please raise them up. It would be
> ideal if your further work is based on such a structure. 

	I adjusted some structure of this version for comfortable compilation
as soon as I got it . The whole structure is still the same . I only improved
the compilation of hpfcc by changing some parts of the Makefile , make it to
compile the intrinsic library and find the intrinsic library file automatically.
	Now we almost can compile the whole system in root directory without 
changing anything , except some changes to the arguments of yacc . And when
compiling , the file is changed automatically according to the intrinsic 
library found in current structure . So don't worry about the 'intrinsic.d'
any more.  
	I don't understand why we have two /include dir both in root and /src
dirctory ? 

	Because the one we got from you today cannot compile the /hpfcc 
successfully ,I compressed a  new version in 'hpfFrontEnd-syr-1.23.tar.gz' 
in  the home directory of the pact . 

	I hope we determine the final version soon  , so that  we can continue 
our work base on it .

> 
> I have requested NPAC issue an account for BeiDa and HIT. Hopefully, it
> will be available next week.
>

	Thanks .

***************************************************************************
*     Zheng Gengbin                 *                                     *
*                                   *                                     *
*  Dept. of Computer Science        *  Phone:  86-10-2585088              *
*         & Technology              *  Email:                             *
*                                   *      [email-masked]   *
*  Peking University P.R.China      *  Mail:                              *
*                                   *      Room 1077 ,Building 47,        *
*                                   *      Peking University, P.R.China   *
***************************************************************************